main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Thief. And I hated it.

Life likes this.
  2. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode I
    Released in 2010, in anticipation of Sonic's 20th anniversary the following year, this downloadable game divided in two parts was a return to Sonic's 2D beginnings. Unfortunately for purists, Sonic retains his homing attack from the 3D games. And he looks like his modern self. But I found it just fine and fun, and the homing attack has been integrated nicely into the 2D formula. It adds a lot of exhilaration IMO, in trying to chain aerial attacks. Now, I finished most of this game a long time ago (high scores, hidden gems and unlocking all bonus levels), but until today I had never beaten the final boss. Now that I have done that, I am officially finished.

3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Walking Dead Season 2.

Ending killed me. But, however, the whole experience was not as emotive and powerful as the first season - some sections of the game had me so upset, I had to take a few days break.

Life likes this.
  4. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    If it counts, the campaign of RWBY: Grimm Eclipse just now (with Yang, to boot). I am going to try to work my way through each character to unlock each girl's unique General achievement/power-up. It'll probably take quite some time... I finished Yang literally at the buzzer. I had technically already beat the campaign, but the scripted dialogue gave me an opportunity to grab an Artifact nearby and get 100 XP, sufficient to bump me to level 10, completing the Level 10 challenge for Yang. Didn't realize how close it would be!

When I go through the other characters, I'm going to have to purposely take a really long time to beat the mega-Ursa in the middle of the Mountain Glen map so that I can farm the little 5 XP monsters for a while. I don't want it to come down to being saved by the bell again for getting to Level 10. I know roughly how close I was this time, so I can gauge it for my next play through (likely with Ruby).

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Is RWBY good? I was considering getting it.

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Call of Duty Black Ops III

Wow....was it strange....

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

The gameplay was solid, and I like the greater emphasis on Stealth.

The story was a bit perfunctory, and not the most memorable in the series.

Life likes this.
  8. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode II
    Beating the final boss of Episode I encouraged me to try the same here, and with the help of some cheating, I managed to beat this one as well. Like Episode I, I had already unlocked all bonus stages, beaten those and gotten all the Chaos Emeralds for my efforts, and consequently already unlocked the ability to transform to Super Sonic. Hence my aforementioned cheating. I beat the first episode fair and square mind you, but this one just seemed insanely difficult in comparison. I have also found all the secret red stars, so apart from Trophies and high scores, I have nothing more to do.

I have had a great time with these two games and I warmly recommend them, especially to fans of 2D Sonic. They are perfect for short bouts of 15-20 mins of quick play when you need a break. And of course, the characters are cute and the world colourful so it will liven up a dreary afternoon. The tunes for some of the stages are also a joy to listen to.

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Just finished Dishonored: Definitive Edition the other day. Haven't tackled the expansions, though. Loved it, great game, wish I was more patient and had a better feel for the mechanics, though.

10. Robert Power

Robert Power Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2016
    I recently replayed Force Unleashed 2 on my pc, I played thefirst one on a console and enjoyed much more. probably a lot to do with the fact I had to use keyboard and it really hurt my hand but I still enjoyed it. I wish we saw Jedi and Sith do more extreme force feats like you see a lot of in the games. I also then replayed Jedi Knight which is looking a bit old but was a really good game.

Life and Pancellor Chalpatine like this.
  11. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    It's... okay. It's still pretty rough. And it's short. They have a lot of work to do. There aren't semblances, but the characters have different special skills for some variety. Ruby is the best since she has such long range with her melee weapon and can easily damage mobs in 360 degrees. Yang, conversely, has a very limited damage arc in melee directly in front of her. The characters have the same amount of health and defense, so it's not like Yang can tank like you might think based on how she is in the series.

It's still technically "early access." My assumption is they're continuing to work on the game a lot and will be adding semblances, other characters, and more content/levels. Not sure when that will be. Since it was a gift, I don't know if it's necessarily worth the price.

12. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    gameplay>>>graphics. Jedi academy was badass.

I recommend bounty hunter for the OG xbox.....that game..... just pure greatness. Story and gameplay, and graphics for it's time. And its star wars so you know the music is superb. Only problem is it's a rare game anymore. But worth it if you find it.

Robert Power likes this.
  13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Jade Empire. The RPG BioWare created as a followup to KOTOR, it makes the fantastic decision of setting itself in a fantasy world based on Chinese history and myth, not the usual pseudo-Europe fantasy setting. It also makes some other interesting decisions, and the result, in a genre that tends toward both physical and narrative sprawl, is a remarkably lean game. There's no real inventory management, only one party member at a time (and whoever it is almost irrelevant), stats are stripped down, and there are only a few major locations that a strong, forward-driving story pushes through in order in under forty hours. I liked it a lot; it told a story story in a very creative setting, and managed to make the world feel just big enough without wasting my time with a lot of busywork. The only limitation would be the combat, which was rather clunky.

Life likes this.
  14. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Another galaxy saved.

[​IMG]

Life likes this.
  15. FrostAssassin17

FrostAssassin17 Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2016
    Assassins Creed Unity, great game that had a horrible launch.

Life likes this.
  16. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Sounds like Watch_Dogs...minus the evolution to great game.

17. CorellianVolkswagen

CorellianVolkswagen Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2016
    Halo 5 - It was OK, but I'm getting a little bored of the franchise... and they ended it on a cliffhanger setting up Halo 6.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops III

19. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Really? I'm really struggling through it right now. I feel like it is by far the worst AC so far. The controls feel so clunky, especially after how smooth AC IV: Black Flag felt. I have to laugh at how Arno seems to warp over surfaces constantly to make ludicrous jumps.

The missions are incredibly boring. Paris is the least interesting city so far. Waaaaaaayyyy to many extremely repetitive side missions. By far the most interesting are the Murder Mysteries, but even they get irksome after a while. I'm about 33% through right now. I am doing my usual of trying to finish as much of the side mission/collectible stuff as possible before moving ahead with the story. I want to finish the game before February 9th so I can get Firewatch (which looks AMAZING) and start it on release day.

darskpine10 likes this.
  20. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Lol, I am a terrible video game player. Literally it's embarrassing how bad I am at them. I play Madden and Battlefront on my PS4, that's literally it. I'm okay at Madden but it's fun and I suck at Battlefront but I love it because it's Star Wars and the graphics are amazing. But the only video games I can remember that I've beat are Lego Star Wars,GTA 4 & 5. I'm sure there's more that I've beaten but those are the recent ones

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The Wolf Among Us. Solid adventure game overall despite the fact that I felt like I was being constantly punished for every single decision I made. I'd probably rank it above the first season of the Walking Dead (the only other Telltale game I've played), as it didn't have as many sections that felt like chores. Cool characters, cool story. If you like that type of game, it's definitely a must play.

22. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    Finished Metal Gear Solid V last week. I've taken my time beating it too. I always wanted to have in the background, I felt at home logging in each time to play and knowing there was still more to do. I don't think there are many games I've ever said that about. It has to be in my top 5 favorites.

ReyPrescott and Life like this.
  23. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    Splinter Cell blacklist, Liked it but it wasnt my favorite (that would be Pandora Tomorrow ;)) and i didnt feel "OMG, WOW!" at any point.

24. zisme

zisme Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2016
  25. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Dragon Age Inquisition