main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA What was the last DVD/VHS you watched?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
  2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    The Jerk with Steve Martin. I'd seen it before and its still funny.

3. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Hahahaha. Laugh if you want, bt I watched Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. It's so fantasticly dumb and simple, it's amazing.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I definately won't laugh. I have it on DVD two times as a matter of fact.

5. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    sunset blvd for a program with my internship....

though i did watch part of return of the jedi yesterday as well looking for something (ok so i watched 10 min of it)

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I watched the pirate movie with christopher atkins and kristi mcnichol..... WOW like who remembers that one?!?!?! It was actually really funny to watch an 80's movie.. the effects are always soo cheesey. The fmaily actually enjoyed goofing on it :)

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Is that the one that was based on Pirates of Penzance, with the girl dreaming about the Pirate stuff? If so, then I remeber it and it was funny.

I watched Batman Begins last night. Wicked Liam. Happy Sigh.

8. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    I watched Darkman last night...blowed up, angry Liam...badassed.

9. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    yes cat that was the one... it was funny :)
    Last night we watched Pippi longstocking :) wow... feeling a bit old..

10. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Watched Domino the other night, and on Wednesday, I bought and watched Uderworld: Evolution

11. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    I watched Superman 2, to get ready for Superman Returns.

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Last night I watched Syriana and a few days ago I watched Winter Passing. Winter Passing was a funny quirky movie, I liked it. Ed Harris was good in it, it was a really different part for him.

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    A few days ago I finally watched Darkman. I had never seen it before, believe it or not.

Crispy, psychotic, vengeful Liam. Not as wonderful as some of the other Liams, but still a good time. ;)

14. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I rented "A History of Violence." It is EXCELLENT. No Liam, but Viggo plus Ed Harris and William Hurt. Very well put together. Lots of layers.

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I finally finished Battlestar Galacta Season 1 and it was excellent. The show was better than I expected, and I expected it to be good. It?s fresh (at least to me) and the story lines and characters are interesting. I can't wait to watch the Season 2 DVD next. I highly recommend it. Perhaps the Star Trek writers can take some notes from BG, but they won?t.

Before I move on to Season 2 of BG, I started watching 24 Season 2, and it?s very good as well... though somewhat exhausting to watch with everything that happens. It's like watching a very long movie.

After this it?s either Battlestar Galacta Season 2 or Lost Season 1. There is absolutely no need (for me anyway) to try to keep up with these shows on TV when they will just be available on DVD. Cliffhanger endings only take 10 seconds instead of a week. DVDs were made for TV shows!

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Last night I watched Tristan and Isolde with my wife. I had mixed feelings going into it, I thought it was going to be a total chick flick. Boy I was surprized! It had a lot of action in it and was less of a chick flick and more of an action movie. If it has been one of those movies you always walked by in the video store pick it up, you'll be surprized.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I finished Lost Season 1 yesterday. It was excellent. J.J. Abrams is a very good writer (or creator of characters.) He (or whoever is responsible for the majority of episodes) understands characters and how to use the plot to develop them. I am sure that the next Trek movie is in good hands.

18. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Ahh, Lost, me and My sister are obsessed with that show...

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I watched Serenity on Tuesday and I think that it was a decent first effort for the TV to film conversion. Some of the effects left a lot to be desired though, and definitely made me long for a sequel with a larger budget. It strikes me as odd that the futuristic city in a 25-year-old Blade Runner looked more alive and realistic then what we see in Serenity. It seemed almost as if they used a set from an earlier episode of Star Trek TNG for a few scenes.

Next up is V for Vendetta!

20. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Last three that I watched:

V for Vendetta :D
    Syriana :D
    The Island [face_plain]

Next up: The Third Man

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I watched V for Vendetta last night, also! I love that movie. The graphic novel is one of my favorites and I think they did an excellent job translating the graphic into a film.

22. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I too watched V for Vendetta on DVD and just like the Matrix movies it requires several watchings to catch all the little hidden meanings and philospohies. And just like the Matrix movies I give it four stars ****! =D=

23. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    The last group of DVDs I watched:

The Third Man =D=[face_dancing]:D Excellent

The Statement [face_tired] Rather dull and a subpar performance from Michael Caine

Gangs of New York [face_flag] Good, but too heavily stylized and a bit over acted, imo.

Firewall [face_mischief] Better than I expected, but still on the 4th best movie on this list.

North by Northwest :cool: Hitchcock. Not as good as I expected, but a fine action movie from 1959.

24. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    Just gone done watching Vendetta myself. Rented it from Hollywood video but I think I'm going to buy it. Someone told me there is a version of it out that comes with the mask. Any idea where I might find that?

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I watched V for Vendetta as well. You can get that special edition with the mask at Best Buy. It's like $35. But the mask isn't wearable unless you have a head the size of the shrunken heads from beetlejuice, it's not fullsize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.