main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was your greatest ''Die hard'' or ''go down fighting moment''?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Y2K2

Y2K2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    heres a comeback story:

My uncle came over. in my town im a god at halo2, ive beaten all the best. one day my uncle came over an challenged me for my spot. Lockout, i never really liked that level since that day.

He dominated. it sucked. the score limit was 20. he had 19. i then went for the cheapest way out and used one desperate strategy, i holed up in a corner and wouldnt come out. i knew that corned damn well, no grenade could catch me. i was untouchable. the score changed. it was 18 to 20. damn, its so sad telling this :_| i had a shotgun, his sheilds were down. suddenly he jumped in a turret and shot me down!!!

the next week my friend topher challenged me and we continued to battle eachother. it was challenging, the damn fool was determined. i was still in shock.

finally i found myself 18 to 19. i had the sword and went to lunge, when at the last second he switched to plasma grenade and stuck me.

lost.

i stopped playing H2 for a while. then realizing i wasnt the only person who was god at halo, i got back to playing it. 24 7. my eyes were blood shot, i continued to play the game on legendary for like 4 weeks until today.... my uncle came over again and i played h2 against him. lockout. 20 kills to win. i won by a landslide, 20 to 8.

my self esteem boosted.

im still practicing to dethrone topher. tactics are my allies, and i will stop at nothing for revenge.

2. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Halo 2, Water Works, 3 vs. 3

There were three guys in a Warthog, and they were near the middle of the level where the holes are. I hijack the Warthog, and drive into the hole, killing two people.

3. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I can name countless times in Battlfield 1942 and Battlefield 2.

1. But there was one specific time for example. We were playing Iwo Jima if I remember correctly. Anyways the other team had started conquering one of our bases, and at the time I was half way accross the map in a jeep speeding to the base. I remember for some reason it was essential that they not take the planes at this base. My team mates had already gotten the flag to the neutral position, so the enemy could not respawn there, but the enemy was taking it back, and none of my team could make it back in time.

So there I am, there's a hill in front of me and the plane respawns. I booked it at full speed and launched off the hill as the plane was getting ready for take off. I jumped out of the car and ran for cover. The car flew INTO the plane and destroyed it. I look around and there are enemies everywhere, but all confused. I was able to take them out, and recapture the base single handedly.

2. I was playing the galactic conquest mod for BF1942. It was in the Beggars Canyon map and I was flying an Imperial Shuttle. Suddenly two Skyhoppers appear in front of me. The shoot at me and take my ships armor down quite a bit. The turned around and began chasing me taking down my armor a lot.

I noticed we were getting lower to a hill, and started getting closer to the top of it. When I thought I was close enough I stopped in mid air and tried to do a loop. It failed, so I bailed out of the ship. As I jumped out, BOTH Skyhoppers crash into my ship that was hanging in the air and all three ships explode.

I did survive the fall, but the hill was in a middle of nowhere kind of place on the map, so to get off I had to slide down the side, and that didn't work out. X_X

3. I can't think of a specific time in Counter-strike: Source, I'll just say when it's a lot of people fighting just me, I seem to be at my best. I don't work decently with a team, but when I get overmatched and outgunned I kind of go into overdrive and am able to accomplish some amazing things. My most gloat worthy moment was taking out a team of 16 people alone, and getting kicked for being a "hacker". In fact I really like being kicked for "hacking", it shows that my skill in that match was too unbelievable to well... believe. lol

4. Anyone play RE 4? That whole game is one giant die hard or go down fighting moment.

4. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    I have Resident Evil 4. That game's crazy.

5. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, especially on "Professional". I'm just at Krauser now. He's raping me, but everytime I come back I make it a little farther. ;)

Speaking of RE4 and Die Hard moments, there's one on Pro, when you're trying to get past all those Ganados on the island in that area with the molten pit in the center where you have to use the wrecking ball to smash your way out of there.

