main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was the worst part of Celebration II?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Master-of-the-Force, May 7, 2002.

?

What was the worst part of Celebration II?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Long lines

13.6%
  2. No signs

2.3%
  3. Overselling of passes (too crowded)

52.3%
  4. Having to have a ticket to stand in line for events going on upstairs

18.2%
  5. Greedy people who didn't limit themselves in the store

4.5%
  6. No books at the book give-away

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Rude event workers

6.8%
  8. No food or drink provided in the Fan Club Only area

2.3%
  9. Your child wasn't picked to go on stage for the Jedi Training

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Parking was difficult

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-of-the-Force

Master-of-the-Force Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
  2. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I picked rude event workers. Check my rant about the C2 Ventures booth and that blonde-haired tool working there to see why I made this choice.

3. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    You forgot to add "Not enough room for everyone during the Opening Ceremony."

4. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    So hard to choose......

5. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I picked having to get a ticket to get in line for Main Events, I didn't get that, needing to get in a long line for a ticket to get in a long line.

Because of that, I have no idea what the Main Events room looked like, there might not have been one and everyone in line for it were walking into a black hole for all I know ;)

I didn't mind it, most of the stuff I would have wanted to see there, I saw in the smaller ballroom on the first floor. I went away mucho happy!

6. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    The worst part of the Celebration was the total lack of organization! The organizers seemed surprised at the amount of people and the length of the lines. Lines wound around everywhere, I spent a great deal of time asking people, "What line is this?" Some people spent a long time in line only to find out they were in the wrong line! There were no signs directing us to the events, the maps were worthless and the crowds were insane. The lowlight? Having to stand in line to get a ticket to stand in line. . .

7. AcrossTheStarsBaby

AcrossTheStarsBaby Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    Rooms TOO Small for SO MANY people!

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    There was enough room for everybody during the Opening Ceremonies, but the line was cut off before the room was full. Maybe something was going on before hand and didn't allow time to fill the room up, but there were several empty sections.

9. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    There were a number of problems but I think most of it stemmed from too many people and not anticipating how to handle them all.

10. MrsStrahd

MrsStrahd Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Definitely finding out Friday afternoon that a friend and fellow fan back home died.

11. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    You forgot to add "Not enough room for everyone during the Opening Ceremony."

Well, there were TONS of open seats during the ceremony. They just didn't load people in before the time cut off so they shut the doors.

12. mgmcpa

mgmcpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    Being in the Costume Contest!

Talk about unorganized! They had us stand in a dark hallway behind the stage for 4 hours! No chairs! Water came only after we complained and we didn't even get to see the show ourselves (we were promised front row seats after we left the stage, but instead had to return to the backstage darkness).

Winners were given no prizes of substance and when the contest was over, we learned that the rest of the celebration had closed early while we were kept hostage backstage.

I was very disappointed.

13. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I didn't vote cause there was a number of things that I didn't like. The one I disliked the most was standing in line for hours and not get into the room at all. I was prepared for the lines but not the disorganization and lack of space to fit everyone that was in the line.

14. Hoth_pants

Hoth_pants Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    I was anticipating lines, however many times the lines were not enclosed by ropes. this caused problems because in some cases there were multiple lines or branches to one line, that was for one event.

All the people I was near in line were very nice, and there were no hissy-fits to speak of but i'm sure there were some during the 3 days.

I had a WONDERFUL time and met GREAT people!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.