main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The One with Russ - Friends - Season 2

The One with the Lesbian Wedding - Friends - Season 2

The One After the Super Bowl: Part 1 - Friends - Season 2

The One After the Super Bowl: Part 2 - Friends - Season 2

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 6 Chain of Command Part I.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    The Strain Season 3 Episodes 9 and 10. What a finale!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Westworld season 1 episode 6: really enjoying this show so far. They finally find out that someone has been adding extra programming in to the hosts.

It's been a long time since I've seen the original film but are the basement levels of the control centre supposed to represent those from the 70s?

5. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    arrow season 5 episode 7

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Ash vs. The Evil Dead: S1, Ep. 4 "Brujo" (2015) - Plot; Pablo takes Ash to meet his Uncle, a mystic who may have some answers for them. Meanwhile, a mysterious woman is hot on their trail.

Another solid, well-paced episode that keeps moving the ball forward, inch by inch, while also introducing new mysteries and new problems. Lucy Lawless comes to the fore here, and I don't think she's at all what she claims to be. Either way, she adds some mystery and menace to the chaos stew that is this show, as does Kelly's "problem". - 7/10

Drac39 likes this.
  7. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 6 Chain of Command Part II.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Shooter - Episode 2. I didn't much like the first episode of this new series, it followed too closely to the movie and I've seen that already (several times, great movie IMO). But this follow-up dramatically alters course and makes the story much more interesting.

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Ash vs. The Evil Dead: S1, Ep. 5 "The Host" (2015) - Plot; Ash, Pablo and Brujo attempt to free Kelly, who has been possessed by the wicked Eligos.

One of the things I like about the shorter, non traditional season schedules used by pay cable and net based networks is that there tends to be less filler. 10 episode runs are typically leaner and more focused without the treading of narrative water endemic to a 20 plus episode run. That said, "The Host" does feel a bit like filler in the larger sense of things, but it is very effective in fleshing out our characters. Pablo in particular gets to stand front and center and we see a side of him that shows the first stumbling steps of a hero's journey. And speaking of, Ash--heretofore full of snark and attitude, whatever the situation--gets to show his humanity here in a genuine moment of sympathy for the suffering Kelly. If this bit of character focus comes at the expense of the story at large, so be it. - 7/10

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Star Wars: Rebels: S3, Ep. 8 "The Wynkahthu Job" (2016) - Plot; The crew of The Ghost team up with scoundrels Hondo and Azmorigan to raid an abandoned and doomed Imperial cargo ship.

*sigh* S3 of Rebels has officially slid headfirst into a giant puddle of brackish, unfocused mediocrity, going off on increasingly dull tangents instead of moving the larger narrative ball down the field. Going back to the Hondo well seems desperate and the bloom is most definitely off the rose for this less is more character. Where's the bigger story? The character arcs? This is suitable filler, but the problem is that you could say the same thing about the entire season thus far. - 6/10

Lord Vivec likes this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Night Court - a later episode in which Roz the court bailiff somehow impresses upper crusts that Dan Fielding wants so hard to notice him. I'd forgotten the show was for more than five seasons but Roz was one of my favorite characters. I do wish this channel would show the episodes sequentially.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Finally finished the second season of Narcos. The show is going to have a difficult time without Wagner Moura as Pablo Escobar. None of the other drug lords or militias are as compelling. I think it was a mistake to rush through his story in only two seasons, but we'll see when the third season comes along.

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    It sure was and Yul Brynner's character guest starred

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Justice League Season 1 Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. This is a time when DC knew their characters and what they were doing. I loved Batman: The Animated Series and it's good to see the continuity being stuck to.
    The Grand Tour Season 1 Episode 2

Jedi Knight Fett and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 6 Ship in a Bottle and Acquiel

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I Netflix-binge-watched the new Gilmore Girls

I never obsessively watched that show like my sister, but I followed it, and I really liked this return to Stars Hollow and that family... but Rory, why did they do that Logan affair to her? Really? Really? Ugh. That made her so unlikeable, like she was in the last seasons, also with Logan. Jess wasn't in it much, but he just gets her and brings out her best. Logan is such a privileged snob and brings out her worst. And these episodes also kind of underlined how privileged they are with money without ever really commenting on it that felt a little tone-deaf, but the original series had plenty of that too. But Logan? Why?! I hope she's pregnant with the Wookiee's baby, or actually did have some action with Paul, or became a surrogate for Paris, anything but Logan's kid. Well, now they have me hooked for the sequel, even if it is in another 10 years. The rest of it was really well-done and charming and I could immerse in that wacky small-town world again. Logan just had to ruin it all, yet again. And the thing is, I blame Rory more than Logan. He's from that world. She chose to go into it, knowing the bad side, and she's a smart caring girl. What a waste.

17. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Black Mirror s3 ep4 San Junipero

18. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    [​IMG]

'Foyle's War; War Games'

I've recently discovered this detective show. I've been watching a lot of British television recently. I like the model of the shorter seasons of movie length episodes and 'Foyle's War' can be very good at using this medium. The show really greatly benefits from the presence of Michael Kitchen in the title role. He is instantly charming and likable with a very intelligent bearing. I think had a lesser actor been cast in the part the show might not have an edge because Foyle is a detective who is almost too clever with an eye for clues that are dangerously close to being convoluted. 'War Games' is a strong episode of the show because it gives Foyle some of his strongest character development. The suspects are linked to war profiteering. And Foyle has to work with a German emigre friend to uncover nasty secrets about a trade deal that people are being murdered to keep from finding out the truth about it. Foyle's War is most definitely a show designed to play with audiences nostalgic for a nationalistic hero in the midsts of World War II. The best episodes of this show though play with Foyle's strict sense of right and wrong.

19. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I spotted Yul up the corner out of focus.

So far Westworld is achieving something I didn't think it would do and thats build layers or mystery and intrigue. Not only in whats in the resort and the hosts and humans in there, but also whats going on behind the scenes. (I'm only 5 episodes in), but whos adding extra programming to the hosts, what happened to Arnold, why are the lower levels abandoned. Excellent so far.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  20. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 6 Face of the Enemy. Counselor Troi makes one scary-ass Romulan.

PCCViking and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Justice League Season 1 Episodes 6 and 7

Jedi Knight Fett and Juliet316 like this.
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

But not as cold as the Romulan commander she sparred with.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Swear - The Walking Dead - Season 7

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    TNG Season 6 Tapestry

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Chancellor_Ewok