Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

1. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Hot Rod: This film is a little too close to home for me since I had a cousin who was a stunt man, and he did a stunt off of two elephants and got decapitated by one of the tusks while his moped exploded causing him to burst into flames. He was later eaten by hyenas. I was crying tears of sadness throughout the entire movie. I just want to be alone now.
  2. -G-O-A-T- Force Ghost

star 3
  3. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Haywire. Not Soderbergh's best movie, but definitely not his worst, either. Entertaining and gratifying for its straightforward approach to action scenes. Gina Carano - now she would make a great Jedi or bounty hunter in Ep VII.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
  5. thesevegetables Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The Breakfast Club.
    Detention seems so fun. You get to hang out in an awesome library all day long. You may even be able to finish a whole reference book! Those are awesome but can't be checked out.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Flight

A decent movie with a solid performance by Denzil Washington, dealing with the harshness of alcohol & drug addiction.

The Last Stand

Arnie realy struggles to carry movies as a lead these days, he's better-off in Expendables type stuff. It was OK but pretty generic and predictable.
  7. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  8. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Funny Games (US version)

loved it.
  9. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  10. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Hamlet with David Tennant in the titular role and Patrick Stewart as Claudius/King Hamlet. Wow, I'd forgotten how much I could enjoy Shakespeare. Especially the tragedies. Love me a suicidal monologue... soliloquy. I always get those confused.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Feb 1, 2013
    Mar17swgirl, Everton and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    My condolences.

I watched Bullet to the Head tonight. It was ok, super straight forward and kind of predictable. Stalone looked much better in this movie, he looked terrible n the Expendables.
  12. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    err what? o_O
  13. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    School Ties with Brendan Frasier and Matt Damon. It wasn't a bad movie, though a little dry at times. There was football in it, which helped capture my interest enough.
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Paycheck was such a terrible movie is all
  15. Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost

star 4
    Iron Sky.

At first I was all "Whoo Hoo!" Then I was all "meh..."
  16. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    i enjoyed it, some parts i didn't understand but i did enjoy it
  17. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Django Unchained.

I was... bored.
  18. tom Chosen One

star 6
    life of pi. it was beautiful. 4 more best picture nominees to go.
  19. Life Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  20. tal0nkarrde Force Ghost

star 2
    Last edited by tal0nkarrde, Feb 2, 2013
  21. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you for that! I have the movie on my Netflix queue and hope to get it soon. It sounds more intriguing now than it did before.
  22. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. Maybe it's just me, but I thought this did the whole "subverting/making fun of horror movie cliches" better than Cabin in the Woods. I definitely like that one of the college kids was a murdering psycho (I could've done without the "revelation" though) and the hillbillies were the heroes.
  23. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Movie 43- An ok collection of shorts that kinda ends up feeling like across between SNL and Robot Chicken, just with a huge guest star cast and an unfocused nature (even it's frame story eventually tries to be too meta by recognizing itself as unnecessary).

As one would expect, some shorts are funnier while others fall kinda flat, and too many just go for extreme gross-out humor (do not watch this film in physical or chronological proximity to food).

The best segments are the Gotham Speed Dating (with Jason Sudekis as Batman, Justin Long as Robin along with Kristen Bell and Uma Thurman) and Happy Birthday (with Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scott, as well as gerald Butler as the leprechaun) ones, as well as the fake commercials (the children in machines one in particular). A few others end up being ok (the Jackman/Winslet one).

Wouldn't recommend it for theatrical viewing (though, judging by the box office, it's not threatening to be so for many people) but it's an interesting experiment.
  25. Eternity85 Jedi Grand Master

star 3