main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    This. Game of the year so far for me.

2. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution, on PC, two weeks ago.

Those Level 5 hacks were a bitch.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It IS GOTY as far as I'm concerned; Skyrym, Skarem (or whatever the hell that game is called) be damned. :D

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm trying to think of what other contenders there have been so far this year...[face_thinking]

I wouldn't be surprised if Modern Warfare 3 gets it though just to piss everyone off.

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Nay, NAY, NAY. A thousand times I say thee nay! It's NOT going to happen! Only the most ardent COD-maniacs would dare put in that vote and they'll be hardpressed to do so with the contenders they have to deal with.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I think he was kidding.

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I sure hope he was.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I think it's better if you don't know.

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Off topic I know, but the Golden Joystick Awards results.

Black Ops took Best Shooter over Halo: Reach and Crysis 2, but was only third in the Ultimate Game of the Year category behind Portal 2 and Starcraft 2.

Could MW3 get GotY? Yes, I think it probably could. Should it? I don't know because I haven't played it yet. It certainly looks good.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm guessing that's going more off the campaign and Nazi Zombies than the trainwreck that is Black Ops' "Bushwookiee Famas Wars" multiplayer.

11. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Batman: Arkham City. Well, the story and most of the side quests, anyway.

12. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Just finished Jurassic Park: The Game. Loved it.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Saints Row: The Third. Probably the most fun I've had playing a game all year.

14. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Dark Void

It's pretty darn glitchy. As in 'I need to restart the level' glitchy. I didn't go into the game expecting too much so I didn't get super angry about them. There were also some very questionable level designs. The one that frustrated me the most was a part of a level where you have to destroy 3 powerful enemies before your ship is destroyed. That wouldn't normally be so bad except that they're pretty tough and there are a bunch of other enemies attacking you at the same time. I was only able to beat it after the level glitched out where the ship's health bar didn't display and the only enemies that appeared were the ones you have to destroy. So I could focus on what I needed to do.

Also at the end I was like 'That's really the end?' You fight a pretty sweet mech-dragon that's guarding the final area. I was thinking you need to fight that before the real last boss fight. But nope, that's the last boss. All in all, it was kinda fun but pretty forgettable.

One exception, however. The soundtrack is probably the best I've heard in years. On my iPod right now.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Halo: CEA...

...what? It's a "new" game. It should count. :p

16. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I just beat Jurassic Park the Game last night.

17. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Took a break from RDR & just beat MGS3 HD a few hours ago (I guess now it's time for Peace Walker or back to RDR).

18. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    Went back to RDR & finally beat it half an hour ago.

19. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    The last game I finished was Splinter Cell: Conviction on "Realistic" difficulty. The story mode, mind you. I've only done one of the "Deniable ops".

20. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    Just finished The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Uncharted 3.

22. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions on hard. I'm not quite sure why I chose to do that as I don't usually find playing on higher difficulties to be fun. It was pretty good for the most part but I've got a few complaints.

The whole webslinging thing is pretty touchy. I'd often get pretty frustrated when I was trying to sling into an enemy and would end up picking up some random piece of junk. Also, the final Sandman fight was pretty bad. There's just too much crap floating around in there. I also really didn't like the 2099 Mysterio fight. It was just SO BORING! All you're doing is flying through rings!

As for what was good...

Man! This game sure looks good. It's just really pretty. I like the Web of Destiny. It gives the game quite a bit of replay value. The combat is really satisfying. It really felt like the enemies were going down when I hit them. The ambient dialog is also pretty interesting and funny. It's a tad overused in some of the boss fights, but for the most part I liked hearing what the Spideys and enemies had to say.

Good game.

23. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Spider-Man: Edge of Time

This game seems to be a step backward from Shattered Dimensions. The plot is completely ridiculous (still sort of enjoyable though). It doesn't look as good as the previous game. All I seem to be doing is looking for keys. And I didn't really like the new speed mechanics.

The rest of the gameplay is pretty solid. I actually really liked the double boss fight at the very end. I've never really done that before.

All in all, it's a decent game but not as good as the first one. I am looking forward to Beenox's next Spider-Man game, however.

24. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    Mass Effect 2.

25. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Mass Effect

After starting it two times in the last year but not getting past the first hour I finally had the time and motivation to actually get invested and move on in it.

26 hours later and I'm ready to move on to Mass effect 2. The first one was a great game with way too much tedious and frustrating driving. Looking forward to see where the story goes from here.