main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    24 Hours In Emergency

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Home Improvement episode where Tim is afraid of snakes.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I have been watching Cinemax's Quarry. It's about a Vietnam vet in 1972 who comes back home to Memphis and is offered a job as a hitman for some organized crime boss. I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Seems like a lot of care was put into making it period authentic (though that may just be the source material).

KissMeImARebel likes this.
  4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 4 Data's Day and The Wounded

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The newest episode of Timeless. I'm really enjoying that show so far, and I hope it sticks around.

6. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Jessica Jones Season 1 Episode 6

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Seven Minutes in Heaven - Daredevil - Season 2

8. Asplundhe

Asplundhe Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2016
    top gear, season 22, part one of the patagonia special.

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 4 Devil's Due

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Jessica Jones Season 1 Episodes 7 and 8

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 4 Clues and First Contact

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I will tell you that the stuff with Jack's daughter Kim does not get any better through the season. She remains incredibly annoying. But I really liked the show as a whole. It strains credulity for sure and there are moments when you really want Tony, Nina & Jack to just sit down and talk instead of just casting incredibly loaded glances at each other. But it has some intense stuff and some really good performances. Xander Berkeley is fantastic in it. And I'm not sure if you're spoiled on the actor that plays the ultimate big bad guy in the season, but he's an actor known for really over the top performances and I think this is actually one of his best. I think it's a super-entertaining season; missteps of course, but loads of fun. Never watched any of the others.

13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Rogue1-and-a-half Unfortunately Elisha Cuthbert's Kim Bauer is a mistake the series makes again in seasons 2 & 3. The way they keep forcing her into the story stretches credibility further than anything re: the terrorist plots. It doesn't help that Cuthbert is to acting what Wilford Brimley is to yoga pants.

Battlestar Galactica : S1, Ep.13/14 "War of the Gods: Part 1 & 2" (1979) ; Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba encounter a mysterious man on a desolate planet. Brought back with them to the Galactica, he slowly begins to reveal both his powers and less than noble intentions.

Now more than half way through the first and only season of the original Battlestar Galactica, I can say with some confidence that it is much better than its reputation. Sure there's a certain nostalgia factor for me, as I grew up with it (mostly in re-runs and Saturday marathons in the 80s), but not enough to color my opinion. There's a reasonably well thought out mythology here that I had no memory of, and it's fleshed out even more in this rock solid two-parter. Featuring guest star Patrick Macnee as the mysterious Count Iblis, it maintains an atmosphere of mystery and quiet dread while also taking the drama off the Galactica and letting us see life amongst the rest of the "rag tag" fleet. Not since the pilot movie had they shown this much of the Galactica beyond its bridge or the rest of the fleet in its charge.

Mcnee is wonderful here, playing Iblis with a mixture of charm and subdued menace. Every bit his equal is Lorne Greene, who brings gravitas and veritas to dialog and situations that would be or sound silly in lesser hands. The rest of the cast also raise their game, feeding off the quality of the material and the veteran actors leading the charge.

Things get as little New Agey in the climax, but then was the 70s. At least they didn't disco dance. - 8/10

Jedi Daniel and soitscometothis like this.
  14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Star Wars : Rebels S2, Ep.16 "The Honorable Ones" (2016) Plot; Zeb and Agent Kallus find themselves stranded on an icy moon and must work together to survive.

Thus far S2 has been a bit up and down--and more down than up IMO--but I'm pleased to say "The Honorable Ones" is an up. A big up. Timeworn premise where enemies must work together to survive is still effectively executed thanks to the inspired pairing of the irascible Zeb and the cool and cunning Agent Kallus. The later has heretofore been your standard one note Imperial baddie, but the layers are very effectively peeled back here and his humanity peeks through. By the end I had gained a new understanding--and a new respect--for Kallus and I was left wondering if a seed of doubt had been planted in the Imperial soil of his soul. - 8/10

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 4 Galaxy's Child

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Todd Sampson's Body Hack - Episode 3

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Star Wars : Rebels S2, Ep.17 "Shroud of Darkness" (2016) - Plot; Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka go to the Jedi temple on Lothal to seek answers.

Strong episode sees a number of important and intriguing pieces put into motion; most of which likely won't pay off until much later. Helping give extra gravitas to the story are appearances by Frank Oz as Yoda and James Earl Jones as Vader, and I can't emphasize enough how much stronger the material works thanks to that connective thread to the live action films. After a few wobbly and unimaginative episodes during the middle stretch, S2 is back on solid ground and hopefully peaking as it nears the finish line. - 8/10

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 4 Night Terrors

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 4 Identity Crisis and The Nth Degree.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Star Wars : Rebels S2, Ep.18 "The Forgotten Droid" (2016) - Plot; Chopper gets separated from the crew of the Ghost and has to stowaway aboard an Imperial ship.

Coming on the heels of an episode with major story implications, this Chopper-centric story feels like exactly what it is. Filler. On its own it's a passable enough bit of fluff. Chopper is front and center in a story that sees him befriend an Imperial protocol droid. Cutesy action ensues. But in the context of the larger story, where big things have been set up in preparation for the finale to come, this feels like a lazy, hackneyed effort. - 5.5/10

21. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Currently binge-watching Project Runway. Just made it through season 11 (which was boring because it was all group challenges). First episode of 12 and I see hope of redemption because I see lots of big egos.

22. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i just hate how like one bad guy is dispatched and then the new bad guy shows up dun dun DUNNN IT'S NOT OVER YET and then he is dispatched through a SURPRIIIIISE!!! and mom loses her MEMORY oh noooooo. it's just so lame. i guess i'm just going to have to watch the other seasons and judge for myself.

this show is soooo post-9/11 hot with all the "janine i need this garage door unlocked immediately." "sure, no problem" *type type* *CLINK* "thanks" *trespasses*

23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The amnesia thing was dreadful. I liked Michael Massee as the big baddie of the first half of the season. He seemed to know what he was in and he really played up the cheesiness, I thought. There's varying degrees of that. Sutherland plays it absolutely straight, but both Massee and Ivanek are a bit tongue in cheek, I think.

24. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Black Mirror s3e2 Playtest

I enjoyed it.

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 4 Qpid

Juliet316 likes this.