main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA What was the last DVD/VHS you watched?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    This is the companion thread to the DVD buying thread. I know its not unusual for there to be some time between buying a DVD and watching it . . .

So what's the last DVD or VHS you watched?

The last DVD I watched was the fanfilm Reign of the Fallen. It was entertaining, although it moved a bit slow in parts. I'll bring it to the next meeting if anyone wants to borrow it.

2. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    last dvd I watched was "The Kings Best'. Info on how to improve Drive-thru times at Burger King. Last Vhs I watched was Pee-wees playhouse vol.18-}

3. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Saturday, documentary cd on CGI that came with AOTC
    Sunday, we tried to get my parents (85+90) to watch A New Hope
    They kept falling asleep so we continued after they left.

4. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Last night Bryan and I watched American Beauty, which I hadn't seen in a really long time and which served both of our moods perfectly :)

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The last DVD I watched was Last Holiday with Queen Latifa (sp?). I have Netflix so I tend to watch a ton of movies a month. It was a cute movie, I liked it.

6. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    it's embarassing, but whatever I'm a dork.

13 going on 30...and i liked it so much i went out and bought it on dvd. but hey how much of a dork am i? the first copy i watched belonged to stacie!

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    So tonight the wife finally made me watch Borkeback Mountain. I could have done without the violent manlove but overall it wasn't bad. A little too long for my taste as well.

8. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    The last movie I watched, and will be watching again, and probably falling asleep to, is Waiting. As a cook at yor friendly neighborhood place for smiles for nearly 7 years, it was almost a prerequisit that I see it. That and it's unbelievably hilarious.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Waiting is such a great movie. I have to pick it up to own soon.

10. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I finally watched Krull (I had seen it back in the 80s, but not since)

Just like Terry said, there was Liam. All scruffy looking, with his braids and being a bandit. [face_love] And a playah! Seven or eight wives and faithful to each one. [face_laugh] How sad, that like in so many movies, he dies. Not as lovely as many of his death scenes (there was an unnecessary amount of gurgling sounds) but he did have great last words.

But Krull isn't the last DVD I watched. Last night I watched Buckaroo Banzai: Adventures Across the Eighth Dimension. Goofy, but entertaining. I heard that they finally made BB Vs. World Crime Lords as a comic book. Pity they never made it into a film.

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I watched Aeon Flux last night. I actually liked it. Tonight I am watching gremlins with the kids :) they have never seen it ... so this should be interesting LOL

never watched krull... looks like I need to make a blockbuster run....... if they even have it.... they never seem to have any of the older ones.

12. Leafy

Leafy Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2006
    I just watched the producers last night, but before that, its been a constant rotation of Narnia, Advent Children, and Harry Potter at work. (i work at pittsburghs last and only remaining Suncoast movie store so yay in-store play)

13. LittleTigah

LittleTigah Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2006
    The Producers, I highly reccomend this film. The old one is really good but this one was awesome too. Tonight I'm going to see if I can find my taped off tv copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

14. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Last thing I watched was Episode I. Passed out when they hit Tatooine, and somehow woke back up for the Naboo Duel.

15. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I actually watched X-Men 1 on VHS the other night! Lol.

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Last night I watched Munich. I really liked it. The guy from the HUlk movie didn't suck like he did in the Hulk movie.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hey, I was one of the 5 or 6 people who liked the Hulk movie!
    [face_alien_1]

18. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Eric Bana's Mom didn't even like The Hulk movie.

19. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    I watched X2..to get ready for X3!

20. LittleTigah

LittleTigah Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2006
    Bram Stoker's Dracula, and its so pretty. I was lookig at their make-up jobs and god they were great. The different forms of Dracula are so well done, and he comes off as sexy even though really i look at the actor and hes not that over the top, a lot of it is in his voice i think.

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
  22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Can we also talk about movies at theaters as well? I'll just assume we can, especially since I am still watching season 1 of Battlestar Galactica on DVD (on my computer, stupid macrovision.)[face_frustrated]

I saw X-3 this past weekend and I thought it was pretty good in terms of enjoying things on the geek level. It seems like the rule of thumb is if you are a fan of the X-Men comics then you will hate the movie, whereas if you didn't read the comics you will like the movie. I was not a reader of the comics and I liked it. The big battle scene was pretty cool and it was neat to see all of the different X-Men together, watching them using their abilities. The Juggernaught was pretty cool.

I also saw The Last Days of Sophie School, about a girl who was part of the Nazi resistance group called The White Rose in the early 1940s. She was put on trail, deemed unpatriotic for her beliefs and executed. It was? interesting? and I?ll leave it at that.

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I watched Super Size Me. For the two dozenth time. I showed it to my classes. [face_laugh]

24. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Trainspotting...for my internship, only further proving the fact that ewan mcgregor got me through college.

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I watched Cheaper By the Dozen 2 and Clone Wars part 2 over the weekend. I got The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and Logan's Run from Net Flix today so I'll be watching one of those tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.