main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What was your first NSW fic fandom?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    How did you get interested? What did you write first? Did you write NSW before or afetr SW?

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Star Wars as my first, but I think my 2nd fandom to ever write in was Lord of the Rings back in about 2002. Dreadful Mary Sue stuff. :p

3. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    My very first... it was probably Louis L'Amour. You just can't beat cowboys. :) That's likely why I like Han so much.

4. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    A long time ago -- well, three months -- on another board, far, far away...

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm just jumping in here from the link in the MSU but my first NSWFF was a Wonder Woman screen play. I wrote it in 5th grade. [face_laugh] I even cast it but alas due to in cast fighting we never performed it. :(

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I believe that my first NSW fic fandom was Star Trek. Probably TOS first, and then TNG and DS9.

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    It was Animorphs, due in no small part to the character depth and morphing into animals thing. Didn't post any of it anywhere (except a website called "Stories4Families", but I think that's down now, and it was a private writing group thing to start with), and started writing SW after, not before.

8. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Harry Potter :p

9. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    My first fandom was The Lord of the Rings, but Star Wars followed close:)

10. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    My first fandom ever was Lord of the Rings with Harry Potter right behind. It took a few years before I got interested in SW fanfic.

11. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Pirates of the Carribean- my first fanfic.
    Also the only to be officially published, although I do write Star Wars stuff as well.

I find PotC easier to write because I know a lot more about Pirates than Star Wars. The Star Wars universe is quite a bit bigger!

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    My first NSW was writing for Harry Potter, and my first reading interest for NSW would be Lord of the Rings. I enjoy writing PotC as well.

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The thing that really got me into fandom was ER. I was (and I guess still am) a hard core Carter/Abby 'shipper. I wrote one fic and it never saw the light of day. SW came next, then was House. Again, I've written one story that was not very good and a drabble that never saw the light of day. Torchwood was the first fandom I really started writing for other than SW. :)

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Technically speaking, "The Jewel Kingdom." My seven year old imagination ran away with me and I had no idea what I was writing.

When I did realize that I was writing fanfic, I started with Star Wars, but did a few small Harry Potter, Shrek, and Lord of the Rings vignettes on the side (all of which are thankfully LONG LOST). Since "re-discovering NSW" (as I call it :p ), I did Pirates of the Caribbean first and wrote a Harry Potter vignette a couple months back. :)

15. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Star Wars was actually one of the last fandoms I started writing, though it became by far my most prolific.

I'm pretty sure my first fandom was Charmed, way back in the late 90s. :D

16. flightime

flightime Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2009
    The first fandom that I wrote fic for was Harry Potter - back in early 2002, I believe. Then an anime called Bleach, then Star Wars. I lapsed away from Star Wars for a few years and wrote fic for Broadway musicals (Wicked, RENT, etc.), and now Star Wars is back full force again.

17. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    My first ever piece of fanfiction was actually NSW -it was a poem for a little known children's book series called "Avalon: Web of Magic."

The first NSW fandom when I actually knew what fanfiction and fandoms were was Doctor Who, I think.

18. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Technically, my very first fandoms were non-SW...I wrote terrible Saddle Club and Thoroughbred stuff before I even knew about fandoms, fanfiction, and all that. But my first 'official' non-SW fanfic writing took place in the wacky and wonderful universe of The Simpsons.

19. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    For me it was Star Trek - original series (ST:TOS).

This is pre-SW. Before SW, Star Trek was nearly the only game in town except for the Starsky and Hutch slash writers and original SF fictions.

20. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    First thing I ever wrote fanfic wise was set in the Roswell (TV) universe. Complete Gary Stu writing. Disgracefully so, in fact. Despie such horrendous beginnings though, I had a cracker of a sequel I was working on for a while until it gave up and died on me. Just when it was getting good, too. :(

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    first that I actually wrote and posted online: Transformers
    very first: probably one of the Disney cartoon series that aired in China

22. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    My first fics were for Sailor Moon, way back starting in 2001-ish. I'm still working on some of them even now. I didn't start on Star Wars until last year.

Though my first OC, which never got a story, was from the cartoon "Jewel Riders."

23. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    My first fics? Digimon. I shudder to think of the aweful, paragraph-less walls of text I wrote as a kid.

24. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Firefly and then a Serenity fan fic.

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think it was a PotC one-shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.