main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I haven't done the Nightmare scenario, either. I said I was going to go back to do Expeditions, but I still haven't (and it's been many weeks). I really need to go back to try those out.

The only thing I didn't finish in the main game was the Challenge in the Syria map. I'm really ticked... because I didn't realize how the challenges worked so early in the game until it was too late to go back in the map to do them.

2. FlyingspiginaPurplejarr

FlyingspiginaPurplejarr Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2016
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2.
    Great game, spectacular story and characters, best voice acting in gaming PERIOD.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Lego: Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Tried the Nightmare scenario and aren't thrilled about it at all. I've never been a fan of zombie games; even with a female protagonist doing the zombie killing like a Jill Valentine. There's really nothing to it. Yeah, it's creepy if you're playing the game with the lights out, but that gets old quickly.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's basically a third-person Far Cry game. The story is interesting but pretty heavy on exposition (most of the beats and twists happen via journal entries, audiologs, and holograms of past events), and the secondary characters are dull and one-dimensional (with one exception). Aloy herself is a cool character, and probably Sony's new "mascot," so to speak, now that Nathan Drake's ridden off in the sunset. The gameplay is serviceable for a bow-and-arrow game. Usually my least favorite weapon to use, but it works well enough here. The open world is large but not overly dense like the Witcher 3, a game it borrows heavily from in a few respects (tracking, specifically). And you won't be able to travel very far without coming across some robotic beasts obstructing your path, which you can either sneak around or take your chances and run through (which becomes a lot less risky when you're able to override robotic mounts and ride them). I never found killing them to be particularly fun, and did my best to avoid combat encounters most of the time. Once you're able to access unlimited fast travel, getting around is much less of a hassle, and the game really starts to flow when that happens.

It's a solid 8/10 game, but probably got a little too much hype pre-release. It's certainly not a system seller or the PS4's killer app, as it doesn't come close to the lofty heights reached by games like Bloodborne and Uncharted 4. But it's a fun 25-30 hour adventure with a compelling main character that we're sure to see more of in the future.

The Vanguard, Jedi Ben and Life like this.
  6. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I have never liked zombie games (or any horror games) as it is, but the glut of them the last several years has been insanely annoying. It seems like everyone needs to make one or make a zombie mode.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I would certainly argue that HZD is a system-seller. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets multiple Game of the Year awards when all's said and done. It's a unique game with an interesting story. To me, the Uncharted series was nothing more than a Tomb Raider ripoff with a male protagonist.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Just finished Nier: Automata. By which I mean I've completed all three playthroughs and got all the key endings.

It's a little janky by Platinum's standards (Pretty horrible frame rate dips when exploring the open map, sound bugs and had a couple of hard crashes), but boy what an experience. It's my first Yoko Taro title, and watching how he subverts the typical gaming conventions while delivering a story that's both grim and delightfully bonkers is a complete treat. I'm hoping it does well enough that Square Enix keeps letting him make games. (Not that financial failure has stopped them from letting him make games in the past. :p)

I'm seriously contemplating buying Drakengard 3 to tide me over to the launch of Persona 5.

9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Borderlands 2.

And I regret passing this game up so many years ago. Arguably one of the best games I have ever played; loved the story and characters, loved the loot grinding and the endgame is fun.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Batman: The Telltale Series

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Is it worth getting? Been a fan of the Telltale Series, but heard mixed things about Batman.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

It's pretty good IMO

13. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    Ratchet and Clank (2016 reboot), Last of Us and Uncharted 4 before that.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm wondering about that new Uncharted game that features two female characters as the protagonists. Do you think you'd need to have played the first four games to pick up the story?

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Doubt it, the Uncharted games have always been pretty free-standing.

Ahsoka's Tano and Life like this.
  16. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    Okay after some research I would say that you might want to play at least Uncharted 2 and 4. Uncharted 3 would help, too. One of the female characters' name is Nadine and she appeared in Uncharted 4 only. She has a back story but not much. The other is Chloe and she was in Uncharted 2 & 3 but her starring role was U2.

As another member stated each game is a stand alone adventure, so there is one big story being told across multiple games (like Mass Effect is, think of Uncharted like Indiana Jones movies. ) That being said these characters do have certain dynamics to them. Although I am sure much, much more will be revealed about them in this new game.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I just made the mistake of buying the Last of Us "Left Behind" DLC without having played the original game. I booted it up and immediately it recommended having playing the original game first.

18. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    Yes you absolutely want to play the main game first when it comes to Left Behind. There is a big character building moment in the main game that won't have the impact it does if you don't play the main game first. Also, the Left Behind DLC hops around in the timeline of the main game so you may not fully understand what is going on.

19. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Which I specifically warned you about way back when you first asked about the game. Don't do the same thing with Uncharted. :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I bought "Infamous: First Light" and played it with no regrets - not having played through either of the original two games.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I disagree so much that if I tried to form a rebuttal it would quickly go off the rails. :p

Life likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  23. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Dishonored 2 (right before beating For Honor on hard.)

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Quantum Break
    It was a good game but like Doom and Mirror's Edge Catalyst the ending is an obvious sequel teaser which is both cool and irritating at the same time.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - Pretty awesome game

Life likes this.