main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That sucks.

2. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I don't pretend to know all the DVD release versions, but did you check to make sure that there isn't an option for "original Australian theatrical audio?" I seem to recall that my DVD was set to US dub by default, but there was a bonus/ additional choice that activated the Aussie version.

3. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Got back a bit ago from seeing Fury at the local theater.

It was pretty good. Could have been much better, though. It was one of those things where it tried to not be Hollywood but... ended up being Hollywood. That said, the attention to detail was very good and the acting was believable.

4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    FURY: To put it simply, Fury was a well acted, very good, John Milius movie with a bad ending.

Not the battle. I would have been disappointed if that battle didn't happen. The plot demanded it. Still, you can't have the miracle survivor. They all should have died.

Been a good John Wayne movie way back when too.

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Penguinator likes this.
  6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    How to train your dragon 2 - Saw this at the dollar theater. Great sequel (I personally think on Empire Strikes Back levels) and just a great movie in general. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

The Shawshank Redemption - Rewatched yet again (it came on TV) and its still amazing.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Good call. It was definitely in the Milius vein.

Not the battle. I would have been disappointed if that battle didn't happen. The plot demanded it. Still, you can't have the miracle survivor. They all should have died.

Exactly, though I had a strong feeling it was coming almost from the beginning, and that inevitability helped to blunt my disappointment somewhat.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Punisher: War Zone: HHAHAHAH terrible movie, Thomas Jane was a better Frank Castle/Punisher

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Fury. Typical war-is-hell story with all the expected tropes and clichés. Still, the story was told well. I really got into the battle with the Tiger tank.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  10. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Last night was Stargate. Tonight was the SG-1 pilot, Children of the Gods. A 17 year cult classic adventure begins.

11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Good Morning Vietnam: AKA...Robin Williams in Vietnam. Movie has no real plot. Just a bunch of scenes strung together to show how good a dramatic actor Williams could be, set in Vietnam.

Didn't really like it. Didn't hate it.

Next Up: Eraserhead

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

this movie, Guardians Of The Galaxy, saw it at my local Discount Theater for $3.00 and I loved it!!!

Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Sam Raimi's 'Spider-Man 2' and it above any other comic book film suffers from 'Your Princess is Another Castle' phenomenon. Peter Parker cannot spend a minute on screen with Mary Jane without the dialogue going into incoherent creepy babble. Tobey Maguire plays it as if his Peter Parker is fighting every urge to drop his pants. Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates is more subtle and charming than this character is.

Darth_Invidious and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Punisher: War Zone is schlock cinema at its absolute best. It's trash art. A cinematic Mötley Crüe. The movie equivalent of Taco Bell. There's zero pretense to it. I love it.

Thomas Jane's Punisher was a gritty, 70s style throwback, but for sheer entertainment it can't touch War Zone IMO.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

If you have not watched it, I say that you listen to Jack Burton and do it.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Eraserhead: Whoa. I really don't have any real thought on it. I watched it. I was perplexed.

The End

What could ROTJ have been like....

Bacon164 likes this.
  18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    "Come on. I wancha' to meet a Mastera' mine. Piett, get enough Force for Luke, too."
    "Okay, Vader."
    "What kind of Force do ya like?"
    "Light side."
    "LIGHT SIDE? **** that ****! DARK! SIDE! OF THE FORCE!"

19. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014

so much fun to watch.

i have to wonder what his daughter must have thought after first seeing it.

Bacon164 likes this.
  20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Dragonslayer (1981) - Some pretty remarkable special f/x work is wasted thanks to flat, listless storytelling. - 5/10

Sarge likes this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Yeah, the dragon was the best actor in the movie. IMO, the best dragon on film until Smaug.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Quoted for truth. Dragonslayer needed more Vermithrax and less Peter MacNicol.

Darth_Invidious and Sarge like this.
  23. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    My wife finally found a romantic comedy so awful that not even she could watch more than 15 minutes of it: "They Came Together" starring Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler. I can't be sure, but I don't remember ever watching another comedy that made me as unhappy, but we did not get very far with it.

Instead we watched "Thanks for Sharing," which was actually not all that bad. The presentation of 12 step programs and what committed sponsors are like rings pretty true for me knowing the number of addicts that I know. Getting stuck on steps. Getting fired by a sponsor. I've seen all this stuff happen. Not that there's anything particularly spectacular about a screenwriter who really truly knows AA.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Troy: Director's Cut - A much much better film than Alexander the Boring. Plus Sean Bean's character LIVES!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.