I was low on first aid/herbs, and was getting really sick of restarting when my health got too low, so I just said "screw it". I jumped off the ledge, triggering the attack. I used the Flash Grenade, when they were all stunned I switched to the Mine Thrower and tapped those two big ganados with the armour. I make sure to hit them in the armour so the impact doesn't rouse them from the stun effect. I stand ready with the Killer7 and wait. Both mines go off a split second apart, throwing one into the molten pit and knocking all the ganados down. I use the Hand Grenade to finish them off then managed to finally get through this area with nary a scratch on me and the loss of two mine-darts, a flash & hand grenade and a few shotgun shells.

6. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    That's so awesome. I don't really have anything like that that sticks out in my mind, unfortunately.

7. Dante_Varn

Dante_Varn Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2005
    Mine was probobly on Unreal Tornemont 2003 last frag of the game, teams, on the level with really really high buildings, i get a greanade launcher shot at my feet and it dosn't kill me but throws me off the building, with the lightning gun in my hads i shoot his team mate on the way down and win us the game

8. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    Call of duty. Nading all the americans at once.

This "sub-par" post brought to you by:

[face_monkey]_jedi

9. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    So many on Star Wars Battlefront. Many 1-30s on Geonosis, but luckilly, I had my Republic Gunship.

Worst last stand was Kamino. Boring day, and I didn't want to play online, so I did AI. Great game, until the CIS had me on the run. I always had to capture a command post, run to the nearest CP, while they had just captured the CP I just captured. 1 to 20. The Cloning facility was 2 command posts away. But it would take forever, since it would take much more than 20 seconds to capture it. I decided to make a last stand. I had just about killed 6 droids when a sniper shot me. Hard. So I had to return the favor. I had to check my HP. One more hit or long jump would kill me, so I TRIED to heal myself with FX-7. There were about 6 droids left when they finally got me.

10. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I've been down 30 to 1 on Hoth. I was the Imperials, and I was at the Rebel Hangar. I ran all the way across the level, got in an AT-AT, came back, and won.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    World of Warcraft.

5-manning Blackrock Depths, me as a 60 Paladin.

We're fighting Gnomish technicians ahead of us and get jumped from behind by a couple of Elite Firelords and two Elite Dark Irons. We finish off the gnomes and the rest of the party wipes on the Elites behind us, leaving me 1 half-dead Firelord and two Dark Irons. I then proceed to very, very slowly kill them while conserving health and mana as I'm the only one left and we don't have a Warlock with us.

Made it just barely. 'twas a heck of a fight.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Just had one in BFME defending the White City against the forces of Mordor. I sent a combined Gondor/Rohirrim/Elven army into the field to mop up the remains of Sauron's army only to have two Nazgul on Fellbeasts and four Mumakil come out of no where and take me apart.Calling it a bloodbath doesn't really do it justice.

13. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    There should be more of these once swbf2 comes out....

14. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    Not exactly sure but I remember a few.

Republic Commando, solo Trando defending my base while the team was out hunting. CTF, the enemy comes from the bottom level's 2 enterances, im on top, and I try sniping. Duck for cover as they throw grenades.
    Took out 2 but they are climbing the 2 staircases on either side up to the floor im on; facing the courtyard from where i entered.

I have a heavy machine gun type blaster, and the first one comes from one side. I shoot em down, then another, but one hits me from behind and I succumb.

- - -

Also in Jedi Academy, though single player, I make my own skins and mods.
    I did a showdown of me playing Saesee Tiin, with Windu, Fisto, Plo Koon and several other Jedi on my team including Luke in a final showdown against Darth Nihilus.
    He took us out one by own with ease, and Windu he knocked off the platform we were fighting on into the lava.
    Finally it was Fisto and me, I Force Jumped to strike but Nihilus killed me before I landed, and Fisto was easy as I watched from my corpse.

After I loaded a map Palpatine's Office and played a Jedi human male with Windu, against Nihilus. I annalized my mistakes against Nihilus, exploited his weaknesses and although Windu fell in the conflict I cut down my foe, and used the force to throw his corpse out of the window into the cityscape bellow.

