main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Misfit138

Darth_Misfit138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Superman.

... a classic :D

2. Zinergy

Zinergy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2004
    Do you mean the last movie you saw at the Cinema, or the last movie you watched on DVD?

If you mean the Cinema, the last film I saw was Chronicles of Riddick

3. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    no matter where or in what format - just post your latest viewings!

King Arthur - I'd advise to stay clear of that one! :(

-Mel

4. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Kill Bill Vol. 2.

A pretty good movie. Tarantino could arguably be the very best filmaker right now regarding building individual scenes. You know, if Tarantino would actually concentrate on making movies instead of reading his press, he probably has some really great movies left in him.

5. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Theaters : Alien v. Predator
    DVD : Predator 2

6. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, I just watched Along Came Polly last ngiht and I found it to be a realyl cute film. Very enjoyable. THe acting was pretty good and the plotline wasn't incredibly boring or predictable. Well, as unpredictable as a romantic comedy can get.

And I now want a blind ferret!!!

:Targeter:

7. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    "Open Water": Decent film, though i was slightly disappointed..

Worth a watch, but not as scary as they say..

8. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I bought Canadian Bacon on DVD,it is a very funny early satire by Michael "Farenheit 9/11" Moore. John Candy is hilarious as Bud B Boomer,as he and his friends get sucked into a publicity war with Canada. They grow paranoid,and begin an invasion,when Bud's girlfriend Honey played by Cheer's Rhea Perlman is left over the border. Kevin J O'Connor,one of my favorite actors,also stars as Roy Boy

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Secret Window, which turned out to be one of those films with a decent first half, but a conclusion that left a lot to be desired for. Like another recent movie, The Village, to me Secret Window would have been more interesting if the exposition wasn't crumpled by an unnecessary plot twist that served only to hamper the story.

10. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Exorcist: The Beginning. :)

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Exorcist: The Beginning.

Discuss please, I'm curious. Heard mostly mediocre reviews for this one, what was your take?

12. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    Secret Window, which turned out to be one of those films with a decent first half, but a conclusion that left a lot to be desired for. Like another recent movie, The Village, to me Secret Window would have been more interesting if the exposition wasn't crumpled by an unnecessary plot twist that served only to hamper the story.

you're right. after seeing the village I couldn't remember the movie that it reminded me off. it was secret window. that's very much like the village. good start, disappointing conclusion! :(

a blind ferret? how come everyone wants a rudolpho after seeing Along Came Polly???? I wanted one too :D

yeah spill the beans about The Exorcist!!!!

-Mel

13. GreenWrinklyYoda

GreenWrinklyYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    The Exorcist was better than the previous sequels, in my opinion. I'm interested to see the Schrader version on DVD. There was a surprising amount of blood in the movie. A lot of regular movie scares too. Some disturbing parts as well, most notably involving children. The story was okay, you could feel that there was a really good movie in there somewhere. It was pretty well acted for the most part. There was an excellent twist I should have seen coming though! As for the exorcism, it didn't just feel right

14. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Exorcist IV was better than I expected. The story kept me entranced, and the inevitable exorcism at the end was rather exciting. There were some silly CGI scenes - the hyenas - but overall, it was very entertaining.

Have no idea why critics are tearing it apart.

Got a question for those who've seen it. Who was that man in the photo with Sarah? The one dressed as a priest. I must have gone brain dead, because I haven't a clue who he was.

15. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Theatre: Spiderman 2
    Home: Star Wars: A New Hope

Love them both.

16. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Just saw Aliens on DVD, fantastic as alweys.

17. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    Catwoman, but that was a few weeks ago.

18. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I saw Garden State Saturday because it finally came to town.

19. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    What A Girl Wants, well I caught the movie half-way through while searching for something good on tv. Was good to watch, some nice funny moments.

20. doctoryoda

doctoryoda Jedi Master star 7

Jan 18, 2004
    The chase

21. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    DVD: Election, Matthew Broderick-Resse Witherspoon

HBO: Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones

22. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Open Water.

Meh.

It was ok...far from great.

23. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    really? open water wasn't good? I want to see it. should I stay clear?

Catwoman, but that was a few weeks ago.
    is it as bad as critics say????

I've seen Timeline yesterday. was a nice little movie, not huge on logic and science, but quite a lot of action. dumbed down action movie you can watch with a couple of friends. no problem if anyone's talking :D

-Mel

24. GreenWrinklyYoda

GreenWrinklyYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Yes! Catwoman is as bad as the critics say. Do not see that steaming pile of cat dung. I was forced to go with my family on our vacation (it was a small town that only had 1 movie playing) and I will never get the time back that I spent in that theater.

25. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Blah, "Exorcist: The Beginning" was neither here nor there.. Not bad enough to be considered a bad movie, but definitely not good enough to be considered decent..If you're a fan of gore, there IS a decent amount of that.. And i do like Stellen Skarsgard..And heck, there is a decent twist right near the end...Unfortunately, the gore completely detracts from the story to the point where you really don't care about the twist..

I get the feeling that the Paul Schrader cut will be superior..

Open Water

A decent film, just not anywhere near as scary as people suggest.. In fact, once you get past the basic premise (which is scary in a "Man, that sucks, Sharks are scary" sort of way) it's not scary in the slightest and, i found, ultimately predictable..

Which i know that makes it sound like a negative review, but really.. I mean, the film is well-made and worth one watch..

At ANY rate... Last night, i watched "The Quiet American"..Tremendous film..Part romance, part murder mystery, part political thriller, this film pulls off all of the above brilliantly.. It's true what they say about Michael Caine's performance...That man is incredible..

EDIT: oh, and by the way... Catwoman is bad, but in a watchable, MST3K sorta way...

There are worse movies out there.. Heck there are worse movies out there THIS summer..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.