Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
    Not quite.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
  3. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
  4. tom Chosen One

star 6
    the 3:10 to yuma remake was fun, and i'm one of the few who loved peter jackson's king kong.
    jp-30 and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  5. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    My roommates and I are currently watching the Harry Potter series in order. We watched Prisoner of Azkaban the other night. I wanted to this to myself:

[IMG]
  6. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    That's worse than doing a LOTR marathon.
  7. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    The Kentucky Fried Movie (1977) - Dated and uneven, but it made me laugh. Heck, it's worth watching it for Catholic High School Girls In Trouble alone. Thank you, Samuel L. Bronkowitz. - 6/10
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    I think the trio of Crowe, Bale and Foster are literally exquisite. Those performances are just incredible. It's been a while since I've seen the three leads in a movie all be that excellent.

And Jackson's King Kong is another good one. I actually really loved it too. It doesn't replace the original, but, in it's own way, it's just as breathtaking. I mean, King Kong fights two T. Rexes. While they're all swinging through the air. I mean, ****. If you can't love that, you're just being too self-serious. :p
  9. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Day The Earth Stood Still. The original only version.
  11. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Meh, I think it's fairly dated with some atrocious dialogue. The Keanu Reeves version is stupid and offensively bad, but it looks pretty! As far as 1950's sci-fi movies go, I would probably consider Forbidden Planet the best of that decade.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Oh! Suddenly, I see it your way...
  13. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    Which version, though? The original Ralph Bakshi one, or the Peter Jackson remake? [face_plain]
    jp-30 and Sarge like this.
  14. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I worded that all badly didn't I? Oops.
  15. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    The last tv show I watched yesturday was, finishing off the Season Five of Sons of Anarchy. Great show and its so good you could almost relate to the biker gang memebers and the club itself despite the horrible things they do, like the sopronos excepts its white trash guys on motorcyles.

And I just started to watch Strike Back and its a good show but it does not compare or beat homeland but its still a good show if you like War On Terror shows but I hope one day they well make a season three for Sleeper cell.

EDIT: Movie wise I can't remember what one I watched yet.
    Last edited by black_saber, Dec 9, 2013
  16. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    This version was amazing. Not as good as the story but still really good.
  17. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    It's got that really stark black and white look and that wonderful Hermann score. The dialogue is patchy and Michael Rennie is pretty wooden (luckily, they guarded against this problem in the remake by casting . . . KEANU REEVES?!?!), but it's an enjoyable movie. Forbidden Planet is better though, I agree.
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    It's got that really stark black and white look and that wonderful Hermann score. The dialogue is patchy and Michael Rennie is pretty wooden (luckily, they guarded against this problem in the remake by casting . . . KEANU REEVES?!?!), but it's an enjoyable movie. Forbidden Planet is better though, I agree.
  19. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Pretty much sums it up.

I love fifties Sci-Fi. They were the only films allowed to ridicule how ridiculous the Cold War paranoia and fear could be without being brought before McCarthy.
    Last edited by Drac39, Dec 9, 2013
  20. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Argo (2012) - Tense, immersive and surprisingly funny at times. The fantastic supporting cast really take this up a notch. Best Picture of '12? Not sure about that, but it's a good one. - 7/10
  21. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I can't believe I haven't seen 3:10 to Yuma yet. I need to rectify that.

As for Jackson's Kong, yeah, it had its moments. But that fight. Damn. I loved how at the end he thumps his chest and bellows triumphantly, as if saying "**** yeah, THAT just happened!"
  22. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I think 'Argo' is a phenomenal film that gives into really easy conventional thriller choices to wrap up the film
  23. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, there were definitely things in the final act that felt like a bit of a concession to conventional thriller tropes, but it's pulled off pretty well, and I gave Affleck some slack because he eschewed that sort of stuff for the bulk of the film.
  24. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Dead Again (1991)

A rather brilliant little thriller that has three actors I like very much, Kenneth Branagh, Derek Jacobi, and Emma Thompson. Man, has Emma aged gracefully.
    Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  25. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6

It's trippy for sure. It's kind of brilliant and crazy to do this kind of thriller about reincarnation