main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That damn snake. You just had to include that stoned, creepy looking snake, Jordan.

I hate snakes.

Jordan1Kenobi, Life and Moll like this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

Life and heels1785 like this.
  3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Just finished Shadow of War's first DLC, Blade of Galadriel. It was a fun DLC, took me 3hrs 30 mins in total to beat. It was miles better than the DLC for the first two games, the changes in gameplay were decent, though it was a bit slender. It had a nice sequel hook at the end at least.

4. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Drizzlepath, if you can call it a game. It was not great, it was very tedious and too quiet. The only good thing about it was the scenery, for that I would probably give it 2/10. The music is nice when it actually plays...

5. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Assassin's Creed - Revelations.

This was a reasonable game, it did suck at the start, but once I got past sequence 4/5, it started to pick up pace, which made is far more enjoyable. I especially liked one of the last missions where I had to assassinate horse riders whilst flying in my parachute, that was very fun!

Overall ranking:

1. II
    2. Brotherhood
    3. Unity
    4. Origins
    5. Revelations
    6. I

It was good, but for me, not good enough to be ranked any higher.

6. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Assassin's Creed Origins. The RPG elements of this game really got me hooked and I spent a great deal of time grinding for the best gear. Combat was fun and the environments were simply outstanding. Story was an enjoyable yarn and I've got no complaints. Might even invest in some of the DLCs.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Hitman Contracts

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite video games series with this game alone being one of my favorite video games of all time (I haven't even gotten to the much loved Blood Money yet). The game improves upon Hitman 2 Silent Assassin in many ways, one of them being the AI no longer have x-ray vision where it could see through your best disguises.

I also generally liked all the levels in this one which I can't exactly say for Silent Assassin especially with levels like Hidden Valley. It would be a crime if I also didn't mention Jesper Kyd's excellent soundtrack that really helps carry the games darker mood.

All in all a great game that really has me excited to get to Blood Money now.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Life and Reynar_Tedros like this.
  8. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Metal Gear Solid V

I have never played such an incredible game with such a poor ending. I'm honestly shocked by how quickly it drops off.

9. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    Detroit almost human
    Probably my game of the year at this stage

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I think you mean Detroit Too Human

11. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Nah I think Detroit Almost Human is better.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    Wow. I tell ya I played this game and at times got overly frustrated with the battle sequences and somewhat confusing plot; but it's so much more than that. As some may already know, the game was built off the theme on psychosis. The lead character hears voices and suffers delusions throughout the game. The puzzles were interesting, and some were more challenging than others. And that ending....boy. That got to me. The ending of Horizon Zero Dawn was pretty moving; but this one was on another level. I'd almost put it on the same level as Life is Strange. Just watch the reactions on Youtube (obvious spoilers) and you see what I mean.

The game also features a special behind-the-scenes video documentary talking about how its producers wanted to do a game with the overwhelming theme being psychosis; with the hope that it would get more people talking about it. Really fascinating stuff.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Dungeon Keeper (yes, the original Bullfrog version from the Jurassic era)

Deliciously demented game. I keep coming up with dirtier and slimier ways to win each time. Perfect for budding young psychopaths of all ages.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I finally, finally finished Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. The fact that I took forever to finish it is no reflection on its quality, just on the fact that for whatever reason(s) I've barely been gaming at all this year. With its limited length, it doesn't quite deliver as much content and complexity as the two full games do (and the new powers make me miss good old Blink), but it still lives up to the series' high standard with great writing, mechanics that are a total blast, and great design work. I really hope this isn't the end of the series.

Point Given likes this.
  15. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    Resident Evil 4. LOTS of cheap deaths and "haha caught you off guard" moments but other than that the other aspects were pretty good for me. I liked it much better than RE5 and RE6.

16. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Hollow Knight. A game that definitely wore out its welcome and left me with a "Thank God that's over" feeling when it ended. One of those rare "Well I've come this far" games that I complete despite disliking it.

Life likes this.
  17. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I know the feeling.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Beat Arkham Asylum today on PS4. Did so once on X360, but that game is such a great experience. Still have yet to beat City or Knight, going to try to do so before the end of the year.

19. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    RiME, started it a while back, but life got in the way. I am so glad I finished this one, it was an emotional journey. The music is just delightful, some of the best I have ever heard, contains so much emotion. A beautiful game, easily a 9/10.

:)

Life likes this.
  20. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit

It was pretty good, very short but it was a demo after all. I really liked the lead character, he had such a sweet voice. The music was good, a lot like Life is Strange (No surprise really). Overall, in its current, unfinished, state, I would give it a 6/10. I look forward to playing the next installment :)

Ahsoka's Tano and heels1785 like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Did you pre-order LIS2?

22. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    No, I will buy it when all the episodes are released ;)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I might do that too. I was going to replay the entire "saga" from BTS through LIS anyway.

24. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    That sounds like a good plan, may do so also to remind myself of the whole story again. :)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I plan on going through it to watch the
    Save the Bay
    ending; which I have yet to see (refuse to see it on Youtube).