main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. daveeek

daveeek Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2011
    Unfortunately I never owned an AT-AT therefore my favourite toy would have to be the Falcon and my favourite figure was probably R2 although i always had a fondness for Greedo as it was the last figure i got and was looking for it for ages!

The Exogorth and whostheBossk like this.
  2. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    I loved my Boba Fett action figure. I loved all of the bounty hunters, in fact, but the fact that I had to send in proofs of purchase to get Boba made him "special". I also liked the tall Snaggletooth with the blue costume and silver boots. First, the silver boots were cool, but second, the only way you could get him was by buying the cantina set, which I think was only available at Sears, so again, he was "special" plus he looked cool.

3. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    Oh, the Falcon was one of the ones I never did get, unfortunately. I sorta liked the droid factory, especially since you could make a 3 legged R2-D2 with it. Also, I actually had (and still have) 2 Greedos!

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I got a bunch of action figures back then, and I still remember the smell (when you first opened the packaging) of the plastic they were made with then; if I smell something else made with that same type of plastic now, the action figure memories come back, haha. I don't recall really having a favorite, though. And I think the only non-figure toy I had was an X-Wing fighter, which was cool, but I also remember really liking my friend's AT-AT and Millennium Falcon.

5. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Kenner SW stuff I remember having as a kid (besides figures, because, well, I had a few of those):

Millennium Falcon
    Y-Wing Fighter
    Jabba the Hutt
    Ewok Village
    Max Rebo Band
    Desert Skiff
    That mini-rig that looked like a smaller version of the Imperial Shuttle

6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Had heaps, but I think my favourite must have been Yoda. Very elaborate little figure - fabric coat, belt, walking stick, plus a snake around his neck.

Dagobahsystem and BlueMilkMike like this.
  7. daveeek

daveeek Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2011
    I remember having that droid factory, i also had a hoth base that had the probe driod which was cool.
    How did you get 2 greedo's it took me years to get that figure!

Andy Wylde likes this.
  8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I still have my favorite figure, Greedo. His joints are loose, much of his paint has chipped off, hell if I know where his weapon is, his head's a bit wobbly, but I still have him. Back in the day, I didn't like his outfit and had taken the time to sew a vest and jumpsuit.

I seem to recall owning one of the vehicles (I forget which. It was either an X-wing or it was simply some ship from some other franchise) and my brother and I would try to see how many toys we could stuff into the cockpit. There was enough space behind the seat to fit another figure, albeit awkwardly. Good times, that. Good times.

_Sublime_Skywalker_ likes this.
  9. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    I had the Hoth base, too! The big ones I never had were the Falcon, the X-Wing, and the Tie Fighter.
    Yup, I remember that probe droid. I had forgotten all about that.
    I had no trouble at all getting Greedo. Maybe it was more scarce in certain cities? I bought both of mine in Rochester, NY. I think I bought them in a now defunct store called Two Guys. It was sort of like K-Mart.

10. daveeek

daveeek Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2011
    Well i'm in London so i guess Greedo was easier to get over there!!

11. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    The vintage ANH R2-D2 has and will be my favorite figure released.

12. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I never got any of the larger items like the AT-AT or the falcon... :(

But the favorites in my collection were Jabba the Hutt (with the trap door thingy) and the speeder bike (I had two).

thejeditraitor likes this.
  13. superjedi90

superjedi90 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2011
    As a kid of the Prequels generation, I grew up with some toys of the Prequels not so much of the classic Trilogy. But I had a peluche figure of a musisciant Bit of the Cantina band. I would say that it was my favorite toys of the Trilogy when I was young. I still have this toy today even if he is not in a perfect state.

14. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    The very first action figure I laid hands on WAY back in the 70's was the Luke Skywalker figure. I managed to get all the characters, but Luke was the first I pulled off the display. I will always have fond memories of that day. The first vehicle I ever owned was the Landspeeder. My mom surprised me with it one day out of the blue and I was ecstatic. Luke and his speeder went on many an adventure with me.

15. Fanofthefilms

Fanofthefilms Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2011
    i had the catina band when i was a kid and a y-wing ship. i may have had an r2-ds also and a couple other figures. but i was <10 yrs old so i don't remember. Wish i still had those...

16. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    Probably the Boba Fett big action figure, and ROTJ's speeder bike model too.

But the one I wished I had back then, and never got was the snow speeder big model when ESB came out.

17. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    I remember that one.

I was looking for the real Tydrium shuttle model as seen in ROTJ, but that was all I could find...

The Vanguard and thejeditraitor like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    ANH 3PO and R2.

The Ewok village was pretty damn cool though.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Boba Fett, the Rancor, and Han in carbonite.

Dagobahsystem and thejeditraitor like this.
  20. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Easily R2D2.

21. CoolUsernameHere

CoolUsernameHere Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2011
    I had a Darth Vader action figure, complete with the red lightsaber. I also found a Lando action figure on the beach that I was pretty proud of.

22. Bens_Dad

Bens_Dad Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2010
    Boba Fett. He smelled of rhubarb.

All the figures had a particular scent, as it goes. Something that the new figures lack - and I think they're the poorer for it lol.

My son has just inherited my collection from the seventies and eighties. Toys are to be played with, after all.

He has eighty figures from the original line, a Millenium Falcon, an AT-AT, Slave One, Vader's Star Destroyer, a Snow Speeder and three mini-rigs. I managed to keep all the guns, too. Now, when his friends come to play, I frisk them on the way out. Well, you can't be too careful!

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    I grew up with the Kenner figures when I was a little kid in the early 1980s so my most favorite ones were the Rancor and Leia as Boushh

24. WookieePox

WookieePox Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2011
    Between my brother and I, we had almost all of the original action figures from the late '70s/early '80s. Alas, we played with them all and they have all been lost (except I still have R2 somewhere). Many years later I dug up Han Solo in the dirt in the backyard where he'd been "frozen" for quite a long time. Han was my favorite back when I was a kid.

25. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    I really liked the Biker Scout. It was the first figure I wanted from the ROTJ wave and I often pretended it was one particular Biker Scout with a name. I did the same with other figures that represented many like the Rebel Commander and the AT-AT Driver but mostly with that one.

Subtext Mining and Binder-lover like this.