main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was your greatest ''Die hard'' or ''go down fighting moment''?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I'll post mine later

2. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    Me too.

3. DarthBud

DarthBud Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
    Halo 1
    I was running with the flag in Blood Gulch, with half the Blue team chasing me. I saw my teammate coming to me. I told him to take the flag and run. I threw him the Flag, turned, and took out 3 Blue's before the others shot me down. My teammate scored the winning point.

4. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Ren Var Harbor

Me and my friend (the clones) were the last men on our team and our last CP was the fortress thing were our veichils spawn
    the rest of the droids were coming the the entrance to the icecaves
    and each of us were the jet troopers so we shot the rest of our EMPs at the incoming droids
    ME: go find an anmo bot and get more EMPs!!!! (whips out pistol and shoots while backing inside the fortress
    Friend: their isnt one!!
    Me: ****! (jumps up ignites jet pack flies over wall takes a few shots and falls back inside) get over here with me!!
    My friend insted gets in the turret and take down 6 droids but then gets shot out by a destryor droid. I get angry pop my self outside and take down about 8
    droids until I get shot down myself

5. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...probably in Jedi Academy multiplayer..

Capture the Flag, on the Hoth Level.

I was following the my teammate who had captured the flag, we were force-speeding back along the upper path.. We were being chased by 5 members of the other team.

The flag carrier's Speed ran out, and he didn't have enough Force Power to start up another one. I told him to keep going, stopped at that sort of bridge-section, turned around, ignited my double-bladed lightsaber, and made my last stand. I don't think i've ever executed a more spectacular sequence of force pulls and pushes. Managed to delay them long enough for the guy to regain his force power and speed away to score.

I managed to take down 3 of the other team before i finally succumbed.

6. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    Oh, I remember several - all in X-Wing or TIE Fighter games. Usually hull dropping to zero and shield as well, but still fighting.

Recently I blew up my own B-Wing several times in the simulator, because I wanted to "finish" that Star Destroyer - but was too near. Debris caught my ship.

I also managed to get out from battlkes with the hull having only very few percent, but shields fully up.
    The shields saved my life, then.

7. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Mine was in Guild Wars, with a Ranger/Elementalist in 8v8 PVP on the way to Hall of Heroes. It finally came down to 3v1, and I was the one. I ended up using Poison Arrow, Hunter?s Shot, Pin Down and Storm Chaser to keep firing off damage over time arrows at the people chasing me while staying ahead of them. It took about ten minutes, and my team kept shouting unwanted advice to me over Teamspeak, but I did it. I did a dance on the bodies of the fallen when I was done.

8. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Me and my friend were playing defend on Elite. We had "Go to Sleep" by Eminem and DMX blaring on the CD player. We were defending the top of a hill, enemies were coming all around. We lasted for a good while, but ultimately, we were destroyed.

9. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Killing 3 out of 4 attackers attempting to steal my flag in Halo 2 using the sword.

10. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Halo 1. Before the advent of the multiplayer plasma sword, as you all probably remember. Capture the flag in Blood Gulch. Teams of four. Two teammates and I hit the other sides base in a warthog, rushed in, killed a couple of guards and grabbed the flag, when we ran back to the jeep we found one of the enemy had taken refuge in its gun turret. Our flag man bought it but my other teammate managed to pick up the flag and take cover back in the base. We went out the other end and went up top. I sent my friend out the portal. And thanks to the shotgun and the half-overshield I had at that point, made sure that "None shall pass" through the portal in pursuit. Also used grenades to kill the smart guy in the gunner's seat. I was on killtacular when they brought me down, and by that time, our flag man was quite safe.

11. Darth-Sareth

Darth-Sareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    mine was during a game of joint-ops the game had come down to the lastspawn post for the rebel team and i was racing across the huge map on my dirtbike to get there and help my team out.to bad i had an apache on me the entire time so iwas forced to do some of the most evasive driving ever with the thing firing missles at me.i drove right into the battle and helped my team out only to be caught by a stray shell from a tank.

12. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    Red Dead Revolver.

I got pinned down in a building with no exit and was hiding against the wall.

3 enemies advanced, so I leapt out and just gunned them down. Then I realised I was shooting a corpse. And I died.

13. Feezior

Feezior Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    ahh, too many, great arn't they though :D

My most recent was on battlefront, with a friend on Endor, both Imps, we let it get down to 90 against us two and made our defence at the bunker, we had a walker at the door, then i realised i had completely depleted my ammo for the rifle when making my way back to the bunker and he was a scout we took many with the walker but the rocket laucher buggers took it down, we run down into the bunker to health up when there were rebels all over us, we were being over-run, i usually suck with the normal pistol but i give it my damn best while my frined had time to call an air strike on the door

14. -Nightwolf-

-Nightwolf- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    It was in Delta Force 2. I was holding off the entire eneymy team from my postion, everyone on my team who attacked with me had been dead for several minutes. I was down to about twenty rounds of ammo for my machine gun, and the other team launched a full-force attack (about ten people). Several seconds later, the last enemy and me killed each other at the same time. It was awesome.

