main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was your favorite event at Celebration II?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Master-of-the-Force, May 6, 2002.

?

What was your favorite event at Celebration II?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Autograph Area

50.0%
  2. Celebration II Store

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-of-the-Force

Master-of-the-Force Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
  2. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    The 501st Legion photo :)

3. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    Working the the Convention it's self. I know I didn't get to do every thing I wanted to but I got to do some cool stuff that not many other SW fans have ever done before. I was in the kids room and had the chance to work for two ladies that work at Skywalker Ranch. I did have a great time.

4. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I loved the 501st. Heck, I even offered to help many a stormtrooper...to help polish their armour... :cool:

Then again, I loved them at Dragon*Con too. :)

I also enjoyed the Concert. Good stuff.

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    You've got to be kidding me. Those are our choices? :confused:

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Those two choices have to be some kind of joke. I vote for neither.

My favorite was the opening ceremony. The "Spiderman" trailer was PRICELESS!! Blew the roof off the place! The other was meeting the authors, who were incredibly nice and gracious. Thanks to you guys!

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I think those two choices are a joke, and a funny one at that. Of course, you could always just substitute in "line ride" as the choice for either of those.

8. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm sorry for anyone who thought those were the only two things to do, life is too full of fun things to do then spend it in line for another adults handwritten name on a piece of paper. And I waited once for 45 minutes in line on Saturday for my 2 (yes only 2) figures, but if it went beyond that and there was something I really wanted to see, I would have left the line with no regrets.

Spending time at the fanforce table, pimpin' for my group and the force as a whole was a great time, I met so many great people.

The Star Wars Trilogy in 30 minutes was a wonderfully hilarious piece of theater.

Billy Dee on Friday, and the Fetts on Saturday were great.

All of these things and more were the things you could have done rather than spending 8 hours in line for Carrie Fisher's autograph and not getting it.

9. AcrossTheStarsBaby

AcrossTheStarsBaby Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    Give me a break too!

Rick Mccallum's Spetacular should be on that list!!!

Carrie Fisher Panel should be on that list!!!!

Hayden Christensen and Fetts guys should be on that list!!

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I can't complain too much about the lines. After all, you'll stand in line over an hour for a ride at an amusement park that will last 4 minutes. Everything we waited for lasted at least a half hour. I think the choices above are jokes. The store sold out of almost everything Friday. At least they let us order posters and t-shirts after they ran out. The Autograph Area wasn't too bad, but it could have been better organized.

Favorite:
    Rick McCallum's Spectacular
    especially the Spider-Man commercial...

11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Meeting Bonnie Piesse.What a sweetheart.

12. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I bought two Jorg's just to give to the fine folks keeping my place in line back in Idaho.

For the record, I have zero use for autographs and most collecting. Some fans tend to get the light in their eyes and forget there is more to life.

As far as the "professional" fans go, there are the collectors, the autograph hounds, and then MY KIND (therefore the best ;), but if the author of this thread gets to joke, then so do I)

The costume designers. I was there to show off my costume and be a guest star of the show. Far more economical than collecting, and no waiting in line. Priceless.

Who was I? Mr. Koon.

13. Master-of-the-Force

Master-of-the-Force Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Well, I'm glad some of you picked up on my humor with that poll. I thought the lines associated with the autographs and th estore were an absolute joke!!

It looks like many still found ways to have a great time despite the lines. Good to know, thanks!!

14. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I did get that the poll was probably intended to be a rip on how long those two lines were, I was just taking the opportunity to let people who think going to a con is about autographs and buying stuff know that there's a lot more to do there.

I don't knock whatever people are into, if getting autographs and buying stuff is what you enjoy, hey! enjoy it, go for it, have fun doing your thing. I just don't want people to do just that because they think that's all there is to fandom.

15. MrsStrahd

MrsStrahd Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    The lines were excellent places to meet and make new friends. BTW, if you have footage or a narrative you'd like to share of your favorite Celebration 2 moment, please share it with me. (But keep it clean, please. And no footage from where filming was disallowed. We don't want trouble.)My husband and I want to make a best-of video about Celebration 2.

16. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I had a great time in the lines. I just starting talking to strangers and I made some great friends!

17. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Um, I liked the exhibition hall the best.
    Except for when it was crowded as hell. :mad:

Stupid people can't design an exhibition hall properly. :mad:

18. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Stupid people tend to do things improperly.

It's when the smart people get it wrong that gets me angry :p

19. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Talking to the fans in line w/ me, attending the shows and the concert, and seeing all of those great costumes are all of my favorites. I got my 2 figures and autographs (pull service) but didn't waste the whole day on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.