main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.
  3. 2017 Fan Fiction Awards - Nominations

Discussion What was your first NSW fic fandom?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    How did you get interested? What did you write first? Did you write NSW before or afetr SW?

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Star Wars as my first, but I think my 2nd fandom to ever write in was Lord of the Rings back in about 2002. Dreadful Mary Sue stuff. :p

3. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    My very first... it was probably Louis L'Amour. You just can't beat cowboys. :) That's likely why I like Han so much.

4. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    A long time ago -- well, three months -- on another board, far, far away...

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm just jumping in here from the link in the MSU but my first NSWFF was a Wonder Woman screen play. I wrote it in 5th grade. [face_laugh] I even cast it but alas due to in cast fighting we never performed it. :(

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith C&G Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Mar 13, 2006
    I believe that my first NSW fic fandom was Star Trek. Probably TOS first, and then TNG and DS9.

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    It was Animorphs, due in no small part to the character depth and morphing into animals thing. Didn't post any of it anywhere (except a website called "Stories4Families", but I think that's down now, and it was a private writing group thing to start with), and started writing SW after, not before.

8. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Harry Potter :p

9. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    My first fandom was The Lord of the Rings, but Star Wars followed close:)

10. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    My first fandom ever was Lord of the Rings with Harry Potter right behind. It took a few years before I got interested in SW fanfic.

11. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2009
    Pirates of the Carribean- my first fanfic.
    Also the only to be officially published, although I do write Star Wars stuff as well.

I find PotC easier to write because I know a lot more about Pirates than Star Wars. The Star Wars universe is quite a bit bigger!

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    My first NSW was writing for Harry Potter, and my first reading interest for NSW would be Lord of the Rings. I enjoy writing PotC as well.

13. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    The thing that really got me into fandom was ER. I was (and I guess still am) a hard core Carter/Abby 'shipper. I wrote one fic and it never saw the light of day. SW came next, then was House. Again, I've written one story that was not very good and a drabble that never saw the light of day. Torchwood was the first fandom I really started writing for other than SW. :)

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Technically speaking, "The Jewel Kingdom." My seven year old imagination ran away with me and I had no idea what I was writing.

When I did realize that I was writing fanfic, I started with Star Wars, but did a few small Harry Potter, Shrek, and Lord of the Rings vignettes on the side (all of which are thankfully LONG LOST). Since "re-discovering NSW" (as I call it :p ), I did Pirates of the Caribbean first and wrote a Harry Potter vignette a couple months back. :)

15. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Star Wars was actually one of the last fandoms I started writing, though it became by far my most prolific.

I'm pretty sure my first fandom was Charmed, way back in the late 90s. :D

16. flightime

flightime Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2009
    The first fandom that I wrote fic for was Harry Potter - back in early 2002, I believe. Then an anime called Bleach, then Star Wars. I lapsed away from Star Wars for a few years and wrote fic for Broadway musicals (Wicked, RENT, etc.), and now Star Wars is back full force again.

17. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    My first ever piece of fanfiction was actually NSW -it was a poem for a little known children's book series called "Avalon: Web of Magic."

The first NSW fandom when I actually knew what fanfiction and fandoms were was Doctor Who, I think.

18. amidalachick

amidalachick Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Technically, my very first fandoms were non-SW...I wrote terrible Saddle Club and Thoroughbred stuff before I even knew about fandoms, fanfiction, and all that. But my first 'official' non-SW fanfic writing took place in the wacky and wonderful universe of The Simpsons.

19. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    For me it was Star Trek - original series (ST:TOS).

This is pre-SW. Before SW, Star Trek was nearly the only game in town except for the Starsky and Hutch slash writers and original SF fictions.

20. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    First thing I ever wrote fanfic wise was set in the Roswell (TV) universe. Complete Gary Stu writing. Disgracefully so, in fact. Despie such horrendous beginnings though, I had a cracker of a sequel I was working on for a while until it gave up and died on me. Just when it was getting good, too. :(

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    first that I actually wrote and posted online: Transformers
    very first: probably one of the Disney cartoon series that aired in China

22. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    My first fics were for Sailor Moon, way back starting in 2001-ish. I'm still working on some of them even now. I didn't start on Star Wars until last year.

Though my first OC, which never got a story, was from the cartoon "Jewel Riders."

23. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    My first fics? Digimon. I shudder to think of the aweful, paragraph-less walls of text I wrote as a kid.

24. madman007

madman007 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Firefly and then a Serenity fan fic.

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

May 20, 2008
    I think it was a PotC one-shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.