main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    That's a good one.

That's too obad. Its absolutely my favorite Tomb Raider. Now Anniversary. I could go on all day about the things I hated about that game (okay probably only for an hour, but it would be a packed hour).

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The Cod: Ghosts campaign. I quite liked it in places. It's different enough from Black Ops 2 while having a CoD-y feel to it. The multiplayer is average and on par for a CoD game. It has fewer weapons, which is a good thing. They still all seem too similar though, which is a bad thing.

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Crysis 2 and Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic.

Crysis 2 was mostly great though it did annoy me when sometimes the enemies see you when you are cloaked. Apart from that though the game was surprisingly long for an FPS and the story was interesting though I won't even pretend to have understood most of it.

Knights of the Old Republic was amazing. I'd been wanting to play it for years so I got it back in May on the steam may the fourth deal. Glad I did. It's kept me entertained for hours and the gameplay is just perfect. It's one of the few games that I just went round talking to everyone. So anyway I finished the game with the light side ending and beat Malak. He kept killing me by putting me in stasis then attacking me before I could heal but eventually I found I could beat him by just throwing my lightsaber at him and running until he was dead.

4. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Finished up Wolfenstein: The New Order. Pretty solid game for a FPS with only a campaign and no multiplayer. It still has some good replay value for a campaign-only game too.

5. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    That's how I beat him in my first playthrough. 2nd time around, however, I loaded up on stim packs like battle & adrenal stamina/strength ones prior to facing Malak while keeping health packs on hand and unloading on him with attacks like double lightsaber flurry & force drain.

Darth Darkstarr likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Last of Us

revan772 likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Just beat the Last of Us: Left Behind

Pretty good DLC

revan772 likes this.
  8. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Limbo
    A nice little short game, this is a 2D puzzle platformer that has you running through a monochrome environment with a little monochrome boy as your player character. Its aesthetic is very evocative and alive, even though it is all achieved in black. Puzzles are tricky enough, both in figuring out and pulling off. Although, close to the end, there are one or two instances of puzzles that are not intuitive enough to figure out on your own, IMO, and I consulted a walkthrough. The game has a narrative of sorts, but not much revelation or explanation.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I love Limbo, played the whole thing at least 2 or 3 times. As far as the narrative goes, there are some common theories as to what the ending is that you can search up.

10. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Jedi Knight 2

Before that KOTOR 1 and 2 Both Light Side

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Saints Row the Third.

I'm in the camp that liked it more than I liked 2, and I liked 2 quite a bit. Perhaps it helps that I waited and bought the version that had all of the DLC included. The Genki Bowl was ass, but the other two mission packs were pretty fun. My playtime ended up being about five hours shorter than with the second one, but I think literally all of that difference was caused by annoying mandatory activities, so the hell with them. I'm really not the sort of person who 100 percents these sort of open world titles, but this one at least tempts me to want to try. I'm clearly going to have to pick up IV eventually.

Life likes this.
  12. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

rumsmuggler likes this.
  13. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    Sniper Elite 3. I love killin' me some Nazi scum!

14. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line
    A game hasn't impressed me like this for a long time. It's simply a stroke of genius, and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys video games. Maybe especially those who like military shooters. The game play mechanics may be a bit pedestrian and tired, but the story makes it so much worth it. You won't be sorry. You owe it to yourself to finish this game. And if you're left feeling confused at the end, don't fret. You're not alone. Watch this excellent analysis of the story, and then feel free to read this interview with the lead writer of the game if you still want more analysis. But please, do none of these things until you have finished the game first. Otherwise, all the surprises will be spoiled for you, and who wants that?

15. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I've been plowing through the Assassin's Creed games (a series I hadn't started until last year!) and the last one I beat was #3. It was a great game but even it pales in comparison to Black Flag (what I'm currently playing though). I can't wait to play Unity in October!

16. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    Bionic Commando: Rearmed

17. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Civilization V, if that counts. No real campaign to that.

18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

19. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Saints Row IV: National Treasure Edition

The only thing I disliked about this game was the fact I eventually ran out of missions and new content to exhaust.

I give it a
    out of 10.

21. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Murdered: Soul Suspect

Collectables.. Collectables everywhere

22. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (Dark Side ending [face_devil])

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Unity was pushed back till November :p

24. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I finally beat Super Mario 3D Land today. I wasn't a big fan of the camera angles and I kept running off of platforms. It only took me three years to muster the courage to finally end it...

Life likes this.
  25. Django Fett33

Django Fett33 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 19, 2013
    I have played a ton of games this year, but the one that i actually beat was Metro Last Light. Now thats a super fun FPS worth playing to the end.