main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Then on to Atlantis and SGU.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Episode 7 of Season 6 of Archer

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

I will watch all of Stargate in order eventually, but GOT season 3 and AOS season 1 have been sitting on my DVD rack since Christmas, and I am going to Florida for a couple of weeks in March, so I am trying to finish SG-1 before I leave. When I get back I'll be watching something else for a while. I also need to get Ark of Truth and Continuum.

4. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Continuum isn't really necessary. Its more of fun what if movie about Earth never having a Gate. But Ark of Truth is absolutely necessary. Its a bit Dues Ex Machinima like how the Replicators were defeated, but without the several episode build-up. But for a short movie it wrapped up most everything fairly well. And then

Sam moved on to Atlantis for a season

So all in all a good ending.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah, I've seen both AOT and SG:C on TV several times. I just don't have the DVDs. And I am aware that Carter spent a season in the Pegasus galaxy. She was recalled to Earth and replaced by Woolsey. I have the SG:A collector's boxed set as well as both seasons of SGU.

Thuro likes this.
  6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Scandal: Grant: For the People (2012)

[​IMG]

Final episode of Season One and it’s a really, really good one. There’s some real great plot twists in this episode and things spiral out of control in really interesting and surprising ways. Bellamy Young once again comes close to stealing the show as the conniving First Lady, but Tony Goldwyn’s performance as the conflicted President is better here than it’s been since the pilot. And the episode ends with some wonderful moments; a brief scene on an elevator is a real “oh, yeah!” moment, while the final scene threatens to reveal something very significant from the past of one of Olivia’s gladiators: “Do you want to tell them who you are or shall I?” is the last line of the season and it’s a great cliffhanger. Can’t wait for season two! 4 stars.

tl;dr – season one finale ties things up beautifully while simultaneously opening up some fascinating new ground for season two. Great season of television. 4 stars.

More Scandal Reviews!

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Scandal: White Hat’s Off (2012)

[​IMG]

So, second season premiere is really good. As I get farther and farther into the series I feel like I can talk less and less about the show, since it’s a series I actually recommend and I don’t want to spoil it. The case of the week format is back and it’s a pretty witty one this time around. But the whole thing with the secret past of one of Olivia’s gladiators is apparently going to be part of this season; we find out a lot about this character and most of what we find out just deepens the mysteries surrounding her instead of clearing anything up. Special praise to Josh Malina as US Attorney David Rosen; he’s been a supporting player in season one, but I liked the change in his character that this episode gave us. Anyway, the season is off to a rollicking start. Very good. Recommended. 3 ½ stars.

tl;dr – second season premiere sets the ball rolling for a fantastic mystery in the upcoming episodes. The less said the better. 3 ½ stars.

More Scandal Reviews!

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The 87th Academy Awards... aside from a stale bit with a predictions briefcase, host Neil Patrick Harris did a fine job as host; too many songs, though... the opening number is okay, but we really don't need to hear a multitude of other songs. :p

9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    vikings season three has started - papow

lagertha
    [​IMG]

10. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    beh cuh suh, episode 1.3

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Star Wars Rebels
    Agent Carter
    The Big Bang Theory

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    SG-1 Season 9 Camelot
    SG-1 Season 10 Flesh and Blood

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    SG-1 Season 10 Morpheus and The Pegasus Project

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Started off watching the new season of Survivor, but then switched over to Arrow. After that, watched the latest episode of Modern Family which was very innovative and also well devise medley of product placement. Finished off the night with the season premiere of The Amazing Race and TMZ.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Farscape E1 S5: PK Tech Girl

In which Aeryn blows **** up and says "Sorry about the mess." [face_love]

jahyeshua likes this.
  16. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Arrow: "Nanda Parbat"

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    SG-1 Season 10 Insiders and Uninvited

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Scandal: The Other Woman (2012) – Tom Verica

[​IMG]

This episode’s case of the week revolves around a prominent Washington pastor; when he’s found dead, details about an extra-marital affair are revealed. For once, it’s the story of the week where the real emotion lies. The season long arc kind of takes a back seat so that the story of the pastor’s affair can be used to shed some emotional light on Olivia’s affair with Fitz. There’s a wonderful scene with Bellamy Young, as the First Lady, and Lorraine Toussaint, who is excellent as the pastor’s widow and a great final scene to this plot featuring Toussaint and Elise Neal, who is equally wonderful as the pastor’s mistress. It’s a very emotional plotline and it has some obvious emotional resonances with Olivia, Fitz and Mellie. Josh Malina’s plotline continues to take some surprising turns. I like that the show has turned him into a kind of antagonist this season; he was a kind of friendly antagonist last season, but the days of he and Olivia sparring during the day and then going out for drinks at night are over, as he says, and the show is better for it. This is a show where the characters don’t hit a reset button at the end of each episode; the emotional damage done to relationships on this show stick around for a long time. Highly recommended. 4 stars.

tl;dr – the show continues to impress with real character development and a genuinely moving storyline. 4 stars.

More Scandal Reviews!

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ultimate Spider-Man, season 1 - episode 2.

20. JediJen-aaha

JediJen-aaha Jedi Master star 2

Nov 4, 2002

Same.

...Oliver's face in that last scene...

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Convention Conundrum - The Big Bang Theory - Season 7

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    this week's The Americans (great) and Vikings (meh. What is with sidelining Rollo... I think I'm going to play catch up with this as Athelstan's storyline is not enough to keep me watching weekly.)

23. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    SG-1 Season 10 200 and Counterstrike

24. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Farscape S1 E7, "I, E.T.".

Great commentary on xenophobia, Zhaan's best/most difficult display as an empathy so far.

And a nice random Star Wars reference thrown in.