main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    No doubt a reflection of my personality...but I remember and enjoyed most the characters, creatures and vehicles that I pretended that I was, much more than any of the few prefabricated SW toys that I owned. I usually got a little bored with the plastic toys after awhile and felt my creativity a bit confined by them. :p

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Another favorite toy of mine as a child was my micro-machines Death Star. Oh the adventures I had with it. "This system is full operational!" :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    This right here.

[​IMG]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    [​IMG]

This bad boy. I was about six or seven when I got it, and I remember it looking and sounding so great as a kid. Of course, I wouldn't trade my Luke ROTJ MR ForceFX for it, but I do wish I still had it deep down :p.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  6. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Favourite figure was Han Solo (Bespin outfit), although I never understood why it was called that when he wore it virtually the entire film. Favourite vehicle is a close call between the Falcon and the AT-AT. I have such fond memories of my childhood with my Star Wars toys :)

Andy Wylde likes this.
  7. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Back in the late 1970s I had exactly 7 Star Wars toys that I played with for countless hours:

action figures:
    Boba Fett
    Luke Skywalker in X-wing uniform
    Greedo
    Walrus Man
    Hammerhead
    Snaggletooth

plus Luke's landspeeder

I had Luke, Walrus Man, and Hammerhead as the good guys, and Boba Fett, Greedo, and Snaggletooth as the bad guys. They had many, many adventures on Tatooine (and especially in Mos Eisley).

My single favorite Star Wars toy was the Boba Fett figure.

Those were the days. :)

8. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  9. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Hmm ... I didn't really get my first Star Wars figures until 2005 really but since the late 90s I always wanted a Toy Lightsaber, Lego Droideka's and a Lego General Grievous for starters but unfortunately I wasn't allowed to get them ...

Yet my firs Star Wars figures were the Lego Star Wars pen figures being Anakin, Master Yoda and Chewie - they're among the oldest toys I have and I still have them LOL :)

Then it progressed to figurines - where my first Star Wars Action Figure non-Lego was the 2008 Clone Wars General Grievous ... then time and again I get various Star Wars figures - can't really decide what I like the best out of all of them haha - I mean who doesn't love ALL THEIR TOYS eh?

10. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Going way back

AT-AT Pilot
    4-LOM (then titled Zuckuss on package by accident)
    Biker Scout
    Royal Guard
    Han in Hoth Gear

Andy Wylde and thejeditraitor like this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Tauntaun. Only to be bested by the Boga a decade ago. The former god kids I eventually gave them to were delighted.

I still love those two critters, my favorite modes of Star Wars transportation too.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  12. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i can't even decide which one was my favorite. i actually still remember the different occasions when i got the different vehicles, playsets and some of the action figures. i remember my mom letting me get C3PO after i went to the dentist for instance.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  13. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Another one which caused me to salivate was...

[​IMG]

Edit: And to be honest it still does... :p

14. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Oh my god, yes!!! I loved the AT-AT toy! My older brother had it (He had all the cool stuff!). It was so much fun. I had the snow speeder, so between the two of us, we could have some pretty decent Hoth battles.

Andy Wylde and MOC Yak Face like this.
  15. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Actually many of the Hoth toys were pretty awesome. My grandmother bought me the Hoth ice base play set and the taun taun, mentioned above, which you could sit the 4 inch figure in / on was also a goody.

Andy Wylde and Yanksfan like this.
  16. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

Yeah! I had the taun taun! I remember we were actually always using the belly as a place to store blasters, or LEGO pieces aka "bricks/supplies". And I think I had the base too. (I remember the footprints in the snow, like in a hallway or something. I always thought that was cool. Do you know what I'm talking about? Or was that something else?)

17. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Oh my goodness, the footprints! I'd completely forgotten, but yes, now I remember them well. Very cool. Very authentic! And there was the little lever that you could pull to make it fall to bits, as though it was hit by a missile or something. It's all flooding back!

Andy Wylde and Yanksfan like this.
  18. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Oh my god, yes! Ha ha, I forgot about that! I just went into a time warp or something.

whostheBossk and MOC Yak Face like this.
  19. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  20. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  21. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Also this is my probably one of my most nostalgic toys.

[​IMG]

22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    This thread is is truly magnificent. I had probably 30 or so figures during '77-'85. X-Wing, Taun Taun with open Belly, Rebel Transport, speeder bike, die cast Star Destroyer ROTJ record w/book and Death Star Station. I managed to keep 13 of those figures through the years thanks to my ROTJ Luke in Jabba's palace lunch box (which i still have) and they are my most prized possessions.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    From 77-85, I had literally everything available. Every birthday, holiday and special occasion, my mother had a list of what I was missing and would inform anyone who had any reason to get me a gift. That said, my "favorite" is kinda off target a bit. As much as I love(d) Star Wars, my other favorite franchise is the classic Universal Monster films. In 1980, a company called Remco sold figures of all of the classic monsters in the same exact scale, style and even foot peg holes as Kenner's Star Wars figures. So, I had an absurd amount of genre crossovers. My glow in the dark Creature From the Black Lagoon was, hands down, my favorite... to have be a permanent dweller of the Death Star playset's trash compactor.

My favorite Star Wars toys were probably the carbon freezing chamber and/or the Jawa "build your own droid" factory.

24. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    I had a really good collection 77-85, but almost all of it got stolen in the mid-90's. I was so pissed off that I then spent the next ten years rebuilding it! Then I got a mortgage...

25. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I got super excited when I finally found this in a local supermarket:

[​IMG]

Not much of "action" figure, I know. But I've always loved ol' Palps!