main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What was your first fanfic?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LittleMissNightsaber, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    My first fanfic was a J/J that I can't find for the life of me. I never posted it though. It was a lot of basic J/J going to Csilla/getting engaged mush. My first posted fanfic was a CSI fic, The Newest Grissom (Yay for Grissom and Sara). Both of my posted Star Wars fics are on these boards.

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    My first FF was a little viggie about Luke entitled: "Always a Dreamer."

3. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Mine is an Obi/Siri fic that is still lurking somewhere on these boards waiting for me to finish. [face_blush]

4. Vix_Anne

Vix_Anne Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2006
    I can't remember my first fanfic ever, but I do have bits and pieces of things from "Dragon Riders of Pern" and "Dragonlance" and just about everything I've ever written for "Sailor Moon" on my hard drive (minus a 1110 hand page written story that's in binders by my desk). They're over 20 years old in some cases - which means I was 6 or 7 when I started.

The first fic I posted here... now that was back when the Classic board was up and running.

I'm pretty sure it was an awful story called "Stranger from the Past" that was a Sabé/Obi-wan fic about her surviving the attack on Naboo and ending up married to Obi-wan... or it might have just been a series of Vigs about it. It's still on the classic board here along with it's sequel "Terms of Service" in the same thread. But I never finished it... and I'm not sure I ever will.

The first long story I ever finished here was called "I need you" and was an Anakin/Padmé story. I don't remember what exactly it was about, but it was a rabbid bunny whatever it was and wouldn't let me write anything else while I was working on it. It too can be found here.

Other than that, I originally started posting fan fiction when I was 11 or 12 over on the "A Sailor Moon Romance" site for Sailor Moon before eventually drifting this way. Most of my stories that were posted there are either lost to the internet (the site's gone down) or on my hard drive - or on various other sites.

As a nostalgic thing, I've been polishing some of them to be re-posted on my ff.net account, but not all of them are going to end up there ;) and some, like many of you, will never see the light of day again...

5. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    I wrote my first fan fic about a year ago, a Mandalorian fic titled Out For Blood.

Alas that I hit writers block and the thread is now locked, but I sure did love writing the material that I ended up posting. Maybe later on down the line I'll be able to come up with a better plot line and start the story from scratch.

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    My first fanfic was a short piece called "Joy to Sorrow" way back in 2000.

7. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    My first fanfic, as strange as this is going to sound, was the only long fanfic I have ever managed to finish. It was an absolutely epic Harry Potter fanfic picking up where the fourth book left off and in retrospect it was absolutely horrible. I'm fairly sure it's still sitting in my closet somewhere if only to remind me that I can finish a long fic if I just put some time and effort into it.

8. TylaMoore

TylaMoore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2009
    My first actual fanfic...that would probably be the very first draft of "A Sticky Situation" I ever wrote. I gave up on that (thank anything who listens!) and wrote and actaully put out "The Storm Begins" for Warriors on the interweb. I think it's still up on my ff account actually. Eeh, that is scary.

-Tyla

9. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Now that was lng ago. I am not sure. It might have been a Rambo self-insert. (how amazing!:p ) Very bad, fortunately lost. Or a Star Trek novel in which wanted to pair Stephen (Spock's half brotehr) with an OC. My best friend promised my an ST story including flying cows in return. It still have the beginning of that (though I lost the plot). It was - badly written wish fulfilment and I am so glad ist stops when 'the Captain introduced the ears'.:oops:

For SW - hm.
    I did jot down note on my personal Mary Sue for a while. Some of those come in very handy now.[face_laugh]
    The first completed story was 'Contacts and Contracts' the first Kayary short story. It's still around. And it could have been a lot worse.[face_laugh]

10. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    My first, what I would consider "real foray", into fanfiction was in the summer of 2005 while I was in grad school. I wrote the story "More to Life," an extremely AU tale of Anakin and Padme that I posted over here. It was really rather cheesy, and in general I personally don't like it. However, I have never deleted it because it was the story that started me writing and without it I probably would not have written any of my other stories.

