main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Was the Last Movie/Show You Watched?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Search for Spock has a great ending... with the Enterprise falling to its destruction through the Genesis planet's atmosphere. :( But they got the Klingons into the bargain! :D

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    TSFS has the most uplifting ending to a sci fi movie since ANH. I like it when Spock says, "Jim. Your name is Jim", and then the crew rushes in to hug him, and Spock is standing there confused, and Kirk just smiles and laughs happily.

3. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I finally did what I said I was going to do and watch Conan the Barbarian today. And I did. Forgot how little dialogue there was. [face_laugh]

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The X-Files Season One - 'Space'. The one where the Space Shuttle mission is put at risk by the ghost / alien possessing the Mission Control Commander. Of all the Season One episodes I've rewatched so far, it was easily the weakest.

5. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Mai-Otome episode 15 "Arika Crying". Woah good episode, Arika was about to get raped but Sergey interfered with precision shooting. After that well Arika almost kissed Sergey but he put her down hard by acting like a jerk.
    Back at school Miyu-chan got caught but she didn't reveal that miss evil smile? is behind it. I also noticed that Arika and Mashimuro kind of have the same face, considering that Hisayuki Hirokazu isn't like Hirai "can't draw more then three difference faces" Hisashi there is a small chance for...twins?
    At the end of the episode we see Sergey doubting himself I know he doesn't want to seduce the princess, maybe he has feelings for another woman (Mai?) or actually loves Arika (I hope so :p ) also nice flashback to a teenaged Sergey or should I say Tate and a much younger Nagi.
    In the final scene we see that Arika's otome battle is about to start. The preview for the next episode didn't reveal anything, just images to a conversation. So knowing the creators and from past Mai-HiME experiences next episode will be big. I can't wait a week :(

6. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    In movies, I watched Blade Runner tonight and may end up watching THX-1138 later as well...though it's getting a bit late to start another one. :p

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Blade II, last night. UK tv Channel Four.

8. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I watched The Lost World: Jurassic Park yesterday.

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    100th Episode of Smallville

10. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Latest episode of Eleventh Hour, on Five. Really cool show.

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Recently watched The Matrix Revolutions, and further solidified my view that this film is severely underrated. The Neo-Smith duel and ensuing revelation is subtle but nonetheless epic, the Siege of Zion features effects-work unrivaled by anything I?ve seen in other big budget releases, and most importantly, the culmination of the narrative is ordained in thematic honesty. With this film I think the Wachowskis found the perfect balance of exposition of action, with each facet never hindering the flow of plot progression. For my money Revolutions is not only the pinnacle of the Matrix trilogy, but also of the strongest finales in the history of genre series.

12. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Back to the Future. After all the years I've watched this, I'm still picking up on small minute aspects. Good job by Zemeckis and Co.

13. ImpMarchFace

ImpMarchFace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    I just watched Red Eye with my family, it was pretty good. Better than I thought it'd be. Plus I really like Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy.

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Underworld.
    Big Momma's House 2.

15. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    Movie: Willow

TV: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 5 episode "Spiral" and Angel Season 2 episode "Over the Rainbow"

16. Jedi_NightOwlie

Jedi_NightOwlie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2000
    Underworld: Extended Edition DVD.

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Batman Begins

18. darth_bannedsmeagol

darth_bannedsmeagol Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2006
    watched the first quarter or so of galaxt quest, I gorgot how much I love that movie

It's the little things in live you treasure

19. Merlyn_Gabriel

Merlyn_Gabriel Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    currently making our way through babylon 5, atm we are in the middle of season 2.

such an awesome show.

20. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Jurassic Park

21. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    The last movies I watched were my second viewings of Batman Begins and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

On the TV front, the last thing I watched was the Buffy Season 6 premiere "Bargaining" Parts I & II on DVD. The brief glimpse at the decomposed body of Buffy was one of the most haunting images I've seen on a TV show.

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Batman (Tim Burton's)

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Wedding Crashers DVD

24. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    lots of science fiction/fantasy in there! :p

25. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Fantasy at least.

Only thing I've been watching is SG-1, constantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.