main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    First 3 minutes of Pee Wee's Big Holiday. I wanted to stab my eyes and ears out.

2. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Eye in the Sky

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That bad?

4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Cringeworthy bad. I'll have to got back and attempt to watch the other 87 minutes.

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i haven't seen it but you're the first person i've heard say anything bad about it.

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Well I didn't give it much of a chance.

Rogue1-and-a-half and tom like this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Pee Wee's Big Holiday attempts to do another "road trip-esque" film to get Pee-Wee to go out on a "Big Adventure". Unfortunately, about 90% of the jokes fall flat, and Paul Reubens just seems annoyed or sad most of the movie. Joe Manganiello is a big part of the movie and adds little to no humor. I had to look up who he was during the movie. At the time of this post he's married to Sofia Vergara (who cares). There are a few other "famous" people in the movie, but most of them will have you going, "Where have I seen that person before?" and you'll have to look on IMDb for your answer.

There are a few Easter Eggs that one may notice in relation to "Big Adventure", but while these hidden jems are neat, they don't really add to the story or humor. The Pee-Wee in this story has never left his home, so there's no continuity with any previous film. It fails to capture the magic of the original. It is just as bad if not worse than "Big Top".

I believe I gave this movie 2 out of 5 Netflix stars.

8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    The Changeling. When it comes to horror I prefer the type that has more focus on atmosphere then jump scares, and this film did it pretty well. Plus it has a great George C. Scott performance going for it.

9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

:) That's just my I like certain characters schtick and if the others don't get in the way, yay! Agreed, there were a couple of interesting moments.

AmySolo likes this.
  10. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015

loved this movie! Haven't seen it in more than 20 years, but have fond memories. decent ghost story.

11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The Huntsman: Winter's War.
    It was decent. Chris Hemsworth was good in it. The best part of the film is the Dwarf characters. They're actually funny at times.

12. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The Swedish version with subtitles. I thought it was really good, made me consider reading the book.

Has anyone seen the American version? Is it worth watching.?

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    The American version was interesting, I don't think Mara Rooney was as good as Lisabeth. I preferred the Swedish film. This novel does have a tendency to meander a bit, but if you stick with you, you may enjoy it.

IamZam likes this.
  14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Zootopia.
    Yeah good story, cool ideas.
    Of course it's one big lecture on Diversity and Racism, which is fine and kinda needed nowadays. I'll have to Google around and see if it had an online backlash.

yankee8255 likes this.
  15. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'

I am a purist. I've never seen a Star Wars film on Blu-Ray HD because I refuse to get the OT out there. It was pretty beautiful.

16. The Krynoid Man

The Krynoid Man Jedi Master star 3

Dec 24, 2015
    Fierce Creatures. A sort of spiritual sequel to A Fish Called Wanda featuring the same main four actors (John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Kline and Michael Palin). I thought it was pretty funny but not a patch on the original film.

17. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Master_Lok
    I can't imagine another Lisbeth. I'm thinking there is a lot that wouldn't fly the US version with out an NC-17 rating

I'm just having a hard time picturing any other actress as Lisbeth, the Swedish one was excellent. I really enjoyed the multiple story lines.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually, the American version is far more faithful to the book. Really strange, I know.

Master_Lok likes this.
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Yeah, Noomi was quite good. I preferred Daniel Craig as the journalist though so...

And I forgot the book so thumbs up on the info I Are The Internets

And because talk of red and black Sith costumes led me to post images of the Venoms mob in their Flag of Iron Dracula capes, I watched Flag of Iron on the way into work this morning. Not a bad Venoms mob film (Love Lu Feng and like Chiang Sheng), but I wish they would have switched up roles more often. Kwok Choi is a bit overbearing to me lately when he isn't doing some insane acrobatics.

IamZam likes this.
  20. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    vin two hours of Pee Wee Herman? Not even at gunpoint. I've never understood the attraction to his kind of humor. I guess I've always preferred word humor over sight gags most of the time.

21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Pee Wee's Big Adventure holds up. It's very quotable too.
    His TV series not so much. Big Top Pee Wee was never good. Maybe that one film was lightning in a bottle thanks to Burton/Elfman.

22. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    I guess he just gets on my nerves. I've tried watching several of his movies at different times, I just get annoyed. Not sure why to be honest. I guess it's just his particular character I don't really like.

23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015

I read the whole series but couldn't make myself sit through the Swedish sequels. The Swedish original for the first film is my favorite, but Fincher is always interesting. The cast is fantastic. The moodiness of it is delightful. Not sure why I like the Swedish movie more.

IamZam likes this.
  24. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    more movies to add to my already very long queue. I may check out the sequels, as long as they are subs. Dubs drive me nuts. too weird..

25. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    The Big Short...working on the legal end of the real estate market, it made me mad all over again, and frightened...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.