Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 7
    How is that? I read the book a few years ago and really thought it was incredibly moving, but I've never gotten around to catching the movie.
  2. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The Expendables. Awesome is the description that comes to mind.
  3. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
  4. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Zidane

I liked it, but would never watch it ever again
    Winged_Jedi likes this.
  5. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    MicMacs à tire-larigot.

Bonkers. Funny. Ingenious. Cunning. ...and did I say bonkers? :p A really enjoyable French comedy, with added morals. Oh, and a bizarre obsession with human cannonballs. :p
    Mar17swgirl likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Parker- While still solidly "a Jason Statham movie", this is one of the better Jason Statham films you'll find, with at least some depth to the character's motto mind set (not a lot, mind you, but a bit more than usual).

A lot less shoot outs and martial arts than usual, with a greater focus on the crime heist facets.

It's difficult to not make comparisons to Payback (Parker/Porter going after guys he pulled a heist off with that betrayed him, taking his take of the loot which he seeks on principle).

Parker is a more serious take on the concept, though- there's none of the quirky tongue in cheek humor of Paybacks take.

2/4 of the top Expendables down, Stallone and Willis left to go...[/b]
  7. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    The Proposal, for what must be the 5th time.
  8. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
  9. Eternity85 Jedi Master

star 3
    It was okey, depends on what mood you're in i guess. Great actors! If you liked the book its probably worth it.
  10. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Snuck out to see Warm Bodies before the Superbowl. I was surprised by how good it was

Show Spoiler
    and by how long it took me to figure out it was Romeo & Juliet & Zombies. I really, really liked the idea of different classes of zombies - corpses and bonies. There was a hole in zombie mythology that needed filling. This movie filled it in with some really class.
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, Feb 4, 2013
  11. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Chronicle. It does a good job showing what would really happen if some teenagers got superpowers, especially nowadays (I would definitely think they'd film themselves doing stuff and put it up on Youtube). But man, that one kid's dad was a real ***hole. Why he lived is beyond me. Liked the flying scenes, very realistic, and sets the bar high for the next Superman movie.
  12. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Bullet to the Head- A vaguely buddy cop flick (only it's one cop and one hitman) combined with the usual climbing-the-crime-ladder to find out who sold out the "hero" criminal concept.

It's actually kind of weird seeing that premise back to back between this and Parker, but they have very different feels to them so the overlap isn't too redundant.

Anyways, it's an ok flick- Stallone is enjoyable, but I feel "Han" was a little out of place (something somewhat intentional, it's just that "Han" doesn't have the chemistry with Stallone to make the execution fly).

Jason Momoa, however, was awesome and brings life to what was otherwise a limited character. He'll be one of the headliners of an Expendables sequel in 25 years.

The film does have a really great line from Stallone though (but i suppose it's in the delivery and context so I wont spoil it here).

3/4 Expendables down, now I just gotta wait for Bruce and Die Hard to hit and I'll have finished off the set.

(on a side note, it's really rather sad to see all three of these films bomb at the box office- they may not have been the cream of the crop but they were all decent-to-very-fun action flicks. following Dredd last year this does not bode well for R-rated action flicks for the near future...)
  13. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Jason Momoa seems to be making a bit of a name for himself. I hope we see a lot more of him in the future. He was awesome as Ronon.
    Last edited by Chancellor_Ewok, Feb 5, 2013
  14. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  15. Life Jedi Master

star 2
  16. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah- he was great as Ronon, he did a lot with very little here and he had a nice take on Conan even if the movie itself wasn't very good.

The shame of it is, with Conan and Bullet to the Head bombing, he's probably not very bankable as a star despite his talent.
  17. tom Scattergories Winner

Game Winner
    star 6
    silver linings playbook. i really liked it. i'm so glad that the thing you wanted to happen happened and it didn't end like a hemingway novel.

only 2 best picture nominees left to watch, amour and zero dark thirty.
    PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  18. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Flight. Not bad, but Zemeckis' best film IMHO. The prison scene at the end would have worked a lot better if the movie had started there.
  19. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Looper, finally. Pretty damn good. The time travel mechanics make no sense, as time travel often always does, and I would've preferred a bit more exposition on the dystopia of an impoverished U.S. (world?) descended into kleptocracy. But it was really creepy how much they made JGL look like (and how he acted like) Bruce Willis, and the kid playing Cid was really great.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Feb 5, 2013
    PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    As well as the Fantastic Four reboot.
  21. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Phone Booth, not a bad movie
  22. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 6
    Shaft: The original with Richard Roundtree. Is it sad that the only salvageable thing about this film was Isaac Hayes's soundtrack? I really would have rather seen Hayes as Shaft since that was originally going to happen. It's fairly bland and doesn't really go anywhere. On the other hand, I do love Black Dynamite.
  23. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  24. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  25. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Warm Bodies, night before last.