main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    "Sky Captain" is one that i will own on DVD when it comes out.. It's just a tremendously fun movie to watch (it was much more entertaining the second time around)

I saw Sky Captain tonight (or last nite, technically, going by my time zone), and I liked it...just not as much as I was hoping. Perhaps it will take a few viewings to really come through.

2. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...saw "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" today...

Entertaining enough zombie movie, despite it's inane stupidity and the general lack of zombies...

Stupid popcorn film that serves it's purpose, which is keeping you somewhat entertained for 90 minutes..

3. Randomnimity

Randomnimity Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2003
    Last movie I saw: Star Trek Nemesis

4. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Sky Captain. Read my post in the SC thread.

I am now watching .....Titanic (NBC).

5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Eurotrip, a rather unfunny comedy with a couple funny moments, and one of the worst endings I've ever seen. Michelle Trachtenberg was in it; I'm one of the few people in the world who liked her character Dawn in Buffy, and she's got a pretty face, but for goodness sake, somebody feed her! In one scene she strips off her shirt and ends up in a tiny bikini, and her ribs -- ugh -- I'd be afraid to touch her for fear of (1) breaking her or (2) my fingers getting stuck in between those ribs. Yet another young woman who might be really attractive if she'd put on twenty pounds or so.

6. Eagle888

Eagle888 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Paparazzi. It was pretty good; my favorite parts were the Mel Gibson and Chris Rock cameos.

7. Darth-Bradius

Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2004
    collateral ( see post in JCC thread) was ok but ending was poor in my opinion

8. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom They are showing the whole Indy trilogy on SciFi for the last few days. I haven't watched the whole movie through in years. I sat down with a few beers and watched the whole thing. Movie is so cool, I remember why I watched it so many times so long ago. I still want to be Indy!

Titanic They showed today (9/20) on NBC. It's a good movie overall, just not my style. I found myself flipping around channels until I got to the good part...when the ship sank.

9. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Lola Rennt: I don't know why I didn't watch it before, it was great. Besides the fact that I love the language, the story was interesting and I think The Butterfly Effect was some cheap imitation. And I'm starting to like Moritz Bleibtreu (Lola's boyfriend), the guy who also appeared in Das Experiment.

10. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Stargate SG-1 Season 5.

11. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    Lola Rennt:the story was interesting and I think The Butterfly Effect was some cheap imitation.

Well, i can see where you're coming from with that statement, but i definitely don't agree..Both movies re-examine the same basic event over and over again, true, but if you're going to call "Butterfly" a rip-off of Lola,then you have to call Lola a rip-off of "Groundhog Day"...

I think "Lola" has more in common with the Bill Murray epic then it does with "Butterfly Effect", ya know?

However, i figure NONE of the above films are rip-offs, as they all have their unique message, vision and style...

12. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    What FlareStorm said about Titanic.

13. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Drew_Atreides: Well I didn't mean to call the Butterfly.. a ripoff, and I haven't watched Groundhog Day either. It's just, I watched Butterfly.. last week and Lola Rennt yesterday so I found similarities. No need to get upset there.

14. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...i'm not upset..

You made a statement.. I thought i'd give my input....

15. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    In the country where nothing happens (En el Pais de no pasa nada): A Mexican movie, I was looking forward to see it but found out it wasn't so good. It has its funny moments but that's it. More info on this movie: http://www.netflix.com

16. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    The Notebook

Posted a review here!

-Mel

17. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    seen a surprisingly great movie called Wicker Park.
    check out my review here!

-Mel

18. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Space Balls on DVD

19. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    More SG-1 Season 5.

20. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Return of the Jedi :)

21. SweetCuppinCakes

SweetCuppinCakes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2004
    Man on Fire

This movie wasn't very good. Despite the quick cuts and the extreme filtering, the movie moved at a very slow pace. The only cool scene was the part where Denzel sticks C4 up a guy's rear and blows him up. Denzel is great as always, and Dakota Fanning looks poised to become the next child acting prodigy.

22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The ESB DVD. I've come to the conclusion that I don't mind the new cuts at all, with the exception of one line. Vader's "alert my start destroyer of my return" line is simply awful.

23. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence. tight.

before that was The Brown Bunny, which was also very good.

24. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ..man, it sounds like the edits that Vincent Gallo did on "The Brown Bunny" were all for the best..

When it aired at Cannes, it was called "The worst film to ever screen there"!

25. JediMasterLuminara

JediMasterLuminara Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    hmm.. the last movie I watched was X2, it was on showtime or whatever station it plays on, and I can never pass up a showing of Hugh Jackman ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.