main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    Any Boba Fett figure I had.

Fett was the ultimate "I want it cause it looks cool" part of my collection.

Binder-lover and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    My favourite Star Wars toy, wasn’t actually a toy you could buy. My late grandad was a joiner and carpenter, and had his own workshop in Chorley, Lancashire. When I was a youngster, he would make me lots of cool stuff out of wood and paint them. Wooden swords, soap box cars, multi level garages for my Matchbox cars etc

One Christmas, probably in 1983 when the Return of the Jedi toys were popular, he made me a multi level playset for my Star Wars figures out of wood, which had taken him ages. It stood about five foot in height, had multiple floors, ladders, stairs, an elevator which worked by winding a handle and pulling it up and down on string. On the top floor, he had put me the brand new Jabba the Hutt playset, and he had made a trap door which dropped the figures into a cell beneath. It was all painted and was really cool.

All my friends were really envious of it.

3. jimtalkbox

jimtalkbox Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    I have a lot of the old Kenner action figures (well worn/loved) but I specifically remember buying a used ROTJ Luke (black outfit with cape) at an elementary school "garage sale" where kids would bring old toys to sell (for whatever reason I don't know. We had to earn "money" with good behavior).

I still remember the feeling of having "hit the jackpot" when I happened upon him. It still makes me smile when I look at it.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Luke on the Tauntaun.

5. ppslytherin1994

ppslytherin1994 Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2017
    Man...I am so young compared all of you.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    This was my favourite toy. And for once,it was better to be English rather than American![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  7. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Not sure if there was just one but I did love my Kenner SW figures and my ARAH Joes - all 4 of them LOL

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I don't still have it, but I loved my Rotj action figure of Princess Leia. It was Leia from the speeder scene with Luke.

10. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    This was the best figure by a country mile. You just had to give him the correct blaster from another figure and he was good to go.

[​IMG]

AndyLGR, whostheBossk and jimtalkbox like this.
  11. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    I was born in 1985, so my firsy toys were basically the Micro-Machines series of the '90s (my favs were Slave IV Tatooine, and Stormtrooper Helmet Death Star)
    I wasn't impressed with Ep I and II 3.75" figures; now Ep III's were awesome (I bought all the Jedi), plus the Anthology series
    Now I'm 32 and still buying (mostly the Black Series ones). I'm smart enough to not show these figures to certain people, which may find ODD that a +18 yo male still buys "toys" (I call them "collector's items" myself) yet spend HUNDREDS of dollars every month in filthy items like tobacco or strong alcohol

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  12. Bosozoku27

Bosozoku27 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2017
    Favorite toy: X-Wing!
    Favorite action figure: Stormtrooper. Which is kind of weird because I actually liked other characters more, but my Luke's lightsaber got lost and R2 got broken. The stormtrooper figure, even though I lost its gun, stayed with me for a long time.

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    As I said before, the X-Wing was my favorite. However, if I could find this one in my parents attic (preferably in mint condition in the package), it would quickly become my favorite.. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  14. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I own a white armored Boba Fett action figure, but I took it out of its package immediately after receiving it. My Grievous mistake.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Darth Voorhees

Darth Voorhees Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2017
    Aside from the AT-AT, I have a "Special Edition" Darth Vader in his hyper-chamber, where you can raise and lower his helmet.

16. Gunray-ban

Gunray-ban Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2017
    I got a limited edition Luke figure at the opening night of Return of the Jedi's Special Edition. I still have him. It reminds me of the thrill of my first 'opening night' for a Star Wars film and the novelty of it all at the time. I was born in 1983, so the Special Editions were the first time I'd ever seen the movies on a big screen.

17. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    I’m 43 and I still collect action figures. Star Wars, GI Joes, NECA, Hot Toys... you name it.
    Apart from the black series, I have been really disappointed with more recent 3.75” figures in the Star Wars line. They have regressed back to really poorly articulated figures again.

18. Kladdagh

Kladdagh Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 9, 2017
    I really enjoyed my Jedi Luke with his lightsaber ... and the cloak ...
    I took him with me everywhere I was =)

19. n8storm

n8storm Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    Rancor Monster. He was big and awesome looking.

20. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    I loved those mini rig vehicles, especially CAP 2 Captivator. I figured it was obviously Bossk’s vehicle, as he was on the box. I spent many a good hour sticking it to the window at home with either Han or Luke in the spring claw on the back.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    lego star wars, but I'm still a "young" star wars generation Z fan

22. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Grew up a Power of the Force guy along with the Micromachines in the 90s. Loved those sets. My favorite figure is probably Rotj Luke with removable cloak. Also loved the packaging for Shadows of the Empire series.

23. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    I think I had all the figures that were available at that time where I lived. Never was interested in those playsets, so I never got any of those. If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be the X-Wing model kit, the one you had to glue together, not the toy. I think that was the first model kit I got, and a few days later Vader's TIE, R2 and CPO. I always preferred the model kits to toy spaceships, because they were much closer to the originals. The toys were always out of scale/proportion, like the X-Wing's wings being too short, the cockpit too large, and not detailed enough. I remember I repainted some of the toys because I thought the colors were wrong. How silly of me! I remember in one picture Luke's landspeeder looked white, so I painted the toy white, while actually the toy had the right color to begin with. Years later as they became available I got model kits of the Falcon, ESB era SD, AT-AT, Slave I, speeder bike and snow speeder. The last kit I ever did was the Venator, in 2007, which I think is the only one that is still in one piece today. That one I mainly bought for and put together with my son, who at that time was also a huge SW fan. The largest and probably most detailed kit was the Falcon, though it always bothered me that the proportions were wrong. The model was too "thick", the real one being much flatter. Also the lights for the engines never worked. Probably would have looked terrible anyway.:p

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  24. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I didn't have many SW toys growing up.
    I remember having the X-Wing with Luke. Also a Bossk figure and a Yoda one, with the little snake. That one was my favorite.
    My friends owned a lot of them, so I played with those too.

I was more interested in Transformers and G.I. Joes back then, I reckon.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  25. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017