main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ojisan

ojisan Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2015
    Imperial Guards were my favourite figurine

2. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

They still have not been able to come up with a modern version that equals the 1983 one.

When I was a kid, I always wanted a large size Chewbacca. This was well after the films had come out and I was never able to get one. So I bought one at a toy show last year,100% complete and all original.

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    By the time of the 1983 Kenner line of action figures, I was hooked, buying up all I could. I think the Jabba, Rancor, Skiff, Ewok Village, and AT-ST might be my favorites.

4. Bojanglez

Bojanglez Jedi Padawan

Oct 27, 2015
    An X-Wing, along with Luke in jumpsuit

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  5. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    My favorite always was, is, and will be, the first SW action figure I ever received. A 1996 Power of the Force, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi that my mother bought for me.

6. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    80's Kenner Boba Fett.

7. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

I lost him in a bush back in the day (1980-something). My favorite Star Wars character (don't like him in the PT though) and I long to get this guy back.

Chancellor Yoda and Heroic BB-8 like this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  10. Bossk74

Bossk74 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    My favorite action figure was the Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker.

Vehicle wise I loved the Millenium Falcon and the AT-AT:vader:

11. Viper78

Viper78 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    My favourite ship was the Millennium Falcon followed by the X-Wing, B-Wing, AT-ST and TIE Interceptor.

I liked so many figures that it's almost impossible to choose from Darth Vader, Bespin Han Solo, Boba Fett, Biker Scout, IG-88, Zuckuss.

12. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    The original Rancor. Oh Force, yes. Made it "eat" so many of my other action figures while growing up. lol!

Rancors are always ftw. :cool: (Except against Luke Skywalkers, of course)

13. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    Hard to pick just one... So top three?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I once owned a Princess Leia action figure from a long time ago

15. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    the AT-AT, hands down. those things are rad. as a kid i actually had two of them. they were generally always the centerpiece when i played. i've regrettably regressed to just the one, now.
    my favorite character-wise was Chewie w/ disassembled C-3P0 backpack. can I count that as one? it's really not as cool unless you have both.

i really dug the rancor, too. mine was purchased second-hand and, after playing with it for a week or so, i discovered that this particular rancor had devoured the GI Joe Stormshadow. bonus!

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  17. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Jedi Knight Luke and the AT-ST (my only vehicle). Also a special place in my heart for X-Wing Luke(my first Star Wars figure)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    Didn't realize vehicles were involved too... Oh man, opening a can of worms. I used to have maybe 4 or 5 TIEs... those were just too much fun, and the AT-ST, those were my favorite.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I heard the same with MOTU. I think it is possible that someone could do that, if their circumstances were just right. Their parents had to be making good enough money to afford the more expensive toys like vehicles and play sets. I never had any from "Star Wars" and only got to experience the Millennium Falcon and the Imperial Shuttle via a kid that I lived next to, in late winter/early spring of 85 and that was only if I was able to do so when he left his stuff in our yard and had gone off with my brother. This was also the same kid who took my Sideswipe figure, after I made the mistake of leaving him outdoors and forgetting about it until we went to move.

Anyway, as I noted, I had a large collection outside of SW. Action figures were easy to get since prices were generally reasonable, usually under five bucks. Certain Transformers figures cost more depending on size. Powermaster Optimus Prime cost forty bucks and I had to wait until my birthday to get him, back in 88. It would have cost more if it was the Japanese version that came with an additional figure/accessory, as a two-in-one pack.

[​IMG]

That probably took him up to fifty or sixty dollars.

In terms of play sets, I had Castle Grayskull from MOTU, the Hall of Justice from "Super Powers" and the ROTJ version of the Ewok Village. CG was bought for Christmas of 84, so that kind of thing was regular price which was like forty to fifty bucks. The Hall was on sale for a good discount. The village was a gift from a friend of my dad's who was moving and their kid was no longer playing with it, so I took it. This was at the start of 86. So I lucked out there. But my family couldn't afford other stuff like that. In terms of vehicles, I had three from MOTU and four from SP. The latter was bought at the same time the Hall and it was also on sale for a good discount. Fortress Maximus cost almost a hundred bucks. I didn't have him, but have since heard about it. I had three vehicles from RGB, the latter two didn't cost as much as Ecto-1, which was closer to thirty dollars.

So getting action figures and having nearly a whole set like Chorus did growing up is possible. But it takes the right circumstances to pull it off. I salute any child who had a good number of figures and more than one or two play sets and vehicles.

I had a dog that chewed up a couple of swords from my MOTU line. She definitely got upset when she was left alone as she chewed up other things. She even gnawed off ROTJ Luke's right foot. Didn't stop me from playing with him, but his days of standing without being propped up or on the peg for the Ewok Village were done. But I never had any toy accessory that was vacuumed up. Lost, yes. But never sucked up.

20. Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2016
    I would say my Jabba the Hutt playset and Rancor.

I bought the Jabba set new in 1983.
    As a kid, i used to fill up Jabba's 'prison' base with slime ( gooey, bottled stuff sold at toy shops ) or shampoo and 'torture' other figures in it.
    Then i found a used Rancor at a yard sale a few years later, and used to have a ball with him.
    Loved taking him in the bathtub along with all my rubber sharks and other random tub toys and have him 'eat' all of them.
    Yeah, i was a imaginative kid.

Considering the already used condition he was in, and the water and play use that Ranchor suffered through, the toy held up really well through the years and i still have him!
    Still works great!
    I also still have my Jabba set complete..in much better condition because he never ventured far from his display shelf.

Other favorites were my 1980 Taun Taun figure and 1983 Ewok figures.
    Lost all their 'spears', but had a lot of fun playing with them.
    I was really into the Ewoks back in the 80s. Had the large plush ( still so..with boxes ) and a preschool 'treehouse' playset.
    The Taun Taun gets brought out every winter. Every snow storm i get him out just for fun.

My 'dream' Star Wars toy was always a AT-AT.
    Had a chance to buy one in the late 80s at a yard sale, but the guy wanted like fifty bucks for it and at that time i thought that was a insane price.
    I settled for a ESB X-Wing, which i still have.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    In the summer of 1979 I acquired Luke's landspeeder and six action figures:

Boba Fett
    Walrus Man
    Hammerhead
    Greedo (my very first Star Wars toy)
    Snaggletooth
    Luke in orange X-wing fighter uniform

I had wonderful adventures with just these toys. I endlessly imagined that, after the end of Star Wars, Luke returned to Tatooine and had adventures. His allies were a walrus man and a hammerhead. His enemies (led by Boba Fett) included a snaggletooth and a greedo.

My single favorite of these toys was the Boba Fett figure.

I didn't need any more than the above toys to have a heck of a good time. I was 9 years old.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    [​IMG]Luke Imperial Guard Disguise
    [​IMG]Micro Machines Death Star. The best part is the probe droid launcher. This one is my favorite of any figure/playset
    [​IMG]Micro Machines Naboo Fighter
    [​IMG]Micro Machines Skyhopper
    [​IMG]Fold it up like the movie!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  24. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Force Smuggler Nice. I'd like to have some others. Maul/Obi-wan, Clone/Stormtrooper, Vader/Luke or Obi-wan, Boba/Han or Chewie, Phasma or Stormtooper/Finn, and Kylo/Ben or Rey or Luke ones would be cool too.

25. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    C-3PO and R2-D2

I got them when I was like 3. They were my first Star Wars toys I've ever had and I loved them. I used to play with them all the time until my mum wanted to get rid of them and gave them away while I was at school. [Insert Sad Violin here]

This is what they looked like.

[​IMG]