main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Born in 1984 so I missed all the first run stuff. I remember having Vader, Logray and Paploo, two stormtroppers, the ROTJ Luke with the detachable lightsaber, and a Tie Pilot. I think these were all gifts I got a like my second birthday. These were eventually passed down to my younger brother and then to younger cousings. I was 13 when TPM came out and I got a Qui-gon figure and I also remember my younger brother getting a Jar Jar toy from a kids meal.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I still have my Falcon, AT-AT, X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Interceptor, and a bunch of figures. They are now in the hands of my 9 year-old son. I know they're collector's items, but they should be played with. I had so much fun as a kid with them, it's very special to see a new generation enjoying them as much as I did.

My favorite was Kenner's Imperial Shuttle. That thing was all sorts of cool. Unfortunately, I traded it with the neighbor kid for his Nintendo. Was a good trade at the time, but regretting it now!

thejeditraitor and whostheBossk like this.
  3. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Chewbacca for me - all of my most vivid memories are of that figure. My folks could never afford many of the ships but I remember a friend whose dad worked in the States and brought SW toys back for his kids all the time.

I think the day I went to their house and saw my first Kenner TIE fighter sitting on a shelf I nearly passed out.

Later on (whether it was the same occasion I wouldn't know now) when they brought out a TIE Interceptor I became a SW collector. I'm sure that's what did it.

4. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Millennium Falcon was my favorite ship, Luke was my favorite action figure and Hoth was my favorite planet. And my mom threw them all away in 1985 when I grew out of them. How much would they be worth today????

5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I loved the Millennium Falcon--although, technically that was brother's toy. He also had the Imperial walker which was really cool (he got waaay better SW toys than me!) I did have one of those snow speeders with the tow cable which was cool.

I do remember playing with the Tie Fighter was kinda annoying because the wing always fell off as we were using it. Did anyone else have that problem?

The only toy I had left from that era was a Princess Leia figure (classic one--with the double buns!) that somehow survived the purge. But I misplaced her a couple years ago. And even when I moved from my apartment I never found her. It still bugs me to this day. :(

6. JawaEyes

JawaEyes Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2013
    Got to be the Kenner Toys Jawa figure - I wanted to get another one but its around £500 one eBay.

7. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Having an older brother, I resigned myself early on to never getting the really cool figures for myself and only having the ones that no one else wanted to have. I did get the requisite Lukes and Leias and Hans and so forth (my favorties among them being the Endor versions with the cloth ponchos/trenchcoat), but my fondest memory is probably of this one:

[​IMG]

As marginal as action figures come, the Imperial Dignitary was my favorite because I won it in a treasure hunt that a friend of my brother's (he had EVERYTHING!) organized for us. He buried that shoebox in the forest near where we lived and gave us hints as to where to find it. I found it and there it was. Always cherished it. Too bad Hasbro haven't released that one in a modern line. Would buy that in a heartbeat, if only out of nostalgia for that old figure.

8. Darth Ridiculis

Darth Ridiculis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2013
    I used to love making my Rancor eat all the figures.

thejeditraitor and Poor Greedo like this.
  9. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    [​IMG]

...and he still is!

10. Joda0

Joda0 Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2013
    My first 'Star Wars encounter' was with ROTS in cinema. By that time a lot of stuff had already come out of course. In 2007 I bought the Anakin Skywalker Force FX Lightsaber. It's a great replica, and the effects are amazing. Still my favorite toy/collectible!

11. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    The first one I actually owned was this one:
    [​IMG]
    I can't believe how long it's been. Almost twenty years. I had contemplated some older Star Wars toys in my cousin's and friends' houses but there were always older dudes bullying the **** out of us so they were this "out of reach toys", which made them even cooler. My older brothers and cousins were really mean to the younger ones, myself included, but still they were our heroes. Their rooms were secret layers, their toys were like the holy grail and their walkmans where a technological experiment from the future. This was in the very early 90s.

