What was the last DVD/VHS you watched?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by greencat336, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    I watched National Treasure and White Oleander last night, National Treasure was surprisingly good, and White Oleander, while a good movie, can't tounch the book....
  2. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Upping this, since its been long ignored and I KNOW that plenty of movies have been watched.

TRADMIC lent me Pillow Book and Young Adam. Two Ewan movies with the common theme of being movies in which Ewan gets nakie. Always a good thing. But in themselves very different flicks.

Pillow Book is . . . Ummmm . . . Visually incredible (and no, not just Ewan) It is a beautiful film, but I can't help feeling that I missed much of the deeper meaning and symbolism, since much of the movie is in Japanese. Eventually, I need to get translations of what was written on the 'books' and have someone explain to me the symbolism, then I'll go back and re-watch it.

All I knew about Young Adam was that Ewan got nakie and he played a major bastard. Wow, he certainly was a terrible person in the movie, but it was intriguing. Slow paced, but it was a suspense thriller not an action flick, so what do you want. This and Ewan's Shallow Grave would make a great, if disturbing, double feature.

Since one of my fav Liam movies is Les Mis, I decided to finally read the book by Victor Hugo. Its taking me some time to work through it, but its an excellent read, much better than I had expected. Very depressing, though. Interesting to see how the movie interpreted the book (which is, of course, an entirely different conversation)

I bought, but have not yet watched, a collection of The Tick cartoons.

EDIT: Grumble. School was cancelled again tommorow, so I guess I'll have plenty of time to watch more movies.

I'd like to have the Northern Exposure series, which I thought was one of the funniest shows ever, but I'm too cheap to buy it.
  3. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sigh. Another cancellation. I'm going to need to revise my unit plans. Again. sigh.

I did watch the Ballad of Ricky Bobby. It was extremely funny.

4. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    i watched Spice World this past weekend!
  5. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    My Steelers Super Bowl Champions DVD, For like the 50th time. :)
  6. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Clerks 2, Ghost Rider, Smokin Aces, Pursuit of Happyness, and Pans Labyrinth.....All at home I hate crowds...but I love gatherings, how strange...
  7. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I recently went to the Carnegie Museum, they had their collection medieval tapestries spread out over the floor in the one large hall so they could inspect and clean them. The sign invited folks to 'view the tapestries'

All I could think of was Indy saying "I am hear to view your tapestries. You do have tapestries, don't you." [face_laugh]

So, when I got home, I had to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.