main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Ahhhhh, sigh. Remember when that was all it took to complete your life was a couple of little action figures? Ok, so really it's still pretty much the same now, too. ;)

whostheBossk and Kweh-chan like this.
  2. sinkie

sinkie Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2004
    Even though C-3PO was the first figure I got back in probably around 1978, the Tusken Raider (Sandpeople) I got shortly thereafter was definitely my favourite! I was devastated when I lost his stick in the grass behind my grandmother's house one afternoon. I think I spent at least an hour if not more hunting for it and never found it. I eventually used a variety of other sticks I found and somehow acquired another sand person eventually.

Close second was definitely the Falcon but my Creature Cantina got put to good use often as well!

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. CircaCitadel

CircaCitadel Jedi Padawan

Oct 10, 2012
    I was big into Star Wars Legos. It was my life. When the first video game came out, I nearly peed my pants.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    AT-AT hands down. For me it was just such a great toy. The Battle of Hoth was one of my favorite parts of the movies, so being able to play it out was just so much fun.

5. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
  6. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    The first figure I got was luke. Then vader, then han and obi-wan. I remember that the lightsabers were not seperate from the figures, but slid out of the figures arm. I never did get any of the vehicles until I was older, but I eventually saved up enough birthday/christmas gift money to buy an x-wing. And I played that sucker hard, it went everywhere with me. In fact, I played them all hard, until they fell apart, basically.
    I think my favorite was the original artoo, with the shiny silver dome. Lol. Eventually, the dome became loose and came off...I cried. Like a baby.
    I didn't start seriously collecting anything until after RotJ came out.

7. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    No. -Darth Boba

8. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Still have it. WHat was even cooler was the C3PO collectors case. I didn't get that one though.

9. MandalorianWrath

MandalorianWrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
  10. Jedi Werdna

Jedi Werdna Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2012
    I remember playing non-stop with Boba Fett and his Slave I with the Han frozen in carbonite that came with it. That was probably my favorite.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  11. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I was into the vintage stuff that was handed down to me from my older brother but I really loved the Micro Machines in the early-mid 90s. The folding head playsets were great and ships had some great detail considering how small they were. Bring these back!

12. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    What was funny was just how successful they were, when the diecast Kenner Micro line from the early 1980s was an utter failure (they were cool, though). Of course, the Galoob Micro Machines weren't competing against the standard action figure line, which wasn't resurrected until 1995 (which I suppose led to the Micro Machines fading away).

The huge success Galoob had with the Micro Machines & Bend-'Ems was probably due to old school fans suddenly jumping on the fact that there were new SW toys out in the market, which hadn't happened since 1985.

13. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    My favorite toy became my AT-AT (named "Brutus" because he kind of reminded me of a dog). It wasn't my favorite toy at first. Christmas Day 1980, I come out of my bedroom and my dad has him set up on the coffee table. I scream, run back into my room, and wouldn't come out for an hour. (Yes, I was a little scared wuss of a toy...I've gotten better since then ;)).

14. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    Definitely Han Solo, The Millenium Falcon (I didn't have it, but a friend did), and Chewbacca. Right now I am looking at the Jawa I keep beside my computer -- love him![face_blush]

thejeditraitor and whostheBossk like this.
  15. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I never got the large Falcon. Just a small metal version :(

I did love having my figures, collector case, the Wampa, etc. I had a great love for the Snowspeeder. Two figures could fit lol.

16. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    ObiAlKenobi -- I found the snowspeeder on ebay and got it for my nephew last christmas. I don't think he knew what to make of it because it wasn't made out of Lego! lol

17. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Millennium Falcon ship, took that thing everywhere.

18. Jedi Chloe

Jedi Chloe Jedi Knight

Dec 5, 2012
    #1. The FALCON
    #2. Solo's Gun
    #3. EVERYTHING else!

19. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    I had Han Solo's blaster amongst the rest and I used to make extras for all my toys, so I made a quite good holster for it and with my white shirt, black body warmer and black wellingtons I was quite the little Han Solo.
    I even used to buy a couple of extra stormtrooper figures and cut them up, glued the legs and arms as though they were dead, poked a hole in the chest with my dad's tools and used a match to make burn marks round the hole....hey presto, a shot stormtrooper. (but playing with matches and sharp tools when I was little didn't go down too well when my folks caught me....)

20. Doctor Cornelius Evazan

Doctor Cornelius Evazan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2013
    What did Lucas do to us! Just the sight of an original figure triggers something in my brain that can't be explained!

The full size Millennium Falcon hands down! Secret compartments, marksman h remote, insane! I still remember my parents asking " are you sure that's what you want?" as I got ready to spend my birthday $ on it, it was like$25 I think.

thejeditraitor and whostheBossk like this.
  21. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    The regular Han Solo, also the Imperial Speeder Bike with Biker Scout, that was pretty cool.

22. Doctor Cornelius Evazan

Doctor Cornelius Evazan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2013
    Had the vader case, if I remember correctly it had labels with character names that you could stick on the figures slot, and also compartments for weapons. I also remember on some cases ,Vaders eyes were red?

23. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I saw that Vader case yesterday in Ted. I would love to have one when I was a kid, hell, even today.

24. Stormtrooper Dave

Stormtrooper Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2013
    I had a lot of toys from the first two films. By the time Return Of The Jedi was released, I was 12, and was moving on from playing with toys. Anyway, the first figure I ever had was the Death Star Commander (the guy with his eyes closed on the cardback). I just think that's all that was left at the store when my mom went there. Eventually, I got most of the other characters--Vader, Tusken Raider, Stormtrooper, Yoda, Boba Fett, etc. Had a lot of good memories going to the department store on Sundays and going straight to the Star Wars figures that were advertised in the paper.

I also had a Darth Vader Tie Fighter, a Snowspeeder, the Droid Factory, the Death Star playset, a Tauntaun, the Darth Vader carrying case as well as a smaller, vinyl SW case that preceded the Vader case in 1979. Obviously, I wish I'd kept all this stuff. Among the vintage stuff I still have is the Parker Brothers "Destroy Death Star" board game, one Burger King glass from Star Wars, and another from Empire, a thermos from Empire, the "Christmas In The Stars" album (with a great McQuarrie illustration) and a box from a Darth Vader "bop bag"--one of those inflatable things with sand in the base that you punch, and it comes back at you.

25. Stormtrooper Dave

Stormtrooper Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2013
    I saw one of those Millenium Falcons in the original packaging, good condition, at a comic book/collectible store in 2005. The guy wanted $150 for it.