Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Kenneth Morgan Force Ghost

star 3
    Well, that was the last one I saw in public. The last movie I saw on TV was "Q Planes", a British action/mystery/thriller from the 1930s with Laurence Olivier and Ralph Richardson. It's an enjoyable movie with a fun script, and you get to see Henry V blasting down bad guys with a belt-fed BAR.
  2. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Volcano: The one where lava covers Los Angeles, so Tommy Lee Jones gets all grumpy and tells it to go away right now.
    Kiki-Gonn and Darth_Invidious like this.
  3. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III

Never have I wanted my money back more from an On Demand rental, only I knew what I was getting into. I have a crush on Mary Elizabeth Winstead and feel compelled in an entirely OCD way to see everything she's in.

Her career has come full circle it seems. From supporting roles in unsuccessful horror movies to leading roles in unsuccessful movies to supporting roles in unsuccessful movies to cameo appearances in unsuccessful movies.

Not yet 30 even, and already heading toward doing bit parts on network procedural crime dramas.
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, Jan 29, 2013
  4. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    double post
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, Jan 29, 2013
  5. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  6. StarWarrior92 Jedi Master

star 2
    Last Action Hero

Fun, with some good laughs, but way too long. Awesome quote from the Schwarzenegger though (as he takes out the lead villain): "No sequel for you!"
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    THIS IS SPINAL TAP

I had never noticed the lens flare in it before... until the riots, caused by JJ Abrams, amongst the droves of basement dwellers generated awareness of this perceived blight on filmmaking.
  8. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    I love Q-Planes. Ralph Richardson's character was the inspiration for John Steed in The Avengers (the 60's TV show, not the Marvel Comics property!), iirc.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Django Unchained.

It was the usual Tarantino type of thing, immensely violent but also at times quite funny. Nice to see DiCaprio play a villain, he does it well. The stand-out performer was Sam Jackson as the old butler, he was crazy.
    It did go a bit downhill and OTT at the end, but that's Tarantino for you. It also felt like it was longer than it needed to be and the fact the N-word was used almost every other sentence in the movie makes me believe Tarantino was trying to be shocking and radical by using a taboo words excessively (again, typical of him).
  10. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Also has one of the best villain lines of all time:

"If God were evil, he would be me."
  11. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Finally saw Skyfall in the cheap theater. Great, great movie.
  12. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    The Three Stooges: The Movie
  13. Frank T. Force Ghost

star 6
    The Matrix Revolutions

I love it! More than Return of the Jedi. More than Revenge of the the Sith. More than The Dark Knight Rises. More than Three Colors: Red. Way more than The Last Crusade. But not more than 2046.
  14. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  15. -G-O-A-T- Force Ghost

star 3
  16. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  17. Life Jedi Master

star 2
  18. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Flight: pretty good film. Kind of bittersweet.
  19. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    Django Unchained-

Enjoyable, if you find QT's peculiar niche enjoyable, but nowhere near as artful as Inglorious Basterds (opening sequence, basement scene, etc.).
    It was basically just the more juvenile stuff from IB but in a different setting. Still thumbs up though.
  20. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Hot Rod: This film is a little too close to home for me since I had a cousin who was a stunt man, and he did a stunt off of two elephants and got decapitated by one of the tusks while his moped exploded causing him to burst into flames. He was later eaten by hyenas. I was crying tears of sadness throughout the entire movie. I just want to be alone now.
  21. -G-O-A-T- Force Ghost

star 3
  22. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Haywire. Not Soderbergh's best movie, but definitely not his worst, either. Entertaining and gratifying for its straightforward approach to action scenes. Gina Carano - now she would make a great Jedi or bounty hunter in Ep VII.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  23. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
  24. thesevegetables Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The Breakfast Club.
    Detention seems so fun. You get to hang out in an awesome library all day long. You may even be able to finish a whole reference book! Those are awesome but can't be checked out.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Flight

A decent movie with a solid performance by Denzil Washington, dealing with the harshness of alcohol & drug addiction.

The Last Stand

Arnie realy struggles to carry movies as a lead these days, he's better-off in Expendables type stuff. It was OK but pretty generic and predictable.