main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Saints Row 3 (w/ Platinum Trophy).

2. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Well it will please you to know that in ME2 the driving is gone!

3. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Kotor 1

4. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    The Simpsons Arcade Game

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Super Mario 3D Land. Awesome game, loved it. On par with the Galaxies.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Rayman: Origins (360). When I finished, I didn't get a feeling of "Wow, that was fun." Instead it was more like "Thank God that's over." Obviously a gorgeous game that's fun to look at, but the overall gameplay and level design is only slightly above average and the later levels are chock full of stupid difficulty and monotonous trial-and-error failures. Wouldn't recommend purchasing this one. Maybe a rental.

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Last game I beat (not complete) was "Rhythm Heaven Fever". Some very fun levels, but also some very frustrating ones. I think RH for the DS had much better songs and the balance between fun and frustrating was better so I'd sooner recommend the DS version over the Wii version for those who like rhythm-based games.

Glad to hear. My brother also recommended it. I ordered it from Best Buy yesterday.

8. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    So, I have just got a 3 month rental period ahead of me. So expect me to post in here a fair few times.

Completed the main quest of Driver: San Francisco. A lot better than I was expecting. When I first heard about the shifting thing I thought that it was not very realistic. But how they have done it is well played. The story was pretty decent. And the handling of the cars was fantastic. This is definitely a possible future purchase when it is cheap.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Batman: Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition.

Very good game, highly entertaining for anyone fan or not.

10. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Mass Effect 3.

I found the endings (all of them) to be extremely unsatisfying. They range all the way from "Um...what?" to "Really? That's where you're going with this?" to "That's really it?" The rest of the game is very good, however.

11. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i just beat the punisher for ps2. i currently have 108 ps2 games. i have over 16 systems and 550+ games. i would say i've beaten maybe 20% of them if that.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Mass Effect, the first one.

I liked it, although the side missions were very repetitive and I ended up just doing the bunker parts and then going dstraight back to the Normandy instead of driving around looking for the other stuff. The game has many interesting characters and many possibilities.
    I went with being a Paragon and opted to not kill Wrex and sacrifice the Council so as to destroy Sovereign the Reaper. Saren was a good villain too, I kinda felt for him at the end since he was manipulated so much.

Garrus is a cool character, I think he has great potential to be one of the best sidekicks in gaming.

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Gears of War 2. I'll keep playing it a bit to pick up some of the easier achievements but mostly I've moved on to GoW3. I'm tempted to go back through them on Insane when I've finished some of my other games, but there are always more games that I want.

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Just wait until you play the sequels.

15. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Mass Effect 3

Excellent game. The ending was ok but not up to that standard of the rest of the series. I didn't go on a massive nerd rage about it like everyone else seems to be.

Next game to complete:

Gears of War 3. Which I hear has an even worse ending :p

16. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    Going old school these days, I beat Mario Kart 64. Then I thought I'd hit up youtube to see if there was anything interesting on it. The tricks and glitches in these mario games are INSANE. I don't know how TAS (Tool Assisted Speedrun) works, but these people must be talented anyway. What's crazy about it is some of the tricks they pull off are situational, they rely on the uncontrollable cpu drivers to achieve super jumps and what not. I'll provide a link or two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_iOegJJsJs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybA-qNouiRI

17. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I beat Assassin's Creed II a few weeks ago. I am over 85% synchronized with Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and should finish that either tonight or tomorrow.

18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Mass Effect 3. Easily the worst of the series (1 > 2 > 3, IMHO), but still a good enough time. Didn't mind the ending all that much. I'll lose respect for BioWare if they alter it.

19. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Skyrim
    Mass Effect 3

20. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Batman: Arkham Asylum on my Mac. Cracking game, really enjoyed it. Might look to see if I can get Arkham City on the cheap in preowned for the 360 or when I go and get a PS3.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Skyrim too...but it never ends does it?

And...Mass Effect 3 too...for whatever that's worth.

22. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I finished the main story and College of Winterhold... yeah, many more things to do yet. :p

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Oh yes. But as sidequests go the College's was rather meh. The Thieves Guild's and particularly the Dark Brotherhood's are much better.

24. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Mass Effect 3 on Insanity. [face_dancing]

Life likes this.
  25. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Lego Batman 2.
    Only had problems with one level--driving around with the Joker robot chasing you. The minikit locator was pointing at the top of a tree, but what I needed to shoot was a truck near the robot's feet. Go figure.
    Few lesser problems, but otherwise a good game.