Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Last movie I saw was Richard Linklater's Before Sunrise. Wonderful little movie; the Lost in Translation crowd should love it, and so should everyone else. Bill Murray is obviously better than Ethan Hawke, but for my money Julie Delpy has Scarlett Johanssen outclassed. Tremendous film. Go see it. Then go to the theatre and watch Before Sunset.
  2. Drew_Atreides Jedi Master

star 5
    ....okay, latest one i just finished was "Stranded" aka "Naufragos", starring Vincent Gallo, Maria De Medeiros and Joaquim Almeida...A spanish entry in the "Movies about Missions to Mars" genre...

Eh, it was a decent enough film, if you need a sci-fi fix..It is more like "Survivor" on Mars then it is "2001", though, so don't expect to be blown away by any mindnumbing discoveries about the Red Planet..(well, okay, maybe 1 or 2..)

Vincent Gallo is an interesting guy..
  3. GreenWrinklyYoda Jedi Master

star 4
    Alas, I am not able to see Before Sunset. I live next to the 3rd (possibly second) most populated city in Illinois, and I am still not able to see any indie films. Garden State is the closest thing I can get to Before Sunset. Everything else is Exorcist, AVP, or Without a Paddle.
  4. BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Open Water

A decent film, just not anywhere near as scary as people suggest.. In fact, once you get past the basic premise (which is scary in a "Man, that sucks, Sharks are scary" sort of way) it's not scary in the slightest and, i found, ultimately predictable..

Which i know that makes it sound like a negative review, but really.. I mean, the film is well-made and worth one watch..

It makes for a well-made documentary feel...I'll give it that. But as a film, I don't think it has enough meat (even shark meat) and drive worth further viewings.

The loud hype isn't warranted, IMHO.

For a classy and flawless shark film, there's still no beating the original Jaws. Its tension and epic turn of events are unmatched.

5. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight

star 5
    EDIT: oh, and by the way... Catwoman is bad, but in a watchable, MST3K sorta way...

There are worse movies out there.. Heck there are worse movies out there THIS summer..

MST3K?????????
    what's worse than Catwoman????

-Mel
  6. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight

star 5
    I have to say that Catwoman (finally seen it) is definitely NOT the worst movie ever. the first 20 minutes were rather good , surprisingly. but as soon as she turned into Catwoman the movie went downhill. still had a great time though. depends on the people you're with! ;)

-Mel
  7. Predator150 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The most recent movie I have seen is The League Of Extrodinary Gentleman on DVD.

I bought it a while back, and had only watched it twice, so this was my thrid viewing which was Sunday night.

I heard many bad reviews on this movie, but I liked it. It's a great movie, with a intresting story and plenty of twists and mysterys which keep you'r imagination in motion, this is what really makes a good movie. Some People kind of dislike these movie because of that, I just think they are to damn lazy to use their heads and would just rather sit there like a zombie, and when it finnished they decide to bash it...saying it had no brains when it did, when they were the ones without brains.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Its also very emotional, not to much, but there is a scene that brought a small tear to my eye.

I would give this movie a 8/10, and thats my official rating of this movie. :)
  8. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight

star 5
    I so didn't like this movie. there was a lot of unbelievability in it, no attachment to the characters (though I usually love sean connery's characters!) and a weird story.

how can the nautilus swim let alone manouvre in the canals in florence (or whereever that was)? :rolleyes:

-Mel

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Last movie I saw: Napoleon Dynamite. I enjoyed this film a lot! Most of the people I went with liked it as well, a few thought it was stupid and didn't quite get the randomness of it at times. It's one of those where you get it or you don't, but everyone agreed that it had it's moments

10. dark_charlie Jedi Youngling

star 4
    the last one i saw was riddick, before that was king arthur and wilbur wants to kill himself.
  11. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight

star 5
  12. JediTrilobite Jedi Master

star 7
    Garden State in theaters and Three Kings on DVD
  13. Biggs_Darklighter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The last movie I saw in the theater was Spider-Man 2... which was a few months ago...

I guess I just don't see that many movies in the theater. You've got to admit, it's a rather expensive form of entertainment.
  14. rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I saw Aliens vs Predators a few days ago. It was pretty good actually. I was suprised.
  15. Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight

star 5
    *enters cloak flapping in the cool wind* :p

dodgeball was last film i watched, off to see anchorman this weekend :)
  16. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight

star 5
    hey there cool warior with flappin-in-wind-coat! ;)

yesterday I saw Riddick. It was not as stupid as I imagined (thanks to a lot of posts in the riddick thread) and I really enjoeyed it. dumbed-down-action-flick with great visuals and a gorgeous Karl "Mr. handsome" Urban! ;)

-Mel
  17. Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight

star 5
    [face_love] TEP a fine day i hope or you
  18. spooky-kid Jedi Knight

star 5
    Alien vs. Predator at the movies

8 Heads in a Dufflebag last night on DVD
  19. -JADED- Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The Notebook at the theatre...
    The Patriot on dvd...
  20. Drac39 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Havent seen a movie at the theatres since AVP

Last movie on video Bad Santa
  21. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Alien Vs. Predator. Not as bad as some people have made it out to be, and I was actually quite surprised by it. Was it nothing more than a teen oriented action flick? Yep. Did it add anything to the stories of Alien or Predator? Nope. Despite that, as a simple action film and on a visual level I thought it was interesting to watch. The Predators were great.

On DVD I bought The Passion of The Christ and watched it (I already saw it in theaters). I love this movie. I'm not very religious and look at The Passion not from a religious stand point but rather from a movie-going stand point and I love it. It's very dramatic and powerful and I actually cried. Mel Gibson is such a great director :D

I also bought Kill Bill: Volume 2 on DVD and watched it. Tarantino is a God :cool:
  22. Darthette Jedi Knight

star 5
    Monster's Ball. I couldn't finish watching it though because it was so darn sad and tragic. I think I got about 2/3 of the way through and just turned it off.
  23. Drew_Atreides Jedi Master

star 5
    ..i saw "Suspect Zero" tonite...

It's a tough one to quantify.. I enjoyed it alot, yet it's very flawed..

If you can appreciate a movie with some really quirky camera angles, then you'll probably like this one..

Interesting concept, flawed in execution, but executed well-enough to look past the flaws...
  24. starwars6554 Jedi Master

star 6
    Just tonight, for the first time I saw Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange

I had to read the book for school over the summer and I really enjoyed the book. And now I really enjoy the movie. While it's a bit disturbing, it really catches the spirit of the book very well.
  25. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm singing in the rain...

I just saw Anchorman. Not the best Will Ferral movie but still funny.