main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    IIRC, it's a reference to another game created by the developer called System Shock, which came out in 1999 and has similar unforgiving difficulty.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Goddamn scrubs don't know about my Shodan.

3. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Be nice if someone could give that game a next gen refit so I could finally play it.

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    GOG copy of plus a lot of the recommended texture/lighting mods ends up looking nice, although the models are still pretty angular. The bigger problem is that since SS2 is fairly old-school in terms of its RPG roots, there are viable builds that can trap you in an unwinnable situation - or as I like to call it, the David Bradley **** You.

5. TheChosenOne095

TheChosenOne095 Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2015
    L.A. Noire

beat it just today

6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Halo 2 on Legendary difficulty. Yeah, it's a ten year old game but I never could muster enough patience to actually beat it on its astoundingly hardest difficulty (frakking One Shot Kill Jackal Snipers will do that).
    But applying some trusty skulls and tried and proven tricks helped considerably in that regard.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    South Park: The Stick of Truth

It's mostly just a really solid Paper Mario clone with spot-on aesthetic and tons of references to the show - which is hardly a problem, it's handled great. It's not terribly long, but goes for $20 these days, which is a fair price considering how fun it is. It's even, surprisingly, fairly bug free, even though it was made by Obsidian. Crazy.

8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Super Luigi U

Now I gotta get all secret exits and those damned star coins...

9. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Grand Theft Auto 5

10. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Stealth Inc. - A Clone in the Dark.
    Beat the final ordinary level today. Finding all helices and earning S on all levels remain. Then its on to beating the bonus levels. So even though I beat the ordinary portion of the game, there's still some bonus content remaining. This game, I think, is the most value for my money I've ever gotten out of a game. It's just the right balance of challenge, where even if you keep failing, you never get frustrated. You can always see the solution being just an inch away, in a manner of speaking, where you know that if you just get that one movement or timing right, you're through. The levels are also relatively short in length, but plenty in number, making it ideal for short sessions when you have some time available. In short, a thoroughly enjoyable game that I have to recommend.

11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Batman Arkham Origins on the 360 and Shovel Knight on the 3DS. Both are great games.

12. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Finished Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies yesterday. Was good fun but a bit mental. Didn't help the cases are all jumbled up time wise as well.

13. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    A couple days ago I beat The Legend of Spyro A New Beginning. While not perfect, it's a fun little action/platformer and I even have some nostalgia for it.

14. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Infamous 2, about an hour ago, was really getting frustrated with it.

Life likes this.
  15. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Okami!

Really great game, and a shame I hadn't discovered it until recently. One of the best I've played in recent memory.

Up next is the sequel, Okamiden. [face_peace]

Wi-Phi and Life like this.
  16. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Alien: Isolation on "Nightmare" difficulty. I'm still trying to get the final achievement for being killed by the alien 100 times. Unfortunately I'm not even half way there, even after my third play through.

TryWhistlingThis and Life like this.
  17. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Just beat Arkham Origins on the Wii U a couple days ago, now I'm working on Bayonetta.

18. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Beat Luigi's Mansion 2 and Infamous First Light last week. Luigi's Mansion was a lot of fun. First Light's challenge rooms were good but the story was a bit of a non-event. Quite glad it was free on Plus.

19. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Grim Fandango

20. Wi-Phi

Wi-Phi Jedi Knight

May 25, 2014
    Persona 4 Golden

Friggin' brilliant RPG, I recommend it to everyone.

21. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. Yep, managed to beat this in one day, which I don't think has ever happened before. I'm grateful I did't pay the original price for this. Not a bad game as, I did like the combat in it, but I wish there was more to do after you beat it. I'll likely play the last mission again for the other ending, and maybe attempt to collect all the holocrons and crystals. My main problem are similar to others. Too short, not much variety, one of the most forgettable stories in a star wars game I've played, and I don't know about anybody else but the final boss was rather unexciting. again not a bad game, but not really great one either.

22. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Unity. I sighed with relief though because I just wanted it to end halfway though the game. I was really enjoying because it felt like a big step up after the last three games, but it became way too repetitive and the as the story progressed I felt the the characters were becoming dumber as the game went on.

darskpine10 likes this.
  23. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Batman: Arkham City. I enjoyed it a lot but I think the boss fights in Asylum were better, especially the final boss. Compared to Titan Joker the Clayface fight was a bit underwhelming, though trying to take out all the snipers outside the theatre was a nice challenge. The Mr. Freeze fight was definitely the highlight of the game for me.

kubricklynch likes this.
  24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, I loved the Freeze fight, and the snipers were a brilliant stop-and-think challenge. As fun as the combat is in the Arkham games, where they shine most is in the setpieces that allow you to take the time to deploy your skills and really make you feel like Batman. The predator rooms are always a highlight. It's one of the reasons I think Asylum worked better (much as I love City) -- it was just more tightly designed, its crowded, basically linear interiors more fun to progress through and more suited to the gameplay than just brawling with knots of thugs on the street. The museum and the factory were great environments in City, but Asylum did it better.

25. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I beat Call of Duty: Ghosts, and other than the very end of the campaign, I generally liked it.