main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What Was The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ezio Skywalker, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, I'm sure someone did. It must've required more patience than I was willing to give it. :p

2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

Wasn't that game universally praised for being the best video game adaptation of a film?

Edit:

Never mind. Thought you said "Spider-Man 2," not TASM2.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Spider-Man 2 video game was awesome

TASM2 was not

Life, Darth_Invidious and rumsmuggler like this.
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Going old school. The "Back To The Future" games and "Knight Rider".

5. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    "My balloon!"

Aside from that, though, it really was a great game. Mysterio's final encounter is probably in my top 10 funny gaming moments.

As for the worst game I've played...hard to say. I played a lot of crappy licensed game growing up.

I guess Pokemon Channel would be up there. It's not that it was even a bad game in the strictest sense... just unbelievably childish. Like it would have been good for a four year old, maybe. So that was pretty unenjoyable. Not sure why I even got that game... was probably hoping for something closer to Snap, I guess. The Transformers film game was legitimately bad, but in a generic kind of way... like a bad sequel to War of the Monsters. Legacy of Goku was pretty bad. Felt like the leveling system was totally unbalanced, so the game was either too easy or too difficult all the time (I will never forget beating Frieza by running away and spamming energy blasts). The controls and top down camera were also pretty annoying.

I don't really have many bad experiences with games anymore. I never buy them on release, so there's a level of quality control. I also really know what I like, now, so I'm generally spot-on in my purchases. The same is true for other media, I guess.

Life likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Forgot to mention

the NHL video game series is one of the worst of all time

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I....you....what?

MiWa and Point Given like this.
  8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I take back my previous statement: THAT P.O.S. is the worst game ever. All copies ever made should've ended up in that landfill, unplayed, unseen.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  9. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

I used to play the heck out of NHL 95 on the SNES with my brother. Then, on the original Xbox we played the heck out of NHL 2005. Very fun games if you're playing with someone in person.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

I'll rephrase that, that last few titles have been the absolute worst.

Especially NHL 15

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  12. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I find it amusing that none of the Kinect games I've played have made it on my worst games list.

13. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Crysis 2 was absolutely awful.

14. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    My turn Soul Calibur. Boring one on one fighting.

15. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    What did you not like about it? I admit the story is a bit confusing and there are a few frustrating bits but I thought it was a good game. It's your opinion but I am curious why you thought it was terrible.

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Soul Calibur 2 for Gamecube was the peak of the series imo. Link was a phenomenal addition. Sadly, the sequels failed to recreate that awesomeness. Soul Calibur 4, while fun, is imbalanced due to the inclusion of Star Wars characters, namely Yoda. Plus, Star Wars characters simply don't fit as seamlessly as Link did.

They found a better celebrity character in Ezio from Assassins Creed for Soul Calibur 5, but the game itself just isn't so fun. The story is pathetic, made even more so in the wake of 2011's fantastic Mortal Kombat 9. Plus the roster is riddled with copycat characters based on Soul Calibur's most popular fighters.

Soul Calibur has definitely been on a downward spiral imo.

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Everything after Soul Edge Ver. II was crap. [face_plain]

That said, man am I envious of people who can claim something merely mediocre as their worst game.

18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

19. MiWa

MiWa Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2014

I liked them until NHL 12, then they started to feel kinda lame. And 15 lacks so many gamemodes it's ridiculous

20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Was it even possible to get past that first few levels of just flying through those god damn rings? I'm sure the game didn't exist beyond that... they knew no one would beat it.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It is, actually. For all the wonky physics, terrible controls, ugly as sin visuals, and infuriating dullness, Superman 64 is bug-free and beatable.

Life likes this.
  22. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Not the biggest fan of shooters to be fair, and especially not if it is a dumb shooter. I love Half Lifes, System Shock 2, Deus Ex etc and actually liked the first Crysis and Farcry but found Crysis 2 just terrible. While the story was awful, the gameplay was bad too IMO. Extremely repetitive, no imagination at all, dumb AI. All the things I hate in a game were there.

It was so bad that I didn't even play the third Crysis, and from reading stuff about it, it was a good idea doing so considering that everyone says that it is even worse.

23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I thought Crysis 3 was better than Crysis 2 in some ways, but then I enjoyed Crysis 2 as well. Crysis 3 does have the bow, which is always good for taking out vehicles.

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I think Crysis 3 is much better than Crysis 2. In fact Crysis 3 is my favourite First person shooter and one of my favourite games but again that's just me.

25. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    There was this terribly bland and boring Mario Party clone made with the Rugrats (the Nickelodeon show) licence on N64 that was gifted to me as a kid. The most bored I've ever been with a video game. Superman 64 was more entertaining to me than that! A few years later, for some reason my younger brother bought himself a game based on Beyblade (the anime about kids who compete with spinning tops that have monster spirits in them). What more do I need to say? It was a game where you control a spinning top in a dish, and attempt to knock out the other spinning top. [face_plain]

07jonesj likes this.