main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    God of War: Chains of Olympus

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Morrowind.

Finished the Main Quests of Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon, all guild, faction and great house quests, and as many misc quests as I could find.

Also, Sotha Sil Expanded, Uvirith's Legacy, and all of Tamriel Rebuilt's major factions.

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Another game of Civ 5. I am working on achievements.

4. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    Earthbound (for like the 100x)

5. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Bionic Commando (2009)
    Continuing the story of the original side scroller on the NES, this modern three-dimensional 3rd person action shooter puts you back in the boots of the bionically enhanced Nathan Spencer. Following an injury where his left arm had to be amputated, Spencer has been fitted with a bionic replacement arm that can fire a retractable cable. This allows you, the player, to swing across great distances and lends you incredible mobility, as well as agility in battle. It also enables you to fling enemies and objects at each other.

The swinging mechanic is deep, but incredibly difficult to master, in no small part due to the over-sensitive controls that determine your swing speed. The slighest push on the left stick will speed you up to a swing that will send you several times as far at release than otherwise. This, combined with your angle at release, will determine how much ground you can cover with each cable attachment. But when you get it right, it is a delight.

My greatest frustration with the game is the scarcity of checkpoints. Often, you may have to replay 15 minutes or more of progress if you die at an inopportune time. Enemy variety is not great either, but this is made up for by the numerous ways your abilities allow you to take them down. Experimenting with different approaches lends extended life to the familiar foes. There are also in-game challenges that encourage you to play around with this.

The environments you traverse are not very varied, but thankfully, they have a vibrant colour palette, and the greener sections of the city are genuinely beautiful locales. The soundtrack is also of ample quality. The fact that this game was outsold in its first month in sale by the Terminator Salvation tie-in game is nothing short of tragic. It's not a flawless game, and not without its frustrating moments, but it is criminally overlooked. It deserves more than being a mere footnote in gamers' memories.

6. Lazardus

Lazardus Jedi Master

Jul 26, 2006
    Mafia III, I think.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Unity - Never again will I play this game, god so terrible

8. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Mafia 3. Top story, but game play was weak.

9. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    [​IMG]
    An incredible way to close out a great year in gaming. I'm sure I'll be revisiting it for years to come.

Jedi Ben, Life and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line

11. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    That was quick! Didn't you start it just three days ago?

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    2 days ago, it's not that long.

13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Halo 4. Wow, it's been years since I played a FPS, let alone Halo. My brother and I have been playing it sporadically on local co-op since around Christmas and just finished.

Great game. I do miss dual wielding weapons though. Nonetheless, this game was pretty damn fun.

Halo 2 remains my series favorite however.

Grievousdude and Life like this.
  14. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Tembo, the Badass Elephant. Xbox One. Good platformer, cheap price. Recommend it.

15. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Finished Trespasser, and am now finally finished with my epic BioWare marathon. They really should make Dragon Age an all-expansion series, because the expansions always seem to be way more interesting, better-written, and fun than the main game. It shows you what focus will do for quality. Great story, fascinating implications, it's got me all ready for Dragon Age 4. A nice, long while from now, hopefully. Because I'm all BioWared out for 2017.

Life likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    God of War III - Wow, what a game, amazing!

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I never got into the GOW series. Played a demo on my PS3, and although I was impressed by the graphics and overall gameplay style, it just didn't click for me. If it had a female protagonist it'd be a no-brainer for me.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Pretty great series, but can be rage inducing though

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Last of Us, and the Left Behind DLC.

22. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Last videogame I beat was Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N-64 for about the twentieth time. One of the only games I can truly say is pure perfection and can always be replayed. Now onto Majora's Mask to keep a steady flow of Zelda until BOTW comes out.

Also finished NHL 15 on Stanley Cup mode, as it's the only way my team will be winning a cup anytime soon (Go Sens Go!)

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    The Talos Principle. I love my first person puzzle games and this one does not disappoint. Highly recommended.

24. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Inside. My initial impressions after I played this for the first time back when it came out last year were pretty negative. I was about halfway through and got annoyed by a certain obstacle and quit, writing it off as pretentious artsy fartsy nonsense, and didn't come back to it until the other day (started over fresh). Just felt like I needed to finish it since it was short and was constantly getting talked about in GOTY discussions. And I'm very glad I did. The entire game oozes intrigue (I have my own theory on what it's about, not nearly as indulgent as others I've seen online), and the way Playdead introduces gameplay mechanics without ever using a HUD or text prompts is amazing. Everything feels incredibly instinctual, which can be oddly unnerving at times. I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

Life likes this.
  25. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Finally got around to beating the Rise of the Tomb Raider: Baba Yaga Missions DLC. Pretty interesting. The final fight was tough!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.