main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Awesome movie, love this movie especially when i was younger.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    ANH WAS SO DEEP BEFORE THE CGI DEWBACKS

Life and Bacon164 like this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Ice Road Terror

Good movie, but the Prehistoric Creature looked fake.

4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Life of Pi

This movie was very enjoyable and great eye candy. Good story. My favorite Ang Lee film so far. I don't know how rewatchable it is but I'm gonna add it to my collection anyways just for some of the parts that I like.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Not most recently watched, but Four Lions is great comedy about four Muslim terrorists. There's even a Star Wars joke in there.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    THE STUFF. Can't get enough of the Stuff.

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Oz the Great and Powerful.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You're a fool! You should have listened to Jabbadabbadoo and avoided the strain of having to formulate an opinion about this film for yourself. Always check YJCC before trying anything new.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I love this.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Another fantastic movie!

11. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    The Nude Bomb. I saw it listed on HBO Family last night, and having heard so much about it over the years, being a Get Smart fan and all, decided to watch it. Aside from having Don Adams as Maxwell Smart, it doesn't have any connection to the TV show.

It was like a Naked Gun-style James Bond parody, only not as good as those films.

12. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Wow, I remember The Nude Bomb from when I was a kid....vague recollections of a villain with pantyhose on his head, a mountain fortress with a giant zipper for a door, and a helicopter that went "shush" or something. It's been easily 30 years since I've seen or heard ANYTHING about that movie. I feel compelled to find it and watch it now.

13. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Would you believe it also had....

....a desk chair?

....a very obvious tie-in with the Universal Studios Theme Park?

....very little nudity for a film called The Nude Bomb (it was rated PG, after all)?

14. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    If I want nudity I'll ask my girlfriend to take her clothes off.

Life and Eeth-my-Koth like this.
  15. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    'The Great Dictator', just one of the all time great films. Chaplin is hilarious and heart warming as the Jewish Barber and that is often forgotten in the midst of the political satire which is scary in how Chaplin knew so much before the horrors of the Holocaust. Hitler is stripped away of all his power when he is made fun of.

Darth_Invidious and Life like this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Great movie.

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Paranorman. Fun movie. It actually kind of felt like The Iron Giant wrapped in a Zombie movie, instead of a 50s B flick.

18. -G-O-A-T-

-G-O-A-T- Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The Master

Joaquin has some impressive acting performances on his resume.

19. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    That is one of the great performances of last year. For a long time I was on the fence on whether he was terrible in that film or superb.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    At the theatre: OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL. As a longtime fan of each of L Frank Baum's books, I loved the hell out of it. And, the cgi and costumes were beautiful.
    At the home theatre: THE BLOB. Criterion just released a restored version on blu ray and I watched it at 3 am this morning. Classic. I love old monster movies.

21. -G-O-A-T-

-G-O-A-T- Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    His willingness to play such unflattering characters is commendable. The performance enhanced the unattractive qualities of the character, yet still created empathy.

I particularly enjoyed his recurrent hands on hips affectation.

22. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Actually, it is my understanding that Chaplin later regretted making the movie because he felt it soft-peddled the plight of the Jews during the Holocaust. Still, it is a fine work.

May I suggest you now see the first movie to satirize Hitler and the Nazis: "You Nazty Spy", with the Three Stooges? It was released months before "The Great Dictator". It lacks the pathos and final plea of Chaplin's work, but is an even more merciless shafting of the Third Reich. The Stooges basically said, "Let's get that paper-hanging S.O.B." and ran with it. Then, check out the sequel, "I'll Never Heil Again".

23. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    A Fish Called Wanda

Haven't watched it in years. It's one of a handful of films that leaves my face hurting from laughing.

[​IMG]

24. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Did Kevin Kline retire? Haven't seen him in a while. I might retire and bed Phoebe Cates nonstop too.

25. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Rented Hitchcock last night. Entertaining movie. The portrayal of the relationship between Hitchock and Alma was really charming. Hopkins had a few seemed that I think recalled his Hannibal Lecter performance a bit too much. At times it almost seemed as though Gervasi and Hopkins were overtly trying to tie the movie to Silence of the Lambs, particularly in the sequence when Hitchcock directs Janet Leigh in the shower stabbing sequence. It felt like a direct appeal to Hopkins' closeup when Hannibal Lecter kills the police officer near the end of Lambs.

Also I thought Gervasi did not successfully pull off whatever he was trying to accomplish with the Ed Gein hallucination as Hitchcock's twisted artistic muse.

Otherwise, really enjoyed the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.