Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

1. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Somewhere (2010)

Directed by Sofia Coppola.
  2. heels1785 Community Manager & JD Commish

Manager
    star 6
    Transcendence. Big fan of Depp, Nolan produced, thought that the film may just be one of those cases where I disagree with the mostly poor reviews.

Boy, was I wrong. What a load of crap this thing was.
    Last edited by heels1785, Apr 30, 2014
    Mr. K likes this.
  3. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Rambo - Not great, last battle was impressive and really gory plus Dwalin was an ass in this movie
    Last edited by Legolas Skywalker, Apr 30, 2014
  4. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
    Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Silly concept, over the top action, too much gore, lousy CGI effects. But it still sucked me in. (See what I did there?) Yeah, I liked it a lot more than I should have.
    heels1785 likes this.
  5. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Go see the first one. It's basically a perfect action movie.
  6. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I dont understand the whole universal hate for this film. I think it's definitely less epic in scope but I think the whole plot about the cure is well handled and compelling. The Phoenix stuff is goofy though
  7. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    No, X Men 3 sucks, though Origins makes this one look like Casablanca.
    Drac39 likes this.
  8. thedarkbeckons Jedi Master

star 1
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Finding Vivian Maier (2013)

Really wonderful documentary about a nanny during the fifties, sixties, seventies and eighties that harbored a secret passion for street photography. After her death, a guy finds a trunk full of tens of thousands of negatives and begins investigating. Maier herself is a genuinely intriguing figure; a woman who took beautiful photographs and then didn't even develop them. The film eventually gets into issues of mental illness as well as issues surrounding art and what makes it art. The photographs are great and the photographer is mysterious and fascinating. I wasn't expecting to love this movie, but I did. You should see it. *** 1/2 stars.
  10. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Anyone seen Brick Mansions? It's supposed to suck, but I really liked District B13.
  11. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  12. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6

In its own right its not that bad, its just not as good as X-Men or X2. There's a definet uptick in quality when Bryan Singer is involved an X-film.
    Last edited by Chancellor_Ewok, May 1, 2014
  13. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Knocked Up - What an awesome and hilarious movie.
  14. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) - Like the first film, I found my self both loving and...not hating, exactly. Perhaps not loving is a better term...this one. I like the cast (Save for Foxx, who is a really good actor, but just doesn't make for a convincing geek), it's beautifully shot, and there are some really powerful moments. But, they over-do-it with the stylized slow-mo, it's over-long and it just never quite gels. I thought the last ten minutes or so salvaged it a bit, but it's still a rather mediocre film IMO. - 6/10
  15. burrisjedimaster1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just watched CBGB ....thumbs up on punk history and the bands that played their!
  16. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Blazing Saddles, on the big screen. It's one I've seen so many times and it probably is my all time favorite comedy. What is there to say about it really?

Shivers. Cronenberg's first horror film and dare I say one of his best? The build up of claustrophobic madness is truly frightening. It also has one of the most bizarre and freshest takes on the whole zombie/infection scenario.
    Sarge likes this.
  17. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - A big improvement over the first film but still not great, loved the action in it though

Predators - A true sequel to Predator and it was not bad
  18. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    sorcerer

it was okay. premise was kind of weak/odd, but there was some damned fine editing and tangerine dream music going on.
    CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  19. JangoMike Force Ghost

star 4
    12 Years a Slave
    Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  20. CloneUncleOwen Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]

"Where am I going?"

Roy Scheider stumbling out of the darkness carrying a rotting wooden box filled with nitroglycerin-weeping
    dynamite towards a raging, out-of-control oil rig fire in the jungles of Nicaragua, while a crescendo of electronic
    drone scores in the background -- this is good stuff.
    Last edited by CloneUncleOwen, May 3, 2014
  21. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    guitars?
  22. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Bangkok Knockout. Pure art house, award-bait movie.
  23. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut): The definitive version of this vastly underrated movie.
  24. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    The Benchwarmers (2006)

Incredibly stupid but, dare I say, very funny in the "oh god why am I laughing at this crap" sort of way.
  25. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    More Liam Neeson = WIN
    Darth_Invidious likes this.