15. EnforcerSG

EnforcerSG Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2001
    Although I survived...

Counter Strike, playing Dust as a CT. Last round I rushed out of the dark hall only to be AWP'ed by a person to my far right (by the crates). I knew he would be there again this round (he always camped there).

Sure enough, he was there. The guy ahead of me got owned. I threw a flash bang and ran out with my Colt blazing.

I emptied my entire clip, and missed him. I switched to my pistol, but hit the wrong button, hand knife. Switched to my pistol and emptied it and missed again. Finally I reloaded my Colt and caped him at point blank range.

I turned around and saw two guys. The first was far away close to the entrance of the dark hall, but coming to me. The other was camping the T side of under the bridge. I went after the camper. Again, I emptied my clip and missed him. But if you remember, there is that sort of pillar at the mouth of the ramp down, so I crouched there and reloaded. The guy came around and I HS'ed him.

By this time, the other guy made it to the bridge. So I moved around to the other side of the pillar, reloaded and HS'ed him when he came around. All this in like 10 seconds, it was great. I was accused of cheating and everything (which I was not)!

16. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    I have a couple:

1) Resident Evil 4: In the house with Louis and Ashley I had 3 rounds left in my handgun, 3 in my shotgun, and 10 in my tmp. I start firing with my handgun, taking down 1 of the guys. Then I move to the shotgun and take out 1 of the blade head things. Lastly my tmp takes out no one. Sp I mve into corner and take out my knife, and slice anyone that gets near me. When they ran away, I realized I had al least 3 reloads for my shoutgun.

2) Jedi Academy: My friend and I were the last guys on our team, and there were 5 people on the other team. We make a plan to draw them away from each other. We get 2 guys away from the team, and blow them to hell with a concussion rifle and Force powers. Then the other 3 showed up, and we fought them. My friend went down, and I began to run. They caught up, I turned to fight them and unleashed some cool moves, only to be taken down by a blaster shot.

3) GTA San Andreas: I have a 6 star wanted level, and no ammo at all. The only vehicle near by is a motorcycle, so I jump on and start doding tanks and cops. I make it to an ammunation, or something that sold guns, and I bought armor and a assault rifle. I go back out and start to fire on the cops, and jump back on the bike. Right when I thought I could escape with a plane, a tank hits me from the side and I fall off the bike. Then I back into an ally and open fire, then I was killed.

4) Knights of the Old Republic I: I dont remember where it was, but it was against some Mandalorians, and they were real hard to beat. Carth and Bastilla were taken down early, leaving my guy to fight them. I unleash tons of Force powers, but they always missed. When I got a hit, I used a few medpacs, and defensive Force powers, as they recovered from the stasis. When the come back I again fight hard with every move I had, but lost and died. The worst part is, I didnt save in like 3 hours.

17. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I have two on Call of Duty.

1. Dawnville, American Campaign: It was near the end, and we were palnning on silencing the German Mortar positions south of the town. I got to the wall, and picked up some extra ammunition. Thne they startewd spraying us with MG-42 fire. So, I did perhaps the sutpidest thing I could. I charged at them. I silenced with a lucky shot, then turned my attention to the other. I started to move in closer, but then someone else manned the first. I was caught in the cross fire and finished off within seconds.

2. Pegasus Bridge Day, British Campaign: There were about eighteen of us bracing for a German counter-attack. We were told that it would take close to ten minutes for reinforcments fomr the beaches to arrive. Then the Germans started shelling us, creating a complete massacure. We lost thirteen men in the space of five seconds. Then the infantry attacked. Our Bren gunner was killed, so I picked up his weapon and charged at the infantry. Unfortunately, I was out of amo. A few slams with a rifle butt and I was finished.

18. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    Halo 1. 5-on-5. Team Slayer. Chrion TL-34.

Mostly because of a disappearance of skill on my part, my team is losing 48-45. They're right pissed at me about this time.
    "Where the **** were you, Kalinich?!"
    "Where's my team support?"
    etc.

