main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was the scariest videogame you've ever played?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord_Fett, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Most of my mates say that it was Half-Life. Although I found HL a bit scary, I got more, way more scared with Quake 2. The whole ambience of the game, the music, etc scar the **** out of me.

2. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    doom and resident evil .

3. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    The Gamecube Remake of Resident Evil is A Beautiful Game to Play in the Dark...

Exspecially if You Don't have any experience with the franchise...

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    System Shock was scary enough.

'M-m-make yourself Comfortable Hacker. Sta-ay awhi-i-i-i-i-i-le.'

But as for System Shock 2...

You are an insect. I am Shodan.

That computer scares me in ways things should'nt. Not to mention her children in both games,
    The cyborgs whose motto is 'Join us, it's quite nice after we've finished drilling/sawing into your skull/torso'.
    The Cortex reavers whose motto is 'Join us, send us your head and upper parts of your spinal colum on a Stamped Addressed envelope, or we'll just rip if off'.
    And the organic borg-like 'Many' whose motto is 'Join us, or we will rend your flesh from your body'.

5. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    SC is right SS2 is the scariest game around.

if you are going to play it, put new underware on your shopping list.

6. JarodDaKarr

JarodDaKarr Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2004
    The original Alien Vs Predator PC game got me so scared one night I actually yelled when I got face-hugged.

Nothing like the motion sensor making that blip sound and not being able to see a thing!

7. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    The original doom. That was startlingly real at the time it came out, and I hadn't had the abiity to become desensitized to that sort of thing when I first started playing it.

8. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Don't laugh at me, but Halo. Not the entire game, but there were specific moments that startled me.

I remember the first time I played the game. I was playing the game at the stage where everything's fairly normal, right before the "Plague" alien thing game into play. It was late at night, all the lights were off, and then I came to that level where you first encounter those mutated aliens. It scared the hell out of me the first time because it was so unexpected and so many of them came out of nowhere. It was creepy :(

9. redleader92055

redleader92055 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2003
    i would have to say out of the games i have played aliens vs predator 2 is the scariest especially when the damn bugs bust out of the ceiling.

10. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    The Alien vs. Predator games usually get a yell out of me when I play them at night...

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    A gruesome/scary moment I vividly recall came upon facing the Butcher in Diablo.

12. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Wolfenstien 3D back in the day scared me as a youngester.

Age of Empires scares me now though.

13. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    Wolfenstien 3D back in the day scared me as a youngester.

Same here. For some odd reason that first (?) boss dressed in blue, with the 2 machine guns scared me a bit.

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I remember the first time I played the game. I was playing the game at the stage where everything's fairly normal, right before the "Plague" alien thing game into play.

I'd say the Flood were more annoying than terrifying. Even when armed, those Half-life rejects were pushovers. An obstinate bull Elite -- especially if he has buddies with him -- was far more scary.

Half-life's pretty much the one scary game I've ever played. And damn if crawling inside a crawlspace with one of those crabbies jumping at you doesn't make you scream out loud?! Gets me every time, I swear...

15. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Hands down, without a question, is The Suffering. If you haven't played it, you're missing out. It's even better on suround sound.

(()|_|)

16. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    ^I have to agree with you Darth Dragon 7. The level that made me paranoid the most was the asylum. You never knew what was lurking behind the corners. Do you remember the part in the asylum where you open one of the cells and find a guard with no arms or legs? The strange thing was he was still alive, that part was creepy.

17. irishd2

irishd2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2004
    It has to be Alien vs. Predator that game is so scary. I hear you, playing that game at night, lights off, your motion tracker beeping...beep......beep.....beep....beep...beep..beep.beep.BEEP.BEEPPPPPPPPP!!!
    the beeps follow your heart beat and thats what makes it more scary.

The game truly lives up to the movies it represents and the movie thats coming out Aug 13.

18. redleader92055

redleader92055 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2003
    DooM 3 looks like it is going to be scarie as hell. Can't wait to play it at night when im the only one home. Makes it more intense for some unknow reason.

19. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Re: Wolfenstien 3D

Mara: The dogs jumping up when opening a door got me.

20. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Homeworld 2: utterly shocker of a game. And that's no joke.

21. braincase

braincase Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2004
    Halo scared me when you first meet the flood, just because of the whole part of the level before that and then that cutscene where the great master chief is obviously scared just gets to you.

The first Max Payne scared me a bit just at certain parts where a you would turn a corner and get a shotgun blast to the face.

AvP2 was definately scary even though I only played the first level (if I'm a Marine I better have my squad with me).

Halflife.

22. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    has to be Alien vs. Predator that game is so scary. I hear you, playing that game at night, lights off, your motion tracker beeping...beep......beep.....beep....beep...beep..beep.beep.BEEP.BEEPPPPPPPPP!!!
    the beeps follow your heart beat and thats what makes it more scary.

Christ, how could I forget AVP? That one is head-to-head with Quake 2. In Quake 2, the enemies came almost of nowhere. One of the scariest things is when I backtracked on my steps and found new enemies there, specially when I was all confidant that I wouldn't find anything. And the marines that were still alive, screaming with pain....

In AVP, that bloody 180º motion detector beeping and you just couldn't see anything, then ZAS... facehugger. Or when you actually saw the facehugger but couldn't hit him - it was all down to infantry's best tactic: spray and pray.

I played Wolfenstein 3-D when I was 11 years-old or so and the dogs also scared me. And because I like to play at night...

But since I joined the JC my gameplay decresed a lot.

23. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *ponders*

Well, the original Resident Evil game when I was 11 gave me a nightmare or two but I'm going to have to go with Silent Hill 2 because I had to sleep with a lamp and radio on just in case something attacked in the night.

Then again, Silent Hill 3 had some scary moments...as did the original...

Ah whatever! The entire SH series is the scariest thing I ever played. It plays on your mind rather than delivering sudden sharp shocks like RE.

24. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    Mara: The dogs jumping up when opening a door got me.

Ah, that scared me too sometimes, though it just made me jump. The guy I mentioned on the other hand... I knew he was there and he was still scary for some reason.

25. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Eternal Darkness > all other scary games ever.

Resident Evil looks like ****ing Powerpuff Girls compared to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.