main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA What was your best fan moment (so far)?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kaui-Gone-Jim, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    A group of us that met at a con went to a Denny's afterward for dinner.
    We had a Leia, two Lukes, and a Han Solo (little 'ol me). This was waaaaaaaay back during the original trilogy.
    The stares we got from the waitress and other patrons made our day complete!

2. AurraS1ng

AurraS1ng Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    My slave Leia Halloween outfit one year was pretty fun- we went to a dance club that night and everyone knew who I was supposed to be, so that was cool! Not to mention it revealed much more about me, ahem, than I would normally feel comfortable showing. ;)

The next best thing would be my very first encounter with the 501st at Dragon*Con in Atlanta a few years back. I have framed my pic of me being taken prisoner by the Imperial Guard. Oh, that was such a blast!!!

Reading Darth Avery's post below (Natalie Portman - you are soo lucky!), I realized that I am a total maroon sometimes. How could I forget to add when I met Paul Blake who played Greedo in ANH and Michonne Bourriague who played Aurra Sing, both at Dragon*Con??? I did get some nice autographs and had some good conversations with both of them. I'll have to do some digging on the hard drive, but I have pics of the autographs, except the Aurra Sing figure. I still need to photograph that one.

3. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    my best fan moment was meeting my idol!
    Lord i wish i was her.
    Natalie Portman had apparently gon to San Diego for a vacations of sumthin.
    well my youth group goes to san diego for our summer vacations.
    i shared an elevator ride w/ her and my hotel room was only two doors away from hers.
    i didn't have the courage to say anything in the elevator cuz i was petrified that it might not be her.
    well one of my stupid friends brought an playstationd on the trip and we were playing a lightsaber game (i for got the name). so another friend and i were announcing the game like spots casters and using lightsabers as mics.
    little did we know that we had left the door open and the game was way loud.
    Well She walked by with a companion (a woman) and started laughing at all the corny jokes we made when we were tryng to sound like those guys on the radio.
    whe thought we were hilarious.
    she even stopped to talk to us for a while.
    We told her that a few of us were part of a christian acting team that travels around the state.
    she though that was very cool.
    one of my friends got a picture with her. (i'm still waiting on my copy).
    but we never asked for an autograph (darn)

4. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    i'm jealous of my brother though.
    he's met a lot of stars.
    not just SW either.
    but as far as SW goes here is his list ( if i remamber correctly):

mark hammil
    carrie fisher
    harrison ford
    peter mayhew
    james earl jones
    jake lloyd (b4SW)
    natalie portman (he was on the san diego trip as a counsilor)
    and i'm pretty sure he's me liam neeson but that might be some one esle i'm thinking of.

5. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    My best an moment was meeting Jeremy Bulloch and David Prouse at Comic-Con, and getting my figures signed. Also anytime you have that many troopers in one place makes for a great fan event.

6. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    hey maybe next year i'll be one of those troopers! wouldn't that be awsome (for me at the very least)

7. Theatrix

Theatrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    Having my picture appear in Time magazine (as a trooper) as part of the coverage for AOTC. I want from reading about the movie in Time 25 years ago, to being in Time 25 years later. It was too cool.

Tim
    TK-1066
    501st Legion XO

8. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    winning best original costume at a con long, long ago [i wasnt wearing it, but i helped create it] it was at easter and envolved an easter bunny suit and darth vader garb: we kept the helmut and chest plate and belt...and the cape...over the bunny suit with cape up and tail showing...took off the helmut part of vaders mask so the bunny ears would show.....and here is....

VADER RABBIT! we cracked up and then entered it the costume contest...and the rest is history

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Ok today by far was my greatest fan moment. The Invasion for IMAX at Universal City Walk was the best.

Everywhere you turned you were being asked to take pictures with kids and adults alike. The fans really got into it and the kids were spectacular in the way they really thought of you as the actual character instead of just being in costume. They were so cute, especialy one kid that was dressed as an Ewok. I got to meet so many wonderful members of the 501st and see spectacular costumes all around me. Let me tell you that actually being a part of it instead of someone just looking at everyone else in costume was great. We left there at 4pm and I still can't get the excitement of the day out of my head. :D

10. Bant428

Bant428 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    for me, it was being at the irvine spectrum for the 1st day of AOTC, when yoda pushed his robe aside tor eveal his lightsaber. all the fans cheered! i loooved feeling like a part of the whole =-)

11. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    I'd have to agree. Seeing the whole theater yell and scream when Yoda took our his saber, that was awesome. (I was at the Irvine Spectrum too)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.