main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Be a Clown - Batman: The Animated Series - Season 1

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Wasted Talent - Family Guy - Season 2

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The Flash - S02E05: I like this Earth 2 Harry guy.

Agents of SHIELD - S03E06: The identity of a monster is revealed and Bobbi goes into action.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    The Night of the Comet - The Vampire Diaries - Season 1

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

I see he has you on ignore Ender.

6. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    X-Files Season 2 Ep 1 and Ep 2. Loved Ep 2, remember it as a kid. Use to scare the hell out of me.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Let it Bleed - Supernatural - Season 6

The Man Who Knew Too Much - Supernatural - Season 6

8. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Daredevil: Nelson vs. Murdock

Best episode of the series so far.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Fore Father - Family Guy - Season 2

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Brothers of the Broken Horn - Star Wars: Rebels - Season 2

Friday Night Bites - The Vampire Diaries - Season 1

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Arrow S04E05 - A British guys shows up to pull Sara out of another hot tub.

Survivor S31E07 - Tribal lines disappear but personal histories remains.

12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Star Wars Rebels

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Scandal: No Sun on the Horizon (2014) – Randy Zisk

[​IMG]

No light at the end of the tunnel. No sun on the horizon.

This is a really, really amazing episode, easily the best since very early in the season, maybe the very best in the season. It really does just advance the plot in some big, big ways and gives everyone a chance to show off. The Presidential Debate is a great premise for an episode and that scene is incredibly suspenseful with some more really astoundingly great work from Kate Burton and some usage of a minor character in a really tense way. And the way it moves the murder plot forward is great. Kerry Washington, well into the third season, shows something I hadn’t seen from her before in a great scene with Jeff Perry where Olivia simply can’t stop laughing. It’s amazing that this far into the show, Washington still has new tricks. But the show certainly has a great theme to it; there was that great episode in season two very like this one. This episode puts a moral choice in front of just about everyone and just about everyone makes the wrong choice. In that previous episode, the metaphor was given to us by Harrison when he said he’d go over a cliff for Liv. And everyone does take a leap in that episode. In this episode, the metaphor is from Jake; a walk into the darkness and just about everyone turns from even the dim light they’ve been living in and flees head on into the dark. And it’s all for that astonishing ending, one of the best cliffhangers of the entire show. And kudos for finally using Scott Foley the way he needs to be used, as a dangerous, somewhat insane individual; his eyes are just too weird for him to play normal. But, yeah, what an episode. 4 stars.

tl;dr – show returns to form in a mostly perfect episode where every character makes the wrong choice; and, my God, that ending! 4 stars.

Scandal Reviews!

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Big Bang Theory - S09E07: Sheldon is interviewed for a documentary on Mr. Spock, which leads to some heavy emotional relationship issues, Bernadette wants to remodel the house which leads to some heavy emotional relationship issues.

Heroes Reborn - S01E08: Reveals what actually happen on June 13th and what set the characters on the path they are currently walking on.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Family Ties - The Vampire Diaries - Season 1

16. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    The Clone Wars, Lair of Grievous. I forgot how much I loved Grievous' snarky doctor droid.

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The Flash - The Darkness and the Light

18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    X-Files Season 2 Ep 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8.

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Scandal: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2014) – Paul McCrane

[​IMG]

Instead of standing alone and turning this into a suicide mission, stand with me and turn this into a cause. Lose this battle to win the war.

Well, this episode is not a disappointment, even coming after the astoundingly great No Sun on the Horizon. This picks up right after that cliffhanger ending and it’s a stunner. The ripples of the events that happen in the first few seconds of this episode spread throughout the rest of the episode and, I think, will have to continue throughout the rest of the season. A lot of flashback material here and it’s all pretty heart-wrenching. Josh Malina does excellent work as a man once again facing a crisis of conscience; this episode is really about his journey as much as it is anything. Jeff Perry does maybe the finest acting he’s done in the series so far; yes, almost three full seasons in, he still has a deep well of emotion to draw on and the press conference scene near the end is gripping and heart-breaking. Anyway, this episode is phenomenal and the show has definitely amped itself up as it races to the season finale. And a word for Scott Foley; the show’s finally figured out how to use him and he’s figured out what makes his character tick. And what is it that does? Nothing good. Welcome to Scandal, Scott. And, again, just like last time . . . that ending left me breathless. 4 stars.

tl;dr – heart-wrenching episode features series-best performances from several cast members and amps up the series as it races toward the season finale.

Scandal Reviews!

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Now - The Walking Dead - Season 6

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    The Thin White Line - Family Guy - Season 3

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    NFL S95E09 Raiders vs. Steelers, Falcons vs. 49ers: Bad defeat and happy win

The Walking Dead S06E05: It's the end of the world the citizens of Alexandria know it. What a bunch of cry babies.

Quantico S01E07: I find this series a mashup of Grey's Anatomy & LOST, where pretty young people are put in dramatic situations, but yet find time to have sex in flashbacks that provide some enhancement and understanding to the current situation.

23. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I just finished up Aziz Ansari's Master of None earlier today. I really enjoyed it. Hope that there's a season two.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't think Netflix has had a one-season wonder yet, and the attention its getting seems to guarantee a renewal.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The Voice: The Live Playoffs Night 1.