main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I just saw Idle Hands on VHS an hour ago.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    About half of Blade Runner. Excellent movie thus far.

3. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    i saw Shaun of the Dead last night. my sides nearly split open from laughing, and on top of that it also worked surprisingly well as a sort of quasi-serious twentysomething slacker movie.

4. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Mastage:That's like saying, My eye got poked out. It wasn't as much fun as having my testicles smashed, but it was still pretty good.

LOL at that ^
    I agree, I wouldn't bother to watch RE2 if it was Death Star movie night and it had naked Stormtroopers. RE1 sucked so bad, and the game was so good, that...I just don't want to talk about it...

5. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    The Fellowship of the Ring on Commentry.

6. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Pirates of The Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl on VHS

7. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I last watched Still Crazy on dvd.

8. RolandDeschain19

RolandDeschain19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2004
    Count me in among the many, for my last movie was "Shaun of the Dead", which I went to see last night. Utter brilliance. :)

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Star Wars: A New Hope :cool:

10. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    The last one I saw was Kill Bill Vol. 1, I got the Japanese version on DVD today. I hadn't seen it since it was in the cinemas so I can't remember exactly what was different.

11. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Sky Captain.

It sucked, except for the giant robots.

The robots flew from all over the world back to their base -- so why did they need to trace radio signals? Why not just look at the sky at the direction they were flying in?

How the heck did Dex escape with a bunch of doddering old scientists, and why should we care about the ones who died?

Why was Sky Captain so terribly miscast?

Why was the movie so boring, with such terrible dialogue and exposition?

12. PaplooTheory

PaplooTheory Jedi Master star 5

Nov 9, 2001
    The Forgotten.

I wish I could forget this piece of garbage. Ok, I'm sorry I even had to say that. Seriously one of the worst movies I've seen in years.

Saw Sky Captain before that. I wanted to enjoy it, but I found it poorly acted and it got overly ridiculous in the last hour.

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I was a bit skeptical at first, as writer Charlie Kaufman's other films were not exactly my cup of tea, but I loved this one a lot. Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet were both superb. The relationship they depicted was believable and lifelike, and really helped portray an age old concept of falling in love in a contemporary and honest manner. For me, Eternal Sunshine gave Kill Bill Vol. 2 a run for its money in terms of 2004's best film.

14. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    "Ladder 49": not a very good movie. In fact, it may be the worst one i've gone to see this year. Watching John Travolta try to do serious drama is like having all of my toenails pulled out, one at a time..

Only thing that saves it are some pretty neat fire-sequences... When it turns to focusing on the characters, though, BLEH..

As for "Sky Captain": it really does get better on a second viewing...

On my first viewing, i agreed with all of the complaints above..The second time around, though, i had alot of fun...

15. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

And finished season 6 of SG-1 and some more Family Guy.

16. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Sky Captain: great movie, lots of fun. Can't wait for the DVD and possible prequel.

Resident Evil Apocalypse: better than the first (which was okay) and surpassed my expectations. of course, my expectations weren't all that high though.

17. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Tonight I saw Ladder 49. I really liked it except for a few minor things. Other than that I thought it was great.

And last night I saw The Forgotten. Also very good in my opinion. The use of color to convey emotions, and the interesting camera angles and cinematography was great.

And on DVD I last saw Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. :cool:

18. PaplooTheory

Nov 9, 2001
    How could you like the Forgotten? Seriously, I want to know. I didn't see a single part of this film I enjoyed.

19. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Saw Jersey Girl last night and liked it a lot.

20. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    How could you like the Forgotten? Seriously, I want to know. I didn't see a single part of this film I enjoyed.

Oh come on.. You've got to at least admit that it's got a couple of real good jump-out-of-your-seat moments...

EVERYone i know who has seen it has at least given it THAT...

I mean, what did you go in expecting, anyways..."Citizen Kane"?

21. SweetCuppinCakes

SweetCuppinCakes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2004
    Super Size Me

A funny and informative indictment on obesity and the fast-food industry. One of the better films this year.

22. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Not the last movie I've seen, but 1999's The mating habits of the Earthbound human, was hilarious!

The movie is supposed to a documentary, filmed by aliens, who observe the mating habits of us humans. The movie stars Carmen Electra, and is about her finding a partner, their relationship, and eventually getting married and having childeren.
    It's halarious how the "alien" narrator of the movie mistakes the ehh...cries of pleasure during sex as cries of pain, and discribes the cries of pain during childbirth as a "wonderful euforic feeling, which the male will never be able to experience" :D .
    Go check that one out!

23. PaplooTheory

Nov 9, 2001
    No, I didn't expect a great film out of The Forgotten... I actually expected it to be terrible. Somehow, even that was too high of an expectation.

I only jumped once, and that was when the cop lady got sucked into the air... But I personally do no consider "jumpy moments" to be good parts of film.

24. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Jake, I found it to be an interesting and unique story. Also the camera angles and cinematography were really strong. Like how a lot of times, a fence or something was inbetween the camera and the actors. I think that created a wall between reality and imagination. Granted, it wasn't the best movie ever made, but it was entertaining and kept you guessing.

And if you were expecting it to be terrible, why did you even go to see it?

25. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Shaun of the Dead. It looked pretty good, but definately exceeded my expectations. One of my favorite movies now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.