main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What was your first fanfic?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LittleMissNightsaber, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronCoop

BaronCoop Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2006
    My first fanfic was a star wars group fiction. I don't know if it has a proper name, but basically about 20 of us would write a piece of a story with our own OCs and email it to the others, each of us advancing the overall plot or maybe just the plot of our OCs. Unfortunately, the story line got really complicated, with too many people joining and spinning the story off into a thousand different directions and little side-stories that ended up clogging my email inbox and becoming overwhelming to keep up with. Plus, the presence of so many Gary Stus and Mary Sues made it hard to write in anything with a more normal character while still advancing the plot. How is my police officer OC going to really influence the story line with eight super-powerful jedi super knights with me? Still, my days in Aurora Squadron were good ones, and they kept me interested for a few years now.

2. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    A 324-page rewrite of ROTJ. It wasn't a successful endeavor.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It was likely around 1993, just after the Thrawn Trilogy wrapped up. I wrote a Pellaeon/OC centered story called Remnant's of the Empire. It had a Dark Jedi, an OC Jedi lead, Ewoks and more. I still have the story and the original cover art I designed for it.:p

4. BaronCoop

BaronCoop Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2006
    Oh, I forgot about this. I suppose you could call this fanfic, even though no story actually got written. I developed an entire trilogy of books in my head back in the fifth grade about... (wait for it)... a Star Wars World War Two crossover! That's right, I drew out maps, I thought up strategies, and I had the whole series of events planned out with AT-AT's fighting with Panzers, rolling across America and battling Shermans and Rebels. Man, what was I thinking? lol:p

5. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    My first fanfic is something I still laugh at to this day. It was right after the first Power Ranger movie came out. I had been really into Power Rangers when it came out. (Side note: I still have the original Green Ranger action figure still in his packaging.) Anyway, after I had seem little bits and pieces of previews for the movie, I starting getting ideas and using my imagination like I had never used before. I wrote a story about Adam and an OC and went from there. I still have it and never finished it. It was what started me on this trek that I am on now, but I wouldn't take it back for anything in the world.

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    My very first fanfic was a series of short stories based of the Jewel Kingdom books by Jahnna N. Malcolm. I loved that series when I was seven, I was completely obsessed with non-Disney related magical princesses. I had no idea that I was writing fanfic, nor could I spell very well. I still have the stories; I filled up one journal with them, complete with maps and drawings. When I was nine, I went back and corrected all my spelling (seven year old Idri did not like vowels; somehow, I found them to be incredibly unnecessary :p ).

My first "real" fanfic (the first story I wrote knowing that I was writing fanfic) was the first novel in a trilogy that took place after ESB and killed off Leia and replaced her with a violet-eyed Seer named Cassandra (Mary Sue!). However, Leia wasn't actually dead (only captured by the Empire) and was turned into Palpatine's new apprentice. Vader went over to the light side to help Luke redeem Leia, and Cassandra (after becoming Luke's love interest, of course) ended up sacrificing herself for something or other and there was much mourning. Everything in the GFFA was, in general, turned upside down. The trilogy was thankfully never completed, and almost all traces of it was destroyed when my dad dismantled our Windows '98 computer. However, I think some of the floppy disks stored at the bottom of my junk drawer just might retain some evidence of it. Ick. Thankfully, I have no way of checking since I no longer have a computer that can read floppy disks. 8-}

I can't decide if that fanfic was worse than the one that came after it -- the entire OT re-written from Vader's POV, except Vader retained the mentality of lovesick, teenager Anakin. How horrid. *shudders* :p To think I even submitted it to the TFN FanFic Archive. :oops:

7. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    The earliest one I remember, long before I ever heard the term fanfic, was in second grade when I decided to novelize Escape to Witch Mountain. [I didn't find out until a few years later that the movie had already been based on a book.] There may've been some before that -- I'm almost certain there were -- but I remember so few of the stories I was writing back then. I do remember that I knew what novelizations were and must've read some by that point, because I knew they often differed from the film. I don't think I knew why, though, because I took it to mean that I had some flexibility with the story. In any event, I don't think I finished it; we moved to a new district halfway through the year, and I don't recall continuing it.

