main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What was your FIRST Chicago Force live encounter?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I joined Chicago Force right after CII....cause prior to CII...I didn't know it existed....

the first thing I attended was the CF pic nic out in front of Lincoln Park Zoo in July 2002.....

It was the hottest day of that summer...(over 100 degrees)
    I drove from Mokena in truck that had no air conditioning...didn't exactly know where to meet up with you guys
    .....wandered around all over Lincoln Park in the heat

..lugging a cooler with cucumber sandwiches in it......

looking for black t-shirts that said "Chicago Force"....

finally found you
    ...all that was left of me was a sweat puddle on the pavement...

:)

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    MoM way back in the day. i was dressed as a jedi and remember seeing you guys on the steps cheering as we went in.

3. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    MoM was such a great show, and a great Opening Day despite the initial troubles with getting museum security to let the stormtroopers inside.

My first CF event was the EpI line. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but there was a moment on Monday or Tuesday in which Chris and I were inducted into the CF, thus completing the club's dream of being first in line.

Notable first impressions included the friendly Steph and her husband (Aaron?), Heather, Andy (whatever happened to him, anyway?), Shauna, a reclusive Dave, and I'm pretty sure Matt was in there somewhere too (Chris, Corey, and I were pretty drunk most of the time after the first day.)

After going home and getting some legitimate rest that Wednesday, I found the old fan forums that evening and officially signed on as a member. I still miss those old boards, tho it's mostly nostalgia talking.

-Le Penguin
    "Sheep go to heaven
    Goats go to hell"

4. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Showing up for a party/get together at Matt S.'s place in Diversy just before EPI. It was the meeting where the shirts were first available, and I think a bunch of folks went out to a SW themed show (I had to go study).

~H~

5. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    My first encounter with Chicago Force was at WindyCon in 1999. It was the group's first con party... there was no decorating theme that I can recall, that came later. No, wait, I think there was an attempt at an "Emperor's Throne Room" decor, but nothing like what we're known for now. *chuckle* They had a little newsletter, and a display of EpI line and Ravinia photos, and I thought, Hey! This is kinda neat! What's that? $10 for a Chicago Force membership? Going to charity? Sounds cool!

I came away from that party visit with a laminated CF membership card, my name on a list somewhere, and one of the EpI lineup shirts. Unfortunately, since they only had XL left, the shirt never did fit me.

Oh, and I also left that party with the memory of Chicago Force, so I sought them out again at the following Capricon. Dave, Matt, and (I think) Heather remembered me, too, which was kinda cool. ;)

I expect you all wish I'd gone down the other hall at that Windycon, don't you? Heh.

6. TKsock

TKsock Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2002
    For me my first CF event had a double meaning. It was the line for EP1 and my first time in public for my Stormtrooper suit. It was a great time.

7. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    get-together at my place on diversey??? darthjurist I remember that! that was before we went to see the first version of Jason Chin's SW musical which was totally frickin' hilarious.

my first CF encounter was at Zephyr's in like Feb or Mar 1999. my buddies tom and brian and i went to one of the early line planning meetings. they would go off and establish normal north side lives, and i'd go on to get sucked into the vortex of loserdom that is Chicago Force...

i keed! i keed.

i vividly remember leaving the meeting discussing what would be good names for the group...this was before we came up with Chicago Force. (I recall that it was me who came up with the name "Chicago Force," but I could be wrong...actually, no I'm not. I'm right. You all owe me. Big time.)

Some of the ideas Bri and Tom and I came up with:

Princess Lay-on-the-sidewalk
    Darth Waiters
    C3Pee in a Doorway (there was a lot of talk about linegoers peeing on the streets for some reason)

good times. good times.

8. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    The first time I met the CF was at Celebration 2.
    My first event was the Episode 2 line. My dad was being a jerk, and I c=kinda flauntered out for awhile..

9. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    The name choosing session (where we didn't come up with Chicago Force) was my first meeting, and I think actually the 2nd meeting, I'm still not sure, I'd thought it was the 2nd because some of you knew each other so well...but that might have just been Matt, Bri' & Tom. I thought Princess Buttercup eventually came up with Chicago Force....but I don't remember.
    Stephanie was there as well as that attorney who made that wicked tri-fold for us...and some guy who kept chewing his fingernails (he disapeared after a couple meetings).

10. NOT_JediJeff

NOT_JediJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    I have no encounter, thankfully, as I avoid each and every one of you.

But when you factor in the horrible nightmares I have just knowing freaks like you all exist, it's been years and thousands in therapy.

11. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Why do I get the sudden feeling that N_JJ was that very same nail-chewing guy?

-Le Penguin
    "You told me lies
    Now it's your turn
    To cry cry cryyyyy"

12. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Flauntered???

Aren't you a bit young to be flauntering in public? Are you trying to get CF in trouble? *chuckle*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.