Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

1. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    Grandma's Boy: I'm a terrible terrible person for admitting that I actually really enjoyed this movie and thought it was hysterical. Very strange since I hate mostly everything that Adam Sandler produces/stars in.
  2. Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Project X
    I thought this remake of the classic Broderick and chimps flick was pretty good. I don't remember so many breasts or partying for that matter in the original. Not complaining, just saying it shocked me. I didn't mind that they changed and went with a found footage shooting style for this one. I really put you in the middle of the action like you were there. Not a fan of them switching out all of the chimps for a single Yorkshire Terrier. 3.5/5
    Frank T. likes this.
  3. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master

star 5
    That's about right. I enjoyed the film but was ultimately disappointed. I found parts of it quite chilling, and the plot was rather gripping, but still it left me wanting something more. The final shot might have something to do with that feeling, since it was poorly rendered and rather obvious CGI, which is the death of fright.
  4. Mortimer Snerd Jedi Master

star 4
    "Mansome"

It was a Morgan Spurlock documentary about male vanity, grooming, etc. There's an awesome bit about beards and moustaches in it. @DarthTunick you need to see this.
    Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
  6. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master

star 5
  7. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

How would watching that be an different from everyone I know bitching about my beard over the years?
  8. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  9. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Premium Rush - Lives up to its name for the first 20-minutes or so, but momentum is killed by needless back tracking and hammy performances - 6/10
  10. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master

star 5
    ...and?

Was it spirited enough for you? Four stars? One star? Unrelenting genius? Pandering pablum? A work rife with inspiring craftsmanship? Or dispiriting drek of the lowest variety?

What is your opinion of this film?
    Last edited by Merlin_Ambrosius69, Feb 22, 2013
    Life, eht13 and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's good
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  12. King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Master

star 3
    The Dark Knight Rises.

I liked it but it is slightly too long.
    Last edited by King_of_Red_Lions, Feb 22, 2013
  13. SWpants Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm watching the 2012 version of Total Recall

I enjoy the original more, but this really was a good adaptation.
  14. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master

star 5
    Young Frankenstein (1974) -- For about the 20th time, this time on Blu-Ray with all the extras! Enjoyed the hell out of it, not only for the hilarity, but also for the production design and cinematography, which are superb, and for the performances, particularly Wilder's, as he grounds the film is something approximating emotional reality. There is simply no other film like this, offering as it does a kind of Pythonesque parody of an established genre, at the same time that it works as a loving homage to that genre; and while setting the film in an impossible and illogical universe, it still provides a story framework that is just plausible enough to accept as a "real" film -- as opposed to a completely absurd send-up a-la Airplane or Naked Gun. Somehow you genuinely care about these characters by the end of the movie, and it's wonderful to watch the gradual transformation from stereotypical plug-ins to affectingly real personae. 4 1/2 stars!
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  16. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master

star 5
    @Darth Vader:

At the risk of repeating myself, why do you list only the titles of the movies you watch? Do you think people read this thread to see the title of a movie, a propos of nothing? What is stopping any of us from just randomly listing the titles of every movie we've ever seen? What is the point of that exercise?

Please tell us what you think of Behind Enemy Lines.
    Life, eht13 and JUKE-SKYWALKER like this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, the title says What was the last movie you saw, soo that is the point

As in the movie, it was very entertaining with some action
  18. Frank T. Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Argo

There was a lot of parts that I liked but overall it was only okay.
  19. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master

star 5
    And yet the opening post offers brief reviews of the films the thread originator has recently seen. If you're only listing titles, it's a pointless waste of time for anyone clicking on the thread who is hoping to gain some insight into an unseen film, or to find a discussion on a film we have seen. Do you see what I'm getting at here?
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yea i do
  21. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master

star 5
    Then yay. I look forward to reading your reviews. :cool:
  22. Mortimer Snerd Jedi Master

star 4
    No, I meant that there are some incredible beards in it. Anyone who bitches about your beard is jealous. Reach for the stars.
  23. tom Force Ghost

star 6
    and also has never actually seen you sans beard.
    Last edited by tom, Feb 22, 2013
  24. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    I'd argue at least one film like this: Shaun of the Dead. Affectionate parodies are tough to pull off really well, yet these two films are about the best you can expect coming from this angle.
  25. Everton Force Ghost

star 10