Anyway, I spawn right behind of the opposing team as they are leaving the shotgun room. I overcharge my plasma pistol and hit the last guy. From the other room, I hear: "Whoa!" The entire team turns around to find me releasing a second overcharge, which drops the guy I'd already hit. Of course, the other team starts spraying the place with their assault rifles and grenades. I frantically hurl overcharged shots at my enemies, to no avail. A grenade goes off practically right over my head, taking out my shields. Just as I relase the last fifteeen percent of energy in the pistol, "Press X to pick up" and an illustration of the shotgun shows up on my HUD. I press X and a fully-loaded shotgun appears in my hands.

BLAM! Double Kill!
    BOOM! Triple Kill!
    WHACK, WHACK! Killtacular!
    BAM! Killtacular! Game Over.
    BOOM! You were killed my Misnomer.

50-48. No one in that house could belive it.

19. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    Online on Battlefront,Cloud City, 4 on 3, of course Im the only guy who is defending the hallway that there entire team is trying to push up on.
    Im not sure if I was lucky or what, but I seriously pwned that level as they slowly pushed up the hallway.
    I would be a jet trooper and just keep on pinning them down with the EMP launcher. Since it was a 32 bot match, it wasnt hard to not hit something.
    I vaguly remember getting about 2 hallway sections away from there CP and simply owning them all until I got pushed back
    It was pretty funny taking on 4 human players and throwing a grenade, nocking 2 out of the window, easily dodge a rocket from the last player and taking him down with a well placed EMP.
    A kid switched teams to tell me that they were planning strategies solely to take me out, and asked me if I wanted to be an officer in his clan
    Final stats:
    kills: 81 ( more than anyone else by 30)
    deaths: 15 (less than anyone else)

20. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I have a new WoW moment.

Party of five, I?m tied for the highest level at 48 with the rogue. We?re fighting the elite level 51 Gorilla King east of Booty Bay. I?m a paladin, and we have a mage, a priest, a rogue, and a warlock. We start the fight, and things are going decently. I?m managing to keep his agro fine, and between my healing and the priest I?m staying alive despite his hits taking off 1/6 of my health every swing. And then another level 50 gorilla wanders in. The priest panics, and tries to run. She runs into another gorilla, which apparently killed her. The warlock and the mage turn on the add, trying to get rid of it. Suddenly not having any healing other than my own, I back off for a second. The rogue promptly gets swatted. The add dies as the gorilla king finishes off the rogue, and then runs over and attacks the mage. I run after it, trying to get its agro back. The mage dies, and then it continues to ignore my swats and go after the warlock. Whackety-whack. And then it?s just me and him.

He?s at maybe about 5% health while I?m pretty close to 100%, but he can kill me in about six average hits, and I have virtually no mana left. My teammates are telling me to run and res them as soon as I can. Naturally, I ignore them and fight it out. A few swings later, I?m at 78 health, and his health is almost invisible. I figure that I?m doomed. And then he misses. And then I parry. And then divine shield lights up. Huzzah! And I swing for the fences? and it?s blocked. Divine Shield drops.

AND THEN I PARRY AGAIN, AND THEN I GET A CRIT FOR THE WIN!

I did a victory dance on his body.

21. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    best non-dying moment:ratchet and clank 3:used double sided saber against all in the invasion of pheonix level(it's olmost all ninja bots I beat them at thier own game!

best dying moment:ratchet and clank 3:ran car into chain turret,destroying it an myself(my temmate destroyed the enemy base.

22. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    Another one at Bespin Cloud City....
    As the Empire, the battle wasnt going good, the rebs had captured our first CP upstairs and we were pinned down at our last upstairs one, which was a slaughter house. Theyed be a wookie or rocket man, and hole us up in the room were the CP was. Wed push up, then get pushed back. finally the score was 300 to 40 Rebels.
    Over the headset I told everyone (about 11 human players) that we were gonna make a last stand and push the rebels back. With everyone yeling warcries, we pushed them all the way back to the next upstairs CP and captured it. By that time we only had about 5 players left standing, and nobody could spawn. We saw all of there players spawn down the hall. With cries like ''For the Empire!'' and ''Long live the Emporor!'' over headset we charged down the hall shooting and with the momentum we killed them and got all the way to the last CP. Me and another guy were the last men standing on our team by the time we got there.
    Me:anyone alive? oh wait there you are.
    Other guy:Yea lets nutralize this sucker.
    (sound of mine exploding)
    Other guy: GAAAAA!!!!!!
    I was on the other end of the room when he tripped a mine. killing him and taking my health down to half. Then the all of the rebels spawned in the room. As you know the room is pretty small. I was shooting of rockets at boint blank range and laying down mines to add confusion. Finally I get hit with a rocket and get taken down. I had killing spree and public enemy on the award showing

23. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Off the top of my head I can remember two where I lived.

1) Jedi Power Battles - I and a friend had managed to survive the Tatooine level after multiple failures. That level was a bitch to me. The Tuskens basically shot me up until I was nearly dead. Unfortunately when I thought the level was done, out came Darth Maul. I just remember going balistic. I was pressing every button. Totally uncoordinated. I pretty much figured I was going to die anyways. I didn't know how long I was supposed to battle him but I figured I'd never see the end of it. But with each random button I pressed in a moment of desperation, I seemed to be jumping just when I needed to jump and blocking just when I needed to block. The battle was spectacular to watch. It seemed too synchronized. Then finally when I could go no further without certain death, the ship took off and I jumped out. Never had a battle like that since.

2) Mario Go Kart - My sister and I were trying to beat the Star Road on hard. Well on hard, those little bastards are vicious. It took us forever just to get there and we only had one shot at it. I mean we had barely qualified. It was a glorious move of self sacrifice and team work. My sister had fallen off the course during the race and when that happens, you're practically done because those jerks are usually three laps ahead of you by the time the cloud guys drops you down. Not to mention Mario comes buy and stars your ass off the road again. So when I was (by a miracle) about to go down the home stretch against Bowser, my sister had just gotten a star on the question block. She then turned her ass around and came at Bowser full speed. It knocked his ass right out of the way enabling me to cross the finish line. It was a glorious moment.

EDIT: One where I died.

Bomberman - My mother and I (yes she's a video game nut at age 57) had been playing Bomberman all Sunday trying to beat it. Well it finally turned midnight and I had school the next day. My dad was saying I needed to go to bed but my mom wouldn't have it. We were determined to beat that game. We finally got to the last boss and somehow managed to beat him. Then to our horror he morphed into something else and in our total shock we were killed within seconds. All because we never learned how to punch the bombs throughout the entire game. lol

24. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Painkiller.

Non dying

At the end of the millitary level, I was out of ammo, and the enemies were coming at me in waves. So I whipped out my mele weapon, held down the mouse button, and tore through them, sparing nothing, cackling insanely as I lopped of heads, sliced of limbs, and turned enemies into bloody chunks of flesh.

25. darth_joaquinn

darth_joaquinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2004
    ive got a few on battlefronts but ill tell you the best one

i was playing CIS and it was about 2 to 30 and i was thing why wont it just go to victory to the other team because sometimes it does and me and this other guy were in the cloneing facility if thats how you spell it and i had 4 rockets left and the other guy came up behind me and told me to stay there while he goes off and trys to take annother command post so i did and then about 10 secs later it whent down to 28 to 1 so i thought oh sith im a gonna so i saw swarms of clones come over one of the bridges so i took cover behind one of the big guns and started shooting i think i took about 8 of them out with my gun the i started blowing them away with the rockets and because i kill so maney they kept on giving me ammo and stuff and then a clone came up behind me and shot me in the back so i died im still not sure about how maney i got but i gave my self a pat on the back.

and i got another story but this is not mine this is the other teams they have like 4 guys left and when had like 80 something and they were in clone ship and they just kept on taking us out and they won it just came up vctory to them i still dont know how it happend but it did so yea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.