There were a few scattered here and there over the ensuing years, and then I started writing for the net in college. It was shared-universe fiction rather than fanfic, but I had a lot of referential humor, a bunch of out-and-out parodies, and a couple genuine crossovers. Those could be considered fanfic, I guess; the first would've been with the RPG Paranoia.

The first "I'm sitting down and writing a fanfic" fanfic, though? Easy. It was a Simpsons/Doctor Who crossover based on the Fourth Doctor's brief appearance in the episode "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming" as one of the representatives of television, punched out in one sitting in a computer lab.

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    My first fanfic was written in my diary when I was 11. It was right after ANH:SE was in theaters, so I began writing about Ben Kenobi's two grandchildren going off to save Luke.

The girl was named Miana Kenobi. Fancy that. [face_tired]

9. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    Mine was a while ago.

I didn't even know the term existed; I just liked playing with the characters.

From what I recall, it was the usual Mary-Sue marries Gary-Stu story, complete with knights and Alice in Wonderland-sized people. The princess is put in grave peril, and the knight comes to save her. They ride off happily ever after into a brilliant sunset and a joyous future of solid rule and undying love. Based on an anime I'd watched a while ago and decided I really liked. No paragraphs, either; one long block of text jumping from scene to scene, dialogue only for the most part. I didn't know that many words back then; I was maybe seven? Just learning English.

My first published fanfic was on FF.Net, more than a decade after. Compared to that one now, I'd say I've come a long way.

-M

10. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    a Jacen and Tenel ka fic! the first sw book I read was YJK [face_love]
    it was for school, and so so horrible... I think I spent the whole first page describing what TKs garden looked like I-)

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    My first fan fic was an attempt to write an happy ending with Padme and Anakin. I wrote from both their point's of view as well as Obi-Wan's in an attempt to give everyone happiness.

And it was dreadful!

Thankfully, it's buried so deep on the boards, I don't think it can ever be found.

12. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    My first fan fic was an OC vignette for the First Sentence challenge back in Oct 05. My OC was Reena Mooris, undercover Cor-Sec agent. Her cover was blown. I intrdouced her and killer in the about 1000 words.

13. alienaardvark

alienaardvark Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2009
    My first ever fanfic was essentially a rip off of characters from this old anime,Rurouni Kenshin, complete with only slightly altered names, lots of badly written sex scenes, and no plot at all.
    (turns out sex is hard to write if you're still calling various organs "thingies"! :p)
    [face_plain]

But I was only 10 or 11, so I suppose it's forgivable.
    I still have it somewhere and read it from time to time, laughing at how awkwardly I worded things.

As for SW, I've never really written any fanfiction! I've just lurked around, secretly loving all of it without any real motivation to write it.
    Now I kind of want to though...

14. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I think my very first fanfics were written when I was around 9 or 10 and based on the Thoroughbred and Saddle Club book series, although I wasn't yet aware of the term 'fanfic' or what it actually was. They were all about one page long, and mostly just described horses' colors and markings in great, unrealistic detail.

I wrote my first SW fanfics at...14, I think, right around the time AotC came out. They were horrible 'parodies' of AotC and TPM, complete with a Mary Sue. Thankfully I never posted them on the Internet, and this summer I finally threw out the notebooks that contained them. :p

15. alienaardvark

alienaardvark Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2009
    Aww! I remember Saddle Club.

16. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    The first fanfic I wrote took place in The Magic School Bus universe. I felt that the show didn't have the right amount of action or violence, so I thought I could do a better job. :D Though not a crossover, it was heavily influenced by the Star Wars films and the Lost in Space movie, with a little bit of Superman and 2001 : A Space Odysessy added into the mix. Sad to say I lost it. :(

My second attempted fanfic was a prequel to the Stargate film, but it never took off and has been on hiatus ever since.

17. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    The Magic School Bus?! [face_laugh] With violence? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    My second fanfic was very stupid. While I consider revising it, the unedited version will never see daylight!

