main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Yeah. It could be worse though. At least it still comes out this year. :p

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The Witcher 2.

Fantastic. Just absolutely fantastic. Eventually I'm going to have to play it again and take the other main route (I went Iorveth, I've got residual angry freedom fighting elf sympathy from Dragon Age), but for now I'm content to enjoy the consequences of all of my rash decisions.

And if you don't think you're supposed to kill Letho you need to watch Kill Bill FFS.

4. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    Max Payne 3, again.

Our internet at home is buggered so I decided to replay it. Such high production values, though in my mind the actual sequel to Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is A Walk Among the Tombstones.

5. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (Light side ending)

dlbates and D.A. McCoy like this.
  6. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Beat Star Wars Dark Forces yesterday morning. Excited to go back to Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, my first real Star Wars "Adventure game". (When I was younger, I'd had the flight games like Rogue Squadron and Starfighter, which I still love, but this was the first one that really had levels, bosses, puzzles, etc.

Life likes this.
  7. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Very cool. You're inspiring me to take a stroll down memory lane and replay those games after I finish Shadow of Mordor.

For me, the last game I beat was Alien Isolation (most fun I've had in a video game in quite some time).

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  8. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    It was really fun. I ended up playing and finishing Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and Mysteries of the Sith. I got a little tired of Mysteries of the Sith, though; I wasn't too big on how rushed the Kyle turning evil part of the game went, and I think I was just tired out on shooters in general. I'm saving Jedi Outcast for when I'm more in the mood. Right now I'm playing The Pandora Directive, a Tex Murphy detective/adventure game.

Alien: Isolation is on my list of "need to play". I'll probably pick it up when I have some extra cash.

9. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The Amazing Spider Man

It has an Arkham influence in combat and stealth which whilst it is nowhere near as good as the Arkham games is still fun. The story was short but interesting as it is an epilogue to the film. I don't know if it actually is canon but it was still good. I've done everything except for taking pictures of every enemy and getting every indoor collectables.

10. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    The Last of Us on PS3

12. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    It's such a shame the sequel game was terrible. The first as you said was very similar to the Arkham games which I love.

Grievousdude likes this.
  13. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

14. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I got all Chaos emeralds in Sonic the Hedgehog 4, episodes I and II, but I have yet to beat all the bosses. I have also only now unlocked all characters in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, despite having been playing it semi-regularly for the past six months or so, which goes to show how long it takes to master that game. I still haven't unlocked all events, as I still have to complete more challenges on the newly opened Expert difficulty.

15. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    South Park: The Stick of Truth

16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter - A nice mix-up from Battlefield, I like that the missions vary a little more than the average FPS game.

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Hotline Miami and Uncharted 3.

18. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Last Star Wars game I beat was The Force Unleashed 2. I was kind of disappointed, the game was too short. The first one was way better.

lookameatbag likes this.
  19. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I finished Hitman: Absolution last night after a long hiatus. I was stuck on the second to last level (Blackwater Park) because I couldn't find a discrete way to enter the building on the hard difficulty. I finally just figured 'what the hell', and massacred the security detail guarding the building until an entry point presented itself. It was exhausting my patience. :p

20. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Super Mario 3D World and Injustice: Gods Among Us.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Bioshock Infinite in 1999 mode. Definitely NOT fun. :p

22. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

What is 1999 mode?

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Geez, dude, Google? Let's just say it's tougher than Hard mode. Enemies inflict more damage while you do less. Ammo, supplies, checkpoints and money are scarcer. You usually depend on cash at hand to respawn if killed. But in 1999 mode if you run out of it, it's back to the main menu with you. In short, it's a real pain. Strategy will allow you to survive, but going in Rambo guns blazing well get you wasted 99% of the time.

24. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Why is it called 1999?

25. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Because games, on average, tended to be a lot harder. I'd say more the '80's and early '90s and less 1999, but 1987 mode doesn't sound as marketable.