A few years later, my mom bought this for me once in the supermarket after I begged her for what seemed like hours. If my calculations are correct it was 1995 and I was 9 years old. I still have it, actually I have like 50 action figures in a shoe box. When I have a son, I expect to pass it along.

12. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Falcon!

“I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.” – Jango Fett

13. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    AT AT was my fave big toy, loved my small snowspeeder and loved my Imperial Guard (my fave figure). Enjoy playing lightsabres with my 3 yr old son now (the cheap ones that flick out)

14. Beru'sBlueMilk

Beru'sBlueMilk Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2013
    My AT AT was the bomb, it was bigger than my dog (who hated it with a passion!!), I loved the sheer size of it and it took pride of place guarding my room.
    Then when my wife and I moved out of our first apartment into our new house she saw a tatty box with magazines lying on top of it and got the movers to sling the box in the skip.....not knowing that it contained all my star wars figures from when I was little!!!!!! I never ever got them back, I was heartbroken and my wife was so apologetic..if only she lifted the magazines!! but hey ho, these things happen. Still got my AT AT and my Falcon, well my wee lad has them now but no original figures to put in them....thanks to the wife (still love her though haha)

15. Stormtrooper Dave

Stormtrooper Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2013
    I just bought a "Black Series" Darth Vader. I have it displayed on top of my blu-ray player right now, unopened, of course.

I haven't really bought a lot of the new figures (not since the release of ROTS in 2005), but I still pick up the Darth Vader figures if it's one I don't have.

16. Sur-Gon Jinn

Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2013
    favorite all around toy was a toy blaster...the same one the "forest" troopers that chased Luke on the speeder through Endor's forest had. It made annoying noises. I remember my parents complaining about it on a trip to the beach one year.

then it disappeared and I have no idea where it went :p but it was my favorite toy all-around.

for action figures/vehicles....probably the Milenium Falcon or the Ewok Village (use to throw darts at it) I wasn't that big a fan of the actual action figures....they were too stiff (no knee or elbow articulation like G.I. Joes had)

I wish the old Action Figures had the articulation of the new ones. oh well.

17. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Millennium Falcon toy, that thing was the best.

Merlin_Ambrosius69 likes this.
  18. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    My first Star Wars figures when I was a kid were Leia and Han from the 90's. Years later, they're still in my collection!

19. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
  20. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    Dewback.

word

thebeanpole likes this.
  21. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I had this awesome Vader lightsaber, but unfortunately it broke when I was dueling my cousin.

22. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Jedi Knight

Aug 25, 2013
    My favorite vehicle was my AT-AT,
    my favorite creature was my ROTJ Jabba the Hutt
    and my favorite regular figure was probably my POTF2 Boba Fett.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I had a Anakin figure that came with the Vader gear

24. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I had gotten the Death Star station. Loved it. The trash compactor came with foam trash and the Dianoga. Many stormtroopers fell down the elevator shaft.
    [​IMG]

25. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    My favorite toy was the Imperial Shuttle. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. It had a handle with a trigger underneath, and when you pulled the trigger it would make the wings go down. That was always my favorite part of the shuttle, that it's wings would go up and down. You could lift the top of the cockpit up so that a couple figures could sit in it. And underneath it had that ramp that would come down like in the movies, where the figures could walk down as if they were getting off the shuttle.I probably spent hours recreating the opening scene from ROTJ. I would pretend the couch was the Death Star, and I would take my Imperial Shuttle and a Tie-Fighter that I had, and pretend that they had just flown from a Star Destroyer. My favorite part was when I would say, "You are clear to proceed....we're starting our approach." Then the wings would go up, and I would start going "da da da, da da da, da da da" (the imperial march), land the shuttle, and make my Vader action figure walk down the ramp. My mom always thought it was funny when I got to "the Emperor is not as forgiving as I am! Da da da, da da da, da da da!" Great memories for sure!