11. Storms_Legacy

Storms_Legacy Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    Oh, gosh, that brings back memories... I wrote my first fanfic in either 2003 or 2004, and I had the very misguided idea that I, as an eleven or twelve year old kid, could write a novel and get it published then and there just because. I had just finished reading the New Jedi Order, and I was really upset that Anakin Solo had died and that Jaina and Jag weren't together. It was before we even knew about TDN, and it was an Anakin resurrection fic (can't tell you how annoyed I was when Troy Denning 'took' my date of 35 ABY. Haha...). It involved an OC my best friend made up, Anakin coming back, and then leaving again, possibly dying, and said OC giving up her life so that Anakin could live.. Oh, and she was also Callista's daughter. I edited it a few years back, but it was still really bad... Thankfully, I never posted it anywhere but one place where only one other person could see it... Eventually I may got back and rewrite it, if I can get through my horrible grammar and atrocious characterizations of Jaina and Jag... The first published Star Wars fic was another resurrection story with Anakin, written right after I'd read Revelation for a challenge on another site. That one turned out way better than my first attempt at raising Anakin from the dead...

12. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    I was seven and I decided I wanted to write a Mary-Kate and Ashley Adventure chapter book, with me, my friends, and my celebrity crush at the time, Jonathon Taylor Thomas, all in it too.:p

My next attempt wasn't until I was twelve or thirteen. I still didn't know what fanfiction was. It was a Star Wars Jude Watsonesque book. I found part of it the other day, and it actually had potential. I wish my computer hadn't crashed so I could read the chapters that weren't yet printed. It was very similar to the Jedi Quest books because I was reading them at the time, and prominently featured Darra and Siri alot, because I thought they were awesome.

13. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    My first fan fic was Doctor Who...I wrote myself as the Tenth Doctor (Well before David Tennant) I think I managed to write seven or eight stories before I started to attempt a Star Wars fic. While my editing and grammar was questionable back then, the stories did manage to get some good feed back. I had planned to more afterwards...but, star wars become more my focus.

14. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Hello. My name is Raphire and My first Fanfic was Chronicles of Rg5. *Sob* I have been addicted to writing since! And no matter what I seem to do *Sniff* I can't escape it! Unfotunetely I lost the sense of humor needed for that story and found another. So Chronicles of Rg5 joined the teeming mass of unfinished stories.

15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Well my first fan fic I wrote was when I was when I was around 9-10 yrs old...It was based around Thrawn's era...Since then I've started several ones...but was not able to finish them. And just recently posted part 1 of my first one shared on a forum...

16. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    My first fanfic was written about four or five years ago and based on Disney's Haunted Mansion. I can't even mention its name; it was too terrible.

I've tried starting several Star Wars fics, but can never get past the introduction. Yay, low self-esteem.

17. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I wrote my first fanfic back in high school. It was a Due South / Toy Story crossover. :p My newly-purchased action figures of Fraser, Ray and Diefenbaker secretly came to life when I left my room and had to contend with my parakeet, LOL. Man, what I would have given for real Due South action figures... That's my favorite show of all time.

Around then I also got this bright idea (not) to write a story in which every TV show I was watching at the time was crossed over into it. This was something like ten shows, mostly sci-fi. Quantum Leap was the easiest to incorporate, but I also had to tie in Due South, The Cape, ST, ST:TNG, ST:DS9, and some others I've forgotten, maybe S:AAB, Earth2, seaQuest, etc. I have the whole list somewhere. Needless to say, it didn't get very far.

18. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    I wrote my first fanfic when I was seven or eight.

I think it was a Star Wars/WWI crossover. [face_tired]

Yep. I think my friends and I ran around blowing up Germans with Imperial Star Destroyers.

I think there were dragons in it too. [face_hypnotized]

Thankfully it's buried somewhere deep in my closet, never to be seen again.

EDIT: Um... Okay, I was just reading it and it starts out: When the NAZIs invaded Kuwait... I remember being very proud of my knowledge of history. Now it will never be seen again. I am putting it way back in my closet, with the spiders.

19. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    My first was in the 7th grade. I mean, I'd toyed with different ideas before-hand but I'd never actually thought about them seriously. I'd just read the YJK series, which is still the most influential book series I can list in my life to date, and I wanted to add my own characters. But of course, they couldn't be happy. Seventh grade and I had an oppressed wolf-like race of humanoids with four kids enslaved to a Hapan ambassador. The two younger ones died. The other two were paired. I still tweak it today and the original is lying in a drawer somewhere in my room. Good memories.

20. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    my first fanfic was a bag full of ameobas that reek of wet noodles with an title that makes as little sense as the proceeding metaphor

I still have nightmares about it

I-) :eek:

21. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Uh! First fanfic .. that brings back memories, none of them too pleasant. :oops:

I still have that one in a zip archive on my HDD, but it won't ever see the light of day. That I can promise. It was about my favourite couple, Myn Donos and Lara Notsil. Act surprised. :p

22. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    My first fan fic was about a character name Ulic who used to know Anakin and this was written before ep2 and 3 came out. Vader was on a search for clues about what really happened to Amidala and the child but I dunno. I can't remember much of what I wrote except Vader battling Ulic who finds out that Vader is Anakin. I lost the file years ago along with other writings too.

23. castin

castin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 11, 1999
    Wow, browsing this board is a walk down memory lane. (Haven't posted here since Feb. of 2002!)

My history of fan fiction begins and ends with theforce.net. Back in 1999 I wrote a short, aimless piece that took place around TPM, starring an OP, Castin. (I didn't know at the time that there was a character in the Star Wars EU who had the same name--I genuinely thought I made it up.) I think all that happened was that he found out his parents had been executed on some distant planet, and then he rescued his sister. I was 12 at the time I wrote it, and boy, did it show.

I wrote 2 more stories with Castin. In one, he and his master, Star, were trapped in a castle with a vampire. It was better than the first, but not by much. He defeated the vampire by impaling him on the silver handle of his lightsaber, at which point a Disneyesque golden wave swept across the sky and turned the dying planet healthy and green again (puke). I recall cheerfully ripping off the "I am not left-handed either!" moment from The Princess Bride, and gave Castin the ability to shoot fireballs from his hand in homage to Dragonball Z. (But I was self-aware enough at least to include a parenthetical "Can you say 'Dragonball Z'?" directly in the midst of the action, thereby immediately taking the reader who had patiently trudged this far into the story right out of it.) Oh, and he had a hoverboard emblazoned with the words "Speed Demon" which he used to escape the crumbling castle. Wow, thank God this story is lost in the ether(net) of time.

The second was a collaboration with fellow writer Kit (Kithera). I don't remember that one as distinctly--something about a princess and her murderous uncle, a potentially intriguing villain I turned into an over-the-top Nosferatu caricature. I never bothered to explain how this weird wretched creature could be related to a normal human. It wasn't a total wash, as far as my early stories went; there was some cute romantic stuff between Castin and the princess (all due to Kit, no doubt, whose alternating chapters were always far superior in prose, story, and character development to mine).

After that I wrote three or four first chapters that never got off the ground, then just stopped posting here, and I haven't written any fan fiction since. To be honest I'm not sure I was ever really interested in the genre; I think I only wrote it because it came with a built-in audience. I owe my eternal thanks to the kind and generous folks who read and critiqued my stories, terrible as they were. Their tips and hints may have made me a better writer, but most importantly their encouragement kept me writing at a very critical stage in my creative development, so that I still haven't given up on it. Making a living as a full-time writer is my dream, and if I ever make it it will be due in no small measure to the people on this forum.

24. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I wrote an X-Files fanfic for an assignment in 5th or 6th grade. My first Star Wars fic was a horrible Episode II story that was more of a treatment, written right after I saw Episode I. It's still online somewhere. [face_blush]

25. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    My first fanfic was "Always Have, Always Will" back in 2005, which was a Jaina/Kyp romance novel and was the first story I had written in over 15 years. I started writing it longhand after discovering the Fanfic Archive in the main site. I will never forget the utter fear that I felt when I posted the first chapter on here or the amazement when I got positive reviews of the story, which now, after learing so much about writing and the whole romantic formula, I can't beleive how poorly written it is. [face_blush] I will admit that I used writing fanfic to improve my writing...which I guess it did. LOL I'm hoping to get my first contemporary romance published this year.

Sara Walter Ellwood
    AKA Flowerlady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.