main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i just beat fable anniversary and got all the achievements on it.
    i'm currently trying to beat Banjo Kazooie. Yeah i'm only 15 years too late :p

Odolwa and Life like this.
  2. TurboExtremist

TurboExtremist Jedi Master star 2

Sep 24, 2004
    Last five, in order:

Halo: Reach (Legendary)
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360 - Main Quest, College of Winterhold, 195 hours played)
    Cubivore (GameCube - Beat Main Quest)
    Pikmin 3 (100% Story Mode, ranked middle of the pack in speed)
    Wind Waker HD (95% on normal mode)

Currently going for 100% in Perfect Dark (N64). Doubt I'll manage Perfect: 1 in the Combat Simulator, though...

After that, it'll be either Okami (Wii), Metroid Prime 1 (Wii), or Mario Kart 8 (most likely the latter).

Odolwa likes this.
  3. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes

4. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Ahh, Nothing beat banjo back in the day.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Batman: Arkham Asylum, for the fourth or fifth time by my reckoning. That final boss fight still doesn't get any less stupider, though.

6. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

I don't think it is worth the price, but I really enjoyed it. If the full game can is on the same level as this, it will be one hell of a game. Played it on X1 and it looks incredible.

7. SarlacsDinerParty

SarlacsDinerParty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2014
    The killzone trilogy =D=

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Just finished the campaign in BF4. I was hoping it'd be longer but it's not that short so it's ok. I'll be going through to get the collectables at some point.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Knights of the Old Republic (again)!

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Bioshock Infinite. Nowhere near as fun as the original game, IMO, although the story was arguably the best part of it. TBH, I don't even want to know what 1999 mode is like. I was playing on hard and things could be ridiculously tough.

11. MiWa

MiWa Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2014
    GTA V I guess, I have played only sports games and Battlefield 4 multiplayer since that.

12. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Mirror's Edge

Pretty good game but had some very frustrating parts.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Lego The Hobbit

14. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Datura
    This is one of those shorter downloadable experiences that one should, in theory, be able to play through in an hour. In this game's case, it's so short you might even have been able to get through it in a half hour; even accounting for figuring out everything on your own. However, something gets in the way of that being the case, and that something is the controls. Developed exclusively for the PS3, it uses either the Sixaxis functionality of the standard controller, or the Move motion controller to input your interactions with the world. Both control methods have pros and cons, but the interactions are far easier to perform with the Move. They're clumsy and frustrating to perform regardless, though, and I had to split my play sessions into two separate hour-long sessions days apart to keep my patience from running out. It's not just the motion-controlled interactions that are frustrating either. Moving your character about feels like maneuvering a tank.

However, where the game succeeds brilliantly is in presentation. Graphics are pretty good, and art design and music is evocative. Sadly, the game's story is too much of a mystery, as in the end I couldn't really tell what the meaning of it all was. The game refuses to explain itself, and I was left unable to draw any conclusion to what I had seen. As such, I can't really recommend it, unless you don't mind not having a clear resolution to the story.

15. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Replayed and beat Ghostbusters (the 360 version not the awful NES version) and Arkham City (still not even close to getting through all the Riddler challenges because I have the Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing bundle packs and that's over 800 challenges!)

16. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Just finished Thomas Was Alone.
    It's a 2D platformer, simple in both design and gameplay, as well as aesthetics. That's not to say that you'll always know what to do to progress. Once the introductory levels are passed, it becomes a puzzle game more than anything. The challenge is not so much in the execution, but rather figuring out how to reach the end. You play as the AI called Thomas, represented by a little red rectangle, and you must jump your way through mazes of obstacles. The very simple art design and character models could have made this a rather bland and dreary game. But what keeps this from happening is a funny narrator who gives Thomas, and each of the other squares and recangles, character, as he tells of the inner life of these brightly coloured geometric figures. If you like 2D puzzle platformers, I highly recommend it.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - What a game, story was fantastic

18. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Wolf Among Us: Episode 3 - Best episode by far, but I regret getting it on consoles because it CHUGS.

inFAMOUS: Second Son - First Infamous game I have beaten, I really enjoyed it. The new photo mode is really cool and should be a requirement in all PS4 games.

19. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Last one I beat was a game I never managed to finish back when it came out: CyClones (a 1994 game). Looks like 20 years of gaming experience finally did the trick ;p.

20. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Metroid Prime 3

21. Admiral AckBBQ Chicken

Admiral AckBBQ Chicken Jedi Knight

Apr 10, 2014
    Lego harry potter years 1-4

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012