18. KellyLCrutcher

KellyLCrutcher Jedi Master star 2

Feb 28, 2009
    I remember doing my first fanfic when I was in elementary school; I was younger than ten. I kept it to myself and only did it for fun. It was a TaleSpin fic I wrote from Karnage's viewpoint. I can't remember the title I gave it or much about it except what I'm putting below:

In the fic, I gave Karnage a first name, but can't remember the name I used. Instead of a red wolf, as so many people have mentioned on Talespin sites, I turned him into a hybrid; his mother was a red fox; his father was a wolf. I gave him a brother and sister, but can't remember the first names I used for his family.

One thing about the fic I'm positive on: Karnage reforms, but no one else knows this until Molly proves it.

I think I left the story hanging at one point and finally scrapped it because I couldn't get any more ideas.

19. stoneheart

stoneheart Jedi Master star 1

Nov 25, 1999
    I'm pretty sure my first fic was a Vader-POV from the end of RotJ. It was pretty thin, honestly, fairly wangsty musings over what was happening. Might still be buried in the archives here, since I posted it back in the day, but I don't think I want it to see daylight again. :)

I wish I could say my style has gotten better since then, but since improvement requires output, well...

20. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    The first fic I ever wrote was a silly little Pokemon back when I was in the fourth grade. That was...ten years ago, so right around the height of that fandom's popularity. I don't remember much about it, other than the fact that the entire premise was terribly badficcy. I even had it hosted on a free Fortunecity website that I built with an old copy of Microsoft Frontpage.

The first fic I ever managed to finish was this X-Wing fic, which was the first part of a 680 or so page story arc (which sadly took me four years to write). I think I was sixteen when I finished it up the first novella. Looking back at it, the plot of that first fic was halfway decent but my grasp on writing mechanics really held it back. Maybe someday I'll go back and rewrite it.

21. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    My first ever fanfic was a short story based on The Hitch Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy that I did in an exam. I liked it though I can't remember how well I did.

My first Star Wars fic about a gay couple who had to prove that being in a relationship was actually a good thing and also beneficial. It was finished so I know it had a happy ending, but I lost the last half. It probably won't be posted here, though I might ask a mod if I can.

The first fic I posted here was Another Type of Treasure, a Pirates of the Caribbean quote roulette challenge response.

22. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    Arnold had a lightsaber duel with an evil ex-boyfriend of Ms. Frizzle's, and the bus got destroyed by a laser bazooka. :D

23. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    You just made it sound ten times funnier. [face_laugh]

24. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    My first fanfic was a horrible Star Wars AU taking place directly after ROTJ, which involved Luke Skywalker trying to combat a horrible Mary Sue OC Sith, painfully modeled after myself. I was in elementary school, give me a break!

25. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, the day after I saw all three SW movies in 1994, I sat down and wrote a fourth film screenplay in which Leia Solo had to join Rogue Squadron to face down the Death Moon and an army of...wait for it...battle droids. And Vader was alive because of a time-space issue and Palpatine had gone through a time portal at the bottom of the reactor shaft and was still alive and still the Emperor. And his name was Detkinmeiser. (I really thought that German-sounding names=bad guys. Don't ask me why. This was before I had ever even heard of Hitler.) Then I wrote the novelization of the screenplay.

My first straight-up fanfic was a massive epic about Leia Vos, the 11-year-old Chief Medical Officer on the Death Star who was a Jedi that Palpatine let live because he wanted her to be his apprentice. Once she had left the Empire (she was from Alderaan and had issues with it being destroyed), she worked in Intelligence, was idolized by Corran Horn, took down a terrorist ring and was raped by the Director of CorSec, so they yanked her from the mission. She next infiltrated Vader's flagship until he realized she was a Jedi, tried to kill her and they yanked her from the mission again. So on a bet, she tried out for the starfighter corps and got in as the XO of a squadron that was so good and top-secret that Rogue Squadron took credit for their missions and wasn't really any good themselves. The battle scenes were pretty much her getting in the x-wing and letting the Force guide her actions until all the Star Destroyers were gone. By the end of the story, she had turned to the Dark Side and destroyed most of the Alliance fleet, married her wingman, replaced Ackbar as chief tactician and gotten the Medal of Honor. It's still on fanfix.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.