main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Blindspot Season 1 Episodes 1-5 As usual I sit there scouring the catch up TV looking for series that catch the eye, I'd never heard of this one before so decided to give it a go. A woman is found in Times Square, stuffed into a holdall, covered in tattoos with no memory of who she is. The FBI have to decipher the meaning of the tattoos and find out who she is. The tattoos all link to crimes and ongoing shady activities and each one forms the basis of each episode as they investiagte them. So far its ok, if a little cheesy and predictable. The tattooed woman has some links to special forces and (a little unbelievably) is taken on each investigation and is allowed to be in the thick of the action as he kicks ass (arse) in their efforts to thwart the crimes, find out who she is, who tattooed her and why she was left for a certain agent to find. Theres an undercurrent of some kind of government involvement in who she was and what her mission is which will no doubt bubble away as the show progresses. Its an inoffensive way to spend 40 minutes.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    The last released episode of Rebels. Haven't been watching any shows lately.

3. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Game of Thrones, Season 2 Episode 5.

This is my second time through the series, this time watching with my girlfriend. I've been acting acting as a "lifeguard" of sorts in that I warn her when something horribly brutal is about to happen. I have to admit I've been enjoying it way too much to remember my duty and she's been exposed to violent acts she would never have willingly watched. I can hardly wait for her to be introduced to Ramsay Bolton.

Drac39 likes this.
  4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Gilmore Girls: Season 4.

5. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    That was fun for me when I introduced it to my girlfriend who went in completely with a blank slate. It kind of stunk though because she was clever. She knew Ned was going to go as soon as he was introduced to the Lannisters at Winterfell

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Double

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  8. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Star Trek: The Next Generation "Relics" (Season 6, Episode 4)

I'm a sucker for the crossovers. In this case, a certain Chief Engineer is "transported" 75 years from the past to the present, where he encounters a new Enterprise.

9. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Troy .

new mini series on BBC . Wasn't bad , its obviously going into more of the story than a movie would , some good saucy bits too .

10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    "USS Enterprise NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C, or D." :D

Mr. Forest and Juliet316 like this.
  11. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I watched a couple of ST Discovery , it's not very good , very po-faced .

12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Teen Titans Season 5 Episode 13 - Things Change

This episode was honestly amazing, I think it might be the best episode of the entire show. It's a beautifully ambiguous ending for a tv show (the Trouble in Tokyo movie notwithstanding). The themes of the episode are all about change, and coping with the loss of the past. For a cancelled show, this lends an incredibly elegiac tone to the whole episode. The 'Terra' plot is paralleled well with the 'white monster' plot, which represents a creature of perpetual change and renewal, never sticking to one thing.

Slade's role in showing Beast Boy how harmful he's being to 'Terra' was such a perfect role for him, and was probably his best scene. The final scene leaves things so open ended, and that's part of it's brilliance. Some might be annoyed by it ending on a cliffhanger of sorts, but I think that just adds to thematic brilliance of the episode, saying goodbye to the show while moving forwards at the same time. I much prefer this kind of ending to the 'throw every single character and villain into a giant fight' of the previous two-parter wrapping up Season 5's arc. That kind thing is fine, and fun, but not especially deep.

Things Change is a perfect memorial to the show.

13. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I posted that on a YouTube video for the Discovery finale. Most people got it, but some thought I was dumb and didn't know my Enterprises.

Speaking of Scotty, I wonder where he ended up after the TNG episode. I'd like to think he was able to survive events of the Dominion War based on smooth talking and skills alone.

Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  14. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe Spock found out that he was alive and they met. Who knows? :)

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The Big Bang Theory. The one where everyone thought Penny and Raj got together.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  16. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    Season 1 Episode 3 of Altered Carbon.

It hasn't captured my attention enough to make me binge watch the entire season but I will probably watch it all eventually.

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Battlestar Galactica S1, Ep. 19 "Experiment in Terra" (1979) - Plot; Apollo is captured by mysterious beings who use him to help stop a war that will destroy an entire planet.

Fiction is quite often riddled with holes. In its plot, its logic and in the heads of its characters and their resultant actions. The skill with which it executes its drama often acts as a spackle for these holes and if it's good enough we politely pretend not to notice. In the case of "Experiment in Terra" it's kinda hard to ignore. The drama spackle is thin and in short supply, while the contradictions and holes in its logic appear w/an increasing rapidity.

Two things stand out about this otherwise dull and turgid episode. 1.) The basic premise (Hero seen by others as a different character tries to right a wrong/avert a disaster w/the help of a projection/hologram otherwise unseen/heard by anyone else) plays very much like Quantum Leap, which Galactica writer Donald Bellisario would go on to create a decade or so later. 2.) It puts the character of Apollo front and center. Initially the lead, or at least co-lead, Apollo quickly lost ground to the more popular Starbuck and was often pushed aside in favor of the roguish, Han Solo-like character. It didn't come as any surprise to learn that episode was initially written w/Starbuck as the lead, but was changed when Apollo actor Richard Hatch voiced his concerns about being marginalized to series creator Glen Larson. Larson simply switched the roles of Apollo and Starbuck in the story, but otherwise left the script unchanged. Hatch plays it w/his typical sincerity (and Dirk Benedict w/Starbuck's sly charm), but at times each character is saying dialog that clearly sounds written for the other. - 5.5/10

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Juliet316 and AndyLGR like this.
  18. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Rewatched Stranger Things pilot.

19. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Battlestar Galactica S1, Ep. 20 "Take the Celestra" (1979) - Plot; Starbuck and Apollo thwart an attempted mutiny aboard a fleet ship only to reveal a deeper and more sinister plot.

The penultimate episode of the original BSG, "Take the Celestra" (Which surprisingly is not about the ship's doctor treating Adama for fecal incontinence) has a stripped down feel that reflects the famously expensive series' attempts to scale back costs as ratings tumbled. The result is an episode with less action than an 80 year old couple's bedroom. After a brief moment center stage in the previous episode, Apollo is once again forced to play Robin to Starbuck's Batman, but even that isn't enough to squeeze any life out of this story. - 5/10

AndyLGR and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Strike Career of Evil episode 1
    Tom Burke and Holiday Granger are great together.

22. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I watched Young Sheldon . I actually enjoyed it , (and much more than TBBT which I'm really sick of now ) the woman playing his mom looks remarkably like her older version , and his little sister is very funny .

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Game of Thrones Season 1 episode 1 and This Is Us.

24. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Blindspot I’m a couple of episodes past the mid season break now, why do they have mid season breaks btw? Anyway it looks like they went for broke in the episodes spanning that break by having potential continuing story elements come to a head, including bumping off the CIA agent, the Russian mole and Jane finding out more about who she really is too. Incidentally the mid season reveal of the tattoos and amnesia being her plan all along was very reminiscent of the Total Recall Hauser / Quaid video message. Overall it’s engaging enough, if a little light and low budget in places. I’ll stick with it though.

25. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Walker, Texas Ranger: Season 6 episode "Soul of Winter": A white supremacist group, whose leader has a personal grudge against an African-American pastor, targets a church, and Walker and the other rangers must stop him. Guest starring: Paul Winfield (Captain Terrell from Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan) as the pastor.