main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What was your first NSW fic fandom?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    PotC. Years after Star Wars.

2. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    When I was about eight I asked my mom to drag out her typewriter for me so I could write an epic adventure story that explained all the weird goings on in Super Mario Brothers 2. She obliged, and so I was all ready to write this amazing story, but instead I spent two days staring at a blank page wondering why I suddenly couldn't think of anything. Ah, my first writer's block!

I read a lot of Star Trek fanfic as soon as I discovered that such a thing existed (about a week after my family got dial-up internet), but I was too chicken to actually write the stuff myself. Star Wars became my first fanfic a few years ago, and about six months ago I decided to rewrite just one little scene from Star Trek: Generations that I didn't like.

Now that one little scene has turned into two ST:TNG AU epics.

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    A Series of Unfortunate Events, when I was really little. :p

4. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    My "official" start of reading/writing fan fic was in 2000 with Harry Potter. Until then, I didn't know what I had been doing for years (but strictly in my head/role playing) was actually something that other people did. And then posted about on the internet! It was a wonderful wake-up call *grins*.

After I realized that HP wasn't the only fandom out there (imagine that *grins*), I started to browse FFN, and got my SW feet wet too. I didn't read a lot, though, and didn't really start to become, er, obsessed with it until a couple of months before ROTS came out. By that time, I had been in a great many fandoms, mostly lurking, but occasionally writing, and that was around the time I pretty much gave up my Harry Potter obsession for good -- except for the occasionally snoop around FFN for a new fix when things get boring.

5. Salacious_Drabb

Salacious_Drabb Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 24, 2007
    Yeah, yeah, we get it. You're young. Now get off my lawn!

6. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    My first NSW fan fiction was the orginal Battlestar Galactica.

From there, I went to Spider-Man, Birds of Prey, Superman, and then Star Wars. Right now, I am going back and rewriting my Superman trilogy. After all, I would like to think my witting has improved greatly since then.

7. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Boy I have to dig deep into the way-back machine for this one.

I think it was Pokémon, the animated series anyways. Shoot, my first attempt at fanfiction was in that fandom when I was eight or nine. The sad thing? Much of the fic centered around that fandom was leaps and bounds better than the show itself.

8. Salacious_Drabb

Sep 24, 2007
    When you start with a line like that, and then answer Pokemon, that's just cruel. Remember, some of us here were writing stuff when your grandparents were just gleams in various strangers' eyes, so a franchise that's only fourteen years old (and still going) doesn't even qualify for the "slightly back" machine. Bulldog Drummond? Yeah, that can count as way back. Maverick? Okay, so long as you mean the TV show and not the movie. Blake's 7? Uh, sure, that's just about on the border. Pokemon? No, and you're not getting your ball back now, you whippersnappers!

EDIT: I know, I've never really done Bulldog Drummond fanfic. But I could.

9. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    So, uh, I'm guessing you'd prefer it if I stepped off your lawn right about now?

10. Salacious_Drabb

Sep 24, 2007
    Don't take that tone with me; I fought the war for your sort. Anyway, "Get off my lawn!" jokes are so early-July. This is August, Sunny Jim. The new thing is to care passionately and be right-wing. Also, quoting A Hard Day's Night.

Well, every month is the month to be quoting A Hard Day's Night.

11. Danaan

Danaan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2008
    My first attempt was when I was a kid back in the 80s, I tried to write a fanfic based on an adventure for the Swedish table-top RPG Mutant. Didn't get very far. Second, more earnest attempt was another adaption of a table-top RPG when I was a young adult in the early 90s, that time with LOTR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.