15. The_Jackal_89

The_Jackal_89 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2005
    Halo 2 at an all night party,

8 people in all we started to play zombie for those who don't know what it is it a made up slayer level where game starts 7 on 1 the 7 start with shotguns the 1 got and energy sword

once you get killed by the energy sword you become part of the zombie team and then go on killing till theirs 1 person left then he defends for as long as he can once he gets killed a new game starts.By the way the zombies keep re spawning over and over till all are dead

Any way theirs three people leaft on my team (on the secret foundation level) baracaded in room with the warthog in the back blasting away on the chain gun cut zombies down as they try to run in. finally the zombies get the idea to use a bomb they push it up the ramp push it into the baracade and one of them hits it withe the energy sword the baracade is totaly gone they begin to stream in My friend on the chain gun is leveling one down one after another me and the other guy are covering him with our shot guns al of a sudden another wave comes in all single file chain gun gets the first 2 i got 2 then the last gun charges my other friend whos reloading he got cut in half, so i say the hell with this yell out a battle cry and charge out of the room taken one after another running as fast as i can spinning around in all direction, then i saw one coming tward me as i reload i thought i was done for out of no where come the guy who was on the chain gun and runs the zombie over, and tells me to hop in so we make a few trips around the level at top speed shoot all the time then around the next turn i see the zombies have made a road block out of 2 ghoasts and some scrap meatal, he trys to stop but at that moment a zombie jumps on the front of the warthog and kills him so i going top speed at the road block while in the chain gun position, the warthog flips over i fly out and take down 4 zombies before becoming one myself.

one of the best momeries of my life
    "I live for Halo, halo one of man bests inventions it up their with fire, the wheel and remote controls"

16. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Not my greatest, but a good one. Halo, as you probably guessed.

Blood Gluch. We're in the middle of a new cold war with four on four, as neither team can manage to push more than about halfway up the map.

The opposing team had managed to collect most of the vehicles, but weren't using them. Just denying them to us.

I take a teammate, and we head up through the caves. Being the ultimate pistol whore/god, I lay down cover and engage their team, who have now fallen back to their base. I'm taking them out as they respawn, as my friend moves in with the shotgun. Suddenly, they're being blasted at point blank range. They focus on him.

I move in and grab the flag. Most of the resistence is gone, so my friend and I hop in a warthog and start heading home.

Apparently, two of the opposing team had managed to teleport out and hit our base. My teammates were dead, and we're closing in on the base...

...when we see an enemy on top of it waiting for us. With the rocket launcher.

Bang.

I'd been on the turret. When the rocket hit, it killed the driver, sending me up into the air...but still aiming straight at my base. The guy who fired the rocket gaped in horror as the warthog flew up, and I jumped out...down into the roof's hole, scoring the winning point.

Then the warthog landed on me.

One of the most lucky set of physics to ever befall me in Halo, or any other game. Yay!

17. The_Jackal_89

The_Jackal_89 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2005
  18. StarWarsIsMyLife

StarWarsIsMyLife Jedi Master star 2

Jul 14, 2004
    I have like a million, but one of them was in Call of Duty, German soldiers kept rushing the mansion, and I was running from room trying to fend them off. It was absolutely gut-wrenching.

19. Tie_Defender

Tie_Defender Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2005
    I was playing battlefront with a friend on Cloud City as the rebels and I looked up at the reinforcement counter and saw it was down to 5-86. I told my friend to hole up in the Carbon Freezing Camber he had just captured and I would get down there when I could.I sluaghtered all of the enemy troops in my way. When I finnaly got there about 30 seconds later I looked up at the reinforcement count, it was then 3-43 I couldn't belive it. We holed up in there and killed the rest of the Imperials

20. _Equilibrium_

_Equilibrium_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2004
    Halo 2 when I am playing against my brothers & friends I own with Rocket Launchers & I go down & take others with me with a Blue Sticky grenade & run at them [face_dancing]

I hope to get some new cool moments with Madden 06 this week [face_dancing]

21. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    Conflict Desert Storm 2

Me and my brother were playing co-op on gamecube. He was Bradley and Connors and I was Foley and Jones. I left Jones behind and took Foley with both of my bro's character's. Then we got to 2 tanks lined up. We took out 1 and took out about 10 infantry. There was about 8 left and the tank. With Jones I used up all my automatic gun since we were at the end of the level. I had to heal the 3 characters. On the way there were infantry and I had 50 shotgun bullets. I killed about 38 infantry when i got to the scene. I was shooting iraqi, dodging tank fire and looking where i was going. I took out all the infantry except for 1 and out of the tanks way. I was about to heal connors when the last iraqi came and threw a grenade and it killed me. GAME OVER

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I have had quite a few Die Hard moments in ROTK. Mostly in the Minas Tirith Wall level where I got very badly owned on several occaisons.

23. TIEIntercepter

TIEIntercepter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    AVP2.........It was Team Death Match I was a marine and i had like 3 Drones surounding me with no grenades just pulse rifle bullets. took out all 3 only to get taken out by a Queen who had turned the corner right as I did.

gotta love Aliens VS Predator!

24. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    the original Command & Conquer

the commando mission I had FINALLY made it all the way thru to blow up the tyberium factory and as it exploded and I won victorious I was shot from behind!!!

25. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Halo 2

I was playing 1 on 1 against a friend on Coagulation. I was in a ghost and was beating him badly. So im boosting at him in the ghost because he gets all mad when I run over him... he hucks a grenade at me that i didnt notice, it blows, I die, and the flaming wreckage of my ghost comes flying at him and lands on top of him. The message on my screen says:
    Killed by Elias.
    You killed Elias.